***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

From the best performance of the season to one on a with the aberdeen debacle under beale. Injuries are hammering us but its the lack of a quality centre half thats really fuckin us. The signs were there on wednesday with the chances we gave up and it came home to roost today. Whatever way this league finishes clement will know that at least one competent centre half is the priority in the summer.

Shambles defensively today but given the number of shots, corners and possession we should be winning games like that. Totally agree our centre half’s always have a mistake in them but having Dessers as our only striker is criminal 

Playing with no natural width leaves you so open on the counter. 

There’s a massive difference losing the ball out wide or after a cross from their bye line.

And losing it in the middle of the park.

Your full backs are out of position. The midfielders are caught higher. 

Are emergency loan deals a thing 😂

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh I wouldn’t have had McCausland near the team. But even when we changed it we were still pretty pish.

He’ll have to find something but going two up top and packing the midfield isn’t going to get any better service.

It’s depressing as fuck. We need to squeeze out results until we get Matondo, Cantwell, Sima etc back.

Tbh I just want us to stop playing it out wide and whipping aimless balls in to strikers who clearly won't win a header

It's as if the quick 1 touch passing/movement of the last few months has disappeared over the last 2 games and we're back to the old Gerrard tactics of relying on the fullbacks for service

Pressure got to them today, no doubt about it

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Don't trust this team to beat them at Ibrox either.

Today has fucking scunnered me. We NEVER take advantage it's a joke

Unless they get injuries to key players again, there's no way that squad today beats them.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh I wouldn’t have had McCausland near the team. But even when we changed it we were still pretty pish.

He’ll have to find something but going two up top and packing the midfield isn’t going to get any better service.

It’s depressing as fuck. We need to squeeze out results until we get Matondo, Cantwell, Sima etc back.

McCausland needs to be dropped. His contribution in the 6 weeks or so has been zilch.

Another who came in and wowed us initially and then as quickly, went into total obscurity.

H

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Unless they get injuries to key players again, there's no way that squad today beats them.

It’s beyond a joke now. Last game Hatate was their only player missing. (Back in a few weeks).

We have 8 either injured or deemed not fit enough to start and/or needing managed

Danilo, Cortes, Sima, Cantwell, McCausland, Jack and Lawrence+Roofe

12 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. Fuckin sick and angry. Fuckin dreadful performance. The injuries and the lack of a real goal threat have finally caught up with us. 

Won't like it mate, but we are all the same. I don't think the league cannot be won but that result is a kick in the balls and means we will probably be a point behind after tomorrow. 

I did not expect that today and while the Ref once again was hellish, we just were poor from the start and these hammer throwers can score as well as park the buss. Phil told us they were the 3rd highest at his presser yesterday. 

Nightmarish result tbh. As the team that have struggled in the head to heads, we can’t afford to be dropping points in a game like that. Does feel like a hard tide to turn if they win convincingly tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Tbh I just want us to stop playing it out wide and whipping aimless balls in to strikers who clearly won't win a header

It's as if the quick 1 touch passing/movement of the last few months has disappeared over the last 2 games and we're back to the old Gerrard tactics of relying on the fullbacks for service

Pressure got to them today, no doubt about it

I think the players thought it would be a walkover. That and the fucking ref/VAR. Criminal 

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Shambles defensively today but given the number of shots, corners and possession we should be winning games like that. Totally agree our centre half’s always have a mistake in them but having Dessers as our only striker is criminal 

Up front you can kind of make an excuse for because of the injury situation, that today isnt the best options we have in the forward areas. We just had to make do. Unfortunately we dont really have any good options at centre half, even when everyone is fit. The amount of chances we give away in just about every single game is shocking. We were always gonna pay for that at some point.

Just now, Vanoli said:

Nightmarish result tbh. As the team that have struggled in the head to heads, we can’t afford to be dropping points in a game like that. Does feel like a hard tide to turn if they win convincingly tomorrow. 

And they will, no doubt about it. We've given them the boost they needed. We had our chance to extend that pressure on Brenda but that's fucked now. Scunnered 

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Zero ruthlessness up top.

Need someone you can rely on to score every week to win leagues. They have that Japanese boy and we have Dessers and Silva who are rank in the final third.

Is Cantwell due back for the derby?

6 minutes ago, Carnbroe Bear said:

McCausland needs to be dropped. His contribution in the 6 weeks or so has been zilch.

Another who came in and wowed us initially and then as quickly, went into total obscurity.

H

He is a young player and a winger, there was always gonna be a period when he lost form. 

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Won't like it mate, but we are all the same. I don't think the league cannot be won but that result is a kick in the balls and means we will probably be a point behind after tomorrow. 

I did not expect that today and while the Ref once again was hellish, we just were poor from the start and these hammer throwers can score as well as park the buss. Phil told us they were the 3rd highest at his presser yesterday. 

I expect us to be 1 point behind tomorrow mate. We have blown a big chance today. Every game I’m concerned about our forwards/goal threat. I think that and the injuries will cost us big time. No excuses today we were fuckin awful mate. 

41 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

Exactly this. Anyone in this thread saying the league is gone is off their head.

I don’t think many are saying that. Lots of football to play. There is quite rightly frustration that after such a great effort to overturn their lead and go top we manage to be so shocking at home and potentially surrender that lead after 2 weeks only. 

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We knew this was the risk we took when the board failed to sanction signing Shankland. We shouldn’t let them forget it if we fail to win this title. 

If we had signed him he would probably have done his ligament in week 1

3 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I don’t think many are saying that. Lots of football to play. There is quite rightly frustration that after such a great effort to overturn their lead and go top we manage to be so shocking at home and potentially surrender that lead after 2 weeks only. 

There’s been loads saying the league is done. Even before the FT whistle.

However they are probably the same people who had the us as champions after beating Killie.. so their posts should really just be ignored. 

55 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

More than one in this thread saying the league is over. 

If we both don't drop points how do you explain the 8 point turnaround? 🤔

What with the 2 games in hand 🤔.

They've got players that pull it out the bag we've got players that shit the bed it's that simple

7 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I expect us to be 1 point behind tomorrow mate. We have blown a big chance today. Every game I’m concerned about our forwards/goal threat. I think that and the injuries will cost us big time. No excuses today we were fuckin awful mate. 

I still expect us to be top.