RIP My Dad 1944-2024

1 minute ago, ayrshireranger said:

RIP My Dad, John Hamilton 1944-2024

Tomorrow, I will have to do the worst thing any child has to do: bury a parent. In this case, My Dad.. He passed away peacefully on the 17th February, just days after seeing in his 80th Birthday.

My family is heartbroken, I am heartbroken. My Dad is dead. The man who help raise me, the man who was the strong man I looked up to a child, the man who took me to my first football match and was my companion at games for the nest 40 years. 

He was a fan since 1950. Grew up with Young, Shaw, Hubbard, Simpson and then THAT team of Baxter, Caldow, Shearer, McMillan (RIP), Brand, Miller, McKinnon, Wilson. To the modern greats. He saw them all. 

Together we saw some of the great days and nights of said last 40 years. From the Souness era and 9IAR to the run to the final in Seville. Which by then he was getting too old to attend a final abroad. He would have loved the irony of us going top that weekend he died. In his memory, I will be there on Thursday night and for the rest of the season, BUT it will not be the same and probably will not be for a long time.....

RIP to a bluenose, a father and simply DAD.

RIP to your dad, all the best to you and your family 👍🏻