RIP My Dad 1944-2024

On 05/03/2024 at 23:49, ZZed said:

I know exactly how you feel. My wife died on Saturday morning at 10.30. She was 55, I now know what heart break is. I hope you always keep him within you and focus on the happy stuff of life when they were there. I hope you pain fade quickly. With love.

Christ mate, so sorry, puts my loss in perspective. RIP to your wife. 

Such a difficult time. Stick together and give each other support through it all and especially be kind to yourself it can be easy to try and block a lot out and be the strong one but remember to give yourself the time to grieve. Glad the service went well and hope it gives some comfort to you and your family 💙.

On 05/03/2024 at 17:32, ayrshireranger said:

RIP My Dad, John Hamilton 1944-2024

Tomorrow, I will have to do the worst thing any child has to do: bury a parent. In this case, My Dad.. He passed away peacefully on the 17th February, just days after seeing in his 80th Birthday.

My family is heartbroken, I am heartbroken. My Dad is dead. The man who help raise me, the man who was the strong man I looked up to a child, the man who took me to my first football match and was my companion at games for the nest 40 years. 

He was a fan since 1950. Grew up with Young, Shaw, Hubbard(who became a close friend which blew him away lol), Simpson and then THAT team of Baxter, Caldow, Shearer, McMillan (RIP), Brand, Miller, McKinnon, Wilson. To the modern greats. He saw them all. And loved Rangers as nuch at 80 as he did aged 6 back in 1950. 

Together we saw some of the great days and nights of said last 40 years. From the Souness era and 9IAR to the run to the final in Seville. Which by then he was getting too old to attend a final abroad. He would have loved the irony of us going top that weekend he died. In his memory, I will be there on Thursday night and for the rest of the season, BUT it will not be the same and probably will not be for a long time.....

RIP to a bluenose, a father and simply DAD.

Just saw your sad news mate and i offer my sincere condolences to you and your loved ones mate.:sad:

On 07/03/2024 at 10:36, ayrshireranger said:

Well, that is him gone. A beautiful service and cremation at Masonhill, attended by a small private crowd, but everyone of them a family member or genuine friend. Ironically, Masonhill is where his childhood hero turned later friend Johnny Hubbard is buried. And we were at his funeral. 

I am humbled by all the heartfelt comments from everyone here, THANK YOU. My Mum was in tears when I showed her this thread. When his own mother died in Aug 88, IMO his taking me to the football heloed him cope and take his mind off his pain. It was days before the 5-1 drubbing of them, and I dont think till then I never saw him happier than that Saturday, but then we were all so happy that day lol. 

AGAIN, thank you everyone for your kind comments and love. 

Just saw your post with the news of your dad's passing. I'm so, so sorry for your loss mate 😞