***** The official Hibs v Rangers match thread *****

Madina

26 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Bar the sheep we’ve beaten the other two every game this season. 

I do like when the games that are meant to be meaningful only for us to win them we are then told they aren’t and we move onto the next one.

see the next game we don’t win the bottle will be questioned as it always is. 

then when we win a big game it’ll be that’s not really a big game with an excuse then added 

Dropping 5 points to the sheep and 6 to the filth over 4 games doesn’t win you leagues sadly, and I think bottle played a big part.

Until we start putting runs together and winning titles bottle and quality will always be questioned.

I’m not for revising history. If we win tonight, it’s still a big game. I’m hopefully under PC we start to consistently win the ‘big games’ to the point they become run of the mill.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Dropping 5 points to the sheep and 6 to the filth over 4 games doesn’t win you leagues sadly, and I think bottle played a big part.

Until we start putting runs together and winning titles bottle and quality will always be questioned.

I’m not for revising history. If we win tonight, it’s still a big game. I’m hopefully under PC we start to consistently win the ‘big games’ to the point they become run of the mill.

We were 16 or so unbeaten under clement. We beat betis, won the cup and a few decisions go our way at the midden we don’t lose there:

so again what size a run is it we need to go on before bottle isn’t questioned?

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Don't think that's fair for the home games against Aberdeen and the scum or the away game against the scum. We were rotten as a team under Beale, the players looked lost in almost every game where they came up against an organised, well coached side that had a clear game plan. The game in december we simply didn't take our chances in the first half due to lack of quality. Think we showed plenty of bottle to fight our way back into the game down to 10 tbh but people can disagree with that.

Aberdeen away you could possibly make the case, but the other three I'd disagree. 

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Don't think that's fair for the home games against Aberdeen and the scum or the away game against the scum. We were rotten as a team under Beale, the players looked lost in almost every game where they came up against an organised, well coached side that had a clear game plan. The game in december we simply didn't take our chances in the first half due to lack of quality. Think we showed plenty of bottle to fight our way back into the game down to 10 tbh but people can disagree with that.

Aberdeen away you could possibly make the case, but the other three I'd disagree. 

Aberdeen away should’ve seen us out of sight tbh. Some terrible finishing cost us, or poor bottle if you like 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Aberdeen away should’ve seen us out of sight tbh. Some terrible finishing cost us, or poor bottle if you like 

I think we were poor that day for the first half, really didn't respond well to going behind. Might have been because of the pressure of going 1-0 down away at a tough place to go, while knowing that for the first time in a while the scum had dropped points. Responding to a setback like that is where you might question whether the mentality was right in that game. 

I tend to think the mentality stuff gets a bit overplayed mate, people forget there's two sides playing the game sometimes, but that was the only game of the four mentioned where I felt it was fair someone could make that argument. Maybe the pressure of the situation got the better of them in the first half and left us with a lot to do. 

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I've been critical of this teams bottle plenty of times in the past but not worried about that tonight, lack of quality is the issue for me tonight 

That’s where I am 

my biggest worry is being wasteful up front and it biting us on the arse 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

We were 16 or so unbeaten under clement. We beat betis, won the cup and a few decisions go our way at the midden we don’t lose there:

so again what size a run is it we need to go on before bottle isn’t questioned?

Hard to say really, until we win the league I think it always will be.

Seems a recurring theme that whenever there’s a chance to close the gap after they drop points, or overtake them, we feel under pressure and don’t get the job done. Might just be my perception though.

Better under PC obviously.

11 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

FFS mate where you been :lol:

hope you’re doing ok mate 

All good bud, having weans and working hard :craphead:

don’t get much time for anything else these days but everything rosey in the garden 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Feels like a similar game to the 55 season that we’d go and win 1-0. Horrible winter night, midweek, few injuries. 3 points and up the road. Can tell that’s the nerves kicked as thought we’d scud them 2/3 days ago. 😂

IIRC the players had to get changed in the concourse that night.

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hard to say really, until we win the league I think it always will be.

Seems a recurring theme that whenever there’s a chance to close the gap after they drop points, or overtake them, we feel under pressure and don’t get the job done. Might just be my perception though.

Better under PC obviously.

So we can take Europe and cup wins out of it and its league only? 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

So we can take Europe and cup wins out of it and its league only? 

I think Europe is a bit of a free hit to an extent, pressure wasn’t on us at Betis really as we were total underdogs.

Cup win was great, and ground it out. Hopefully the start of seeing it more consistently.

League is the absolute no 1 priority every year, and where the pressure is. 

43 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Europe is a bit of a free hit to an extent, pressure wasn’t on us at Betis really as we were total underdogs.

Cup win was great, and ground it out. Hopefully the start of seeing it more consistently.

League is the absolute no 1 priority every year, and where the pressure is. 

Personally thought there was loads of pressure in Europe as we had dropped 5 points to the worst team in the group and had to get a win in Spain to avoid the Conference League against a team that were undefeated at home and historically having a shite record in Spain.

The LC was a solid win, agree need to do demonstrate the consistency.

League should always be the priority, pressure is on us every game we play, granted some games have added significance tarriers, sheep and Edinburgh clubs.

I think sometimes the label of bottlers is a bit lazy as all our games domestically are pretty much ‘must win’, sometimes we play shite and drop points eg Aberdeen at home but it generally gets headlined as a ‘bottle job’ rather than not performing.