*****The Official Rangers v Ayr United Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, NitshillBear said:

I'd rather have Ayr in our league than Livingston. 

I was just thinking something similar obviously Brown is a cunt etc but his team put up a better fight at Ibrox than half the premier teams would.

34 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Bigger travelling support than half our league can get at home for a start 

Promotion and relegation is rigged anyway with that bullshit playoff, you finish in the bottom 2 and you should go down no second chances for dross 

Mate it was a cup tie, Ayr don't get anywhere near 1800 for a home game normally, today was an occasion....if it was normal league business they would be bringing 400 - 500 the same as many a team in Scotland 

42 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

The Scott Wright hatred, I mean, as far as im concerned he's a fuckin Saint compared to the frauds Clement has inherited. 

Inherited is the key word.

I suspect the team will change significantly once PC has a couple of windows to bring in his own players.

Until then he's got to roll the jobbies in glitter and make the best of what he's got to work with.

1 minute ago, saintbob1969 said:

Wonder how they’d fight against Shellic!

Good question, tbh I think he would want to put one over on Rodgers. It would make him a more plausible future candidate for the manager job at the Paedodome.

All credit to the Ayr players. They were fit (Goldson was breathing fire out his arse after 80 min) and gave a very good account of themselves, no timewasting, not afraid to come forward.

Their manager was just a wee fanny.

Cortés really looks a great out and out winger, so where will Sima play?

Scott Wright - why? Awful

Tav and Goldson - mistakes a plenty.

Next round - St Mirren at home please 😃😃😃

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

All credit to the Ayr players. They were fit (Goldson was breathing fire out his arse after 80 min) and gave a very good account of themselves, no timewasting, not afraid to come forward.

Cortes can play on either wing I believe.

Goldson was lucky to escape a red card early in the first half when he lost possession needlessly and then lunged in studs showing to recover the ball. On another day and maybe a few milliseconds different timing and he could easily have been in the shit.

I thought Jack had a decent first half. He rarely lets the team down. Didn't see much of him in the second half. Having said that, I have him as the sixth midfielder behind Lundstram, Diomande, Sterling, Cantwell & Lawrence, and Raskin as the seventh choice now!! (plus Dowell)

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

League reconstruction really needs looked at just from our recent cup games teams like Ayr and Partick would offer far more to our league than the likes of Livingston and a few others 

But with league reconstruction you'd still have had Livi and the likes in the league, you'd just have other teams as well.

Besides, Ayr probably still wouldn't be in it. They're 7th in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Shout out for Soapy who had another terrific game in the light blue colours

Yes I have been a big critic but he had a very good game.

Back in from the game, positives through to next round, clean sheet, Cortes performance, game time for Diomande.

Negatives were the performances from Goldson, Raskin, Wright and the team generally with some sloppy play and lack of intensity.

Easiest team at home in the next round.

On to Wednesday night.

It's a no win game for us. A no lose game for Ayr.

Ayr were plucky and gave some fight..... They made a game of it and fair play to them for that.

Probably should have made it more comfortable, but 2-0, 3-0, 4-0..... It's all the same.  Even winning 10-0...... We get little credit for it.

Not even sure Wright’s a negative anymore. He’s just a Motherwell standard player at the wrong club.

Tries his best but he doesn’t have it.

Cortes looks promising. Sima, Silva, Cortes front line would have a lot of quality. Might take time to gel though 

37 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Sima would play on the left wing 

22 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Not even sure Wright’s a negative anymore. He’s just a Motherwell standard player at the wrong club.

Tries his best but he doesn’t have it.

Cortes looks promising. Sima, Silva, Cortes front line would have a lot of quality. Might take time to gel though 

The unfortunate thing about that is all 3 are loan players