Diomande

10 hours ago, King Jela said:

Heard that for just about every player we've signed under 25. 

I think we could've done it too with the likes of Morelos, Borna and Kent if we actually sold them when their value was through the roof, throw in Bassey and Aribo and we've found some great gems over the years, we just had (outwith Bassey) no interest in selling them, particularly when they were at their peak, which is what you have to do for this to work.

55 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

1. Build a team around Raskin? What's he done to justify that?

2. Diomamde goes for over £20m next summer? Are you serious, based on what?

I think Diomande potentially has a big move in him.

Topping the Bassey money is unlikely though. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Diomande potentially has a big move in him.

Topping the Bassey money is unlikely though. 

I'd not disagree he's got great potential and could result in a good sell on.

But so many variables made up the case for Bassey, incl left sided, super athletic physique, our EL run and his performances in that comp, Ajax needed a profile met, his age etc.

Few if any players in Scotland will ever go for 23m plus. Not unless additional factors are added in like they were involving Bassey. And unless we get a good run in Europe again next season I'd not imagine any that do will be our players.

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Granted he’s been nowhere near the form he can show and the injury has fucked him but hopefully he can kick on next season. 

diomande has huge potential so they say and bassey only had a great half season. It’s a big ask but he could be the next big sale if he lives up. But I could be completely wrong it’s just my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Allan43 said:

Granted he’s been nowhere near the form he can show and the injury has fucked him but hopefully he can kick on next season. 

diomande has huge potential so they say and bassey only had a great half season. It’s a big ask but he could be the next big sale if he lives up. But I could be completely wrong it’s just my opinion 

He never really showed any form before injury 

21 minutes ago, Allan43 said:

People have been talking about Raskin kicking on for 18 months now and made various excuses as to why he hasn’t.

7 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I don’t get what they see. But this is one instance where if Raskin was called Greg docherty then he’d be slaughtered  

He had that spell when he looked decent for a few games towards the end of last season (he wasn’t the only one) but it’s been “he’s not had much football and is off the pace”, “he’s playing in a poor team”, “he’s been injured” but you sit and think at what point do we just say he’s maybe not actually that good? 

17 hours ago, Allan43 said:

There's nothing to suggest he'll be a £20m plus player in 12 months time just because, like a player who went for that figure, he has potential.

It's a once in a blue moon phenomenon to get that money for a transfer for a player playing in Scotland. And whilst Diamonde looks like he has something, it's fucking mental seeing it as a Bassey type figure. Let's see if he even nails down a starting position next term...

Diomande has potential but for any midfielder in Scotland to go for 20 million they need to be scoring and assisting a lot of goals.

Diomande might develop into somebody who can do that (I’m not convinced he will) but no “neat and tidy” midfielder is moving from Scotland to a top five league for 20 million. 

26 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Diomande has potential but for any midfielder in Scotland to go for 20 million they need to be scoring and assisting a lot of goals.

Diomande might develop into somebody who can do that (I’m not convinced he will) but no “neat and tidy” midfielder is moving from Scotland to a top five league for 20 million. 

O’Reily for the paedos will end up going for £25m in the summer. Criminal our scouts never identified him tbh. 

11 minutes ago, SPWF said:

O’Reily for the paedos will end up going for £25m in the summer. Criminal our scouts never identified him tbh. 

Mad they’ll get that and he’s been shite the best part of 5 month 

On 08/05/2024 at 08:46, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's an insecurity with transfers among our support because the pedophiles can consistently bring in big fees, whereas we can't. 

17 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

Meh, tbh, I think his time here was good, but in retrospect overhyped. 

A 20 year old with 12 goals and 5 assists in his first full season of senior football.  This season he's 9 goals and 15 assists with a league medal to show for it.

He's levels above any player in our team, this season or last.

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

Aye can see him playing alongside Bellingham at Real Madrid

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Mad they’ll get that and he’s been shite the best part of 5 month 

They’ve got a track record of selling unfortunately. And they’re cash rich because our failures domestically have handed them CL money so they can negotiate from strength. Fucking sickening. Hope the court case beggars them. 

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

Nonsense,  he's  good but £25 m :lol: