*****The Official Rangers v Ayr United Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

All depends. Lawrence didn't make the bench tonight so not sure how fit he is after tweaking something with his shot that led to the goal the other night. It may be that Lundstram, Diomande and Cantwell are our best options against Ross County. I would rule out Raskin and while I'm a fan of Jack I don't think we need both he and Lundstram at home against Ross County. 

Lawrence will be back going by Clements comments.

The difference between cortes and Wright on either wing was night and day, wright was fucking dreadful, Raskin had another shit game, I'm honestly at the stage now where I'm more shocked if he has a good game rather than bad. I was very impressed with the support Ayr took away with them puts most other teams in the spfl to shame

1 minute ago, Ben10 said:

The Scott Wright hatred, I mean, as far as im concerned he's a fuckin Saint compared to the frauds Clement has inherited. 

Namely Cyriel Dessers, Sam Lammers, (hes still employed by us) Niko Raskin. 

29 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

That's what promotion and relegation is for.

One-off cup games doesn't overrule the other 50 games a season. Ayr can't beat the likes of Greenock Morton and Arbroath, what good would they do in our league?

Bigger travelling support than half our league can get at home for a start 

Promotion and relegation is rigged anyway with that bullshit playoff, you finish in the bottom 2 and you should go down no second chances for dross 

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Bigger travelling support than half our league can get at home for a start 

He's right mate. Up to them to get themselves through the leagues. You suggested reconstruction but sportingly you can't cherry-pick Ayr and Partick while getting rid of Livingston just because of the size of the fanbases. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Dessers is a large part of the reason why we've clawed as many points back in the league to make it a title race. 

Striker options wise we only have Silva and Dessers. As much as Dessers can be awful at times he can still find the back of the net. 

Neither Silva or Dessers will start every game or play 90 mins every game. Clement is doing it very well. Making sure not to burn either out and keep them ticking over. 

They are the only two we have basically, so I see them both being as important as the other due to the circumstances. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Dessers is a large part of the reason why we've clawed as many points back in the league to make it a title race. 

If that's the belief in the camp then I've had it. A blind sow finds an acorn now and  again 

3 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

If that's the belief in the camp then I've had it. A blind sow finds an acorn now and  again 

What we going to do, play Silva 90 mins every competition, every game until the end of the season. That's not feesible. He'll end up burnt out/injured. 

He'll rotate the two as they are the only "strikers" we basically have. 

I've said before, I doubt we'll ever see them playing at the same time in our team for that reason. Our manager is going about it perfectly. 

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Lawrence will be back going by Clements comments.

I think a good few posters in here never heard the managers presser....clearly said that Cortes & Diomande were fit to start but unable to play the 90 and Lawrence was left out as a precaution the same as what they had done with Jack in midweek as bith build back up to fitness