*****The Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread*****

14 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Just in great result👍 controlled the game for 30 mins then lost our way a bit ,Goldson poor at the goal thought but land was slow to come out

cantwell again took his goal brilliantly 

some odd subs from the boss matondo was doing well and had the beating of that right back, diamonde was an odd one too to be thrown into a vital game when your not up to speed, still doesn’t matter

silva did more in 2 minutes when he came on than dessers done the whole game

their free kick at the end 😳

Sick to death of conceding that goal from a ball over the top. How many goals like that does that Miovski lad have now?

We made hard work of it, but we got there. Thought we were superb in the first 20-30mins, tailed off a little which was to be expected given the tempo, but gave away a really poor goal.

Second half took a bit to get going, but one wee attack got the stadium back on board and rocking again. Should be a big win for the team's mentality.

On 04/02/2024 at 15:12, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Only concern is what looks like a fucking hoodoo they have over us in OF games, Clement for me absolutely knows what he's doing, but if shit just conspires against you then its brutally hard to turn fortunes around

A thumping win at ibrox over them would be good, but for mentality side a win when we havent been the better team would probably have a bigger impact, the game at ibrox in the title season where we won without having a shot on target, something like that i think would end them

@Jimfanciesthedude made this post in general sports a few days ago and although it was about OF games, I felt that it applied tonight. To dig in and win like that should serve us well in the long run. Whole stadium stuck with the team, barely anyone leaving early etc. Important.

Compare and contrast the emotions from the last time we played Aberdeen at Ibrox, never left the stadium so angry. Bouncing tonight.

Great result for us tonight and the momentum is definitely in our favour. We need to cut out the sloppy passes still and once again some of our finishing wasn’t great but one thing I’m really happy with is the spirit and heart of the players. Some didn’t have their best game tonight but we had 11 players on that pitch busting a gut and we haven’t seen that in a while. I’m starting to believe.

Btw Yilmaz is everywhere. I’ve caught him a few times very central both in the middle of the park and in the final third. Clearly Clement has given him a fair bit of flexibility to roam about. An interesting one tactically. 

7 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Sick to death of conceding that goal from a ball over the top. How many goals like that does that Miovski lad have now?

The cunt is decent and strong TBF but Goldson is a million miles aff it this season.

Sad that he's still our best.

But collectively and with the gaffer making big changes at right time we get there.

Cracking start to the game Matondo was on good form but faded alongside Yilmaz allowing them to snuff out our threat and we resort to the pedestrian passing after easily getting the ball beyond them on both sides of the park in that first half .

Two cracking goals and in the build up but we really should have been out of sight in that first half their usual shithousery impacts on our dominance not helped by some poor passing as they upped the press some of the time wasting from these cunts is pathetic to watch its all faked and still these gullible officials tolerate and reward it .

Their goal was sloppy as fuck  all started by Dessers not controlling a simple ball in their half then the defence goes to sleep 

The red card I thought was ridiculous the lad clearly slipped on the turf as he glided onto his arse via his heels in what would have been an otherwise legitimate tackle for the ball.

The amount of Injury time i don't know where they got that from apart from trying to cover their arses in what they rewarded the mutton moletsters in time wasting .

Even better to see those cunts struggle four times in that Govan/Copland corner trying to get the ball back from our players as they ran down the clock.

Great result but we need to be more clinical and less sloppy in allowing these cunts back into the game . 

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Yes, it was a straight red. 

It "will" (should) get rescinded. 

They will have to back Robertson or sack him, they gave him all the tools to get it right which shocked me to begin with.

But guess what his anti Rangers blood and education dripped through.

3 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Btw Yilmaz is everywhere. I've caught him a few times very central both in the middle of the park and in the final third. Clearly Clement has given him a fair bit of flexibility to roam about. An interesting one tactically. 

I was starting to worry when I read the start of that mate :lol:

2 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

They will have to back Robertson or sack him, they gave him all the tools to get it right which shocked me to begin with.

But guess what his anti Rangers blood and education dripped through.

Not necessarily mate, was it not that wee cheat Collum sent Lundstram off a couple of seasons ago, we ended up drawing with Hibs. 

Red eventually got rescinded, but damage was done as we were ahead before the sending off. 

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Not necessarily mate, was it not that wee cheat Collum sent Lundstram off a couple of seasons ago, we ended up drawing with Hibs. 

Red got rescinded, but damage was done as we were ahead before the sending off. 

Maybe not but would be saying Robertson got it wrong then got it wrong.

So he is not good enough to ref