*****Rangers v the filth match thread*****

9 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Starting 11 was wrong for starters.

Butlund must have shat it because of Southgate, can only be the reason he wasnt on it today he's been pretty consistent   

Sterling should have played where Diamonde played, 

Goldson another mare 

Souttar meh

Tav ffs  

Diamonde should have played where Lawrence played 

Lunny needed  help, but still gave too many balls away 

Lawrence his worst game in blue

Silva if he didn't put amutuer dramatics in every challenge he received would have got the penalty, the way he goes down is embarrassing but it was still contact so Var correct decision 

Wright barely touched the ball used as scapegoat at HT (deserved)  because you  could easily have took any player off in that first half.

Dessers came into it when we finally got some width I'm not going to be too harsh because he had fuck all service for 55 minutes,  still should have won it at the death with another shot missing the target.

pc got his subs correct and made up for the start but we were miles off it. 

Ive never seen our passing so bad in a OFl, shockingly bad.

Really got out  of jail today and scraped a point  

Only thing I take from today is we were the worst we've been all season and they still couldn't beat us. 

Beat the shite heavily and a draw at the piggery its ours to lose still

Tav excellent penalty

Lundstrum needed help, agreed

Butland stunning save, unfortunately counted for very little

Would be starting Sima now over Silva

Matondo another stunning finish, clearly starts before Wright.

On reflection could have won the game

PC got it completely wrong for me. We were outplayed in middle of the park, didn’t press them enough, Wright should never have started and Silva shouldn’t have got past the half hour mark.

1 hour ago, demise said:

Noticed is the amount of fouls they did in the first half. Everytime we got the ball there was someone to tackle or make a foul. Which worked pretty well for them first half, but when yellow cards started flying, they had to stop and we gained momentum. 

Great point. They carry out some amount of snidey fouls and get away with it. It's been highlighted with the bookings they've got in Europe. Beaton was decent today but let them away with murder a couple of times today.

3 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I’m not blaming the decisions.  Quite the contrary I was alluding to the point that all games this season have been very tight and huge decisions went against us. 

Under Gerrard we would beat them at least twice a season but we’d have been 5/6 points behind.  We’ve taken one point from them and can go back top on Wednesday. 

I entirely see your point, don’t get me wrong…. I just think if we win the league then I wouldn’t care how many times we beat them.  

I wouldn't either. But how realistic is it that you'll win the league without beating them once? 

11 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Next old firm we're going to need to play well, you could see a few just melting with the simple stuff especially first half, that's a mentality thing for me, said earlier one day we're going to start one of these games well.

Only once the old guard with the inferior mentality is cleared out.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I wouldn't either. But how realistic is it that you'll win the league without beating them once? 

We have a great chance of doing it this season but I certainly don’t remember it happening personally. 

Then again I don’t remember both OF being quite as bad as they are now 😅

22 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Starting 11 was wrong for starters.

Butlund must have shat it because of Southgate, can only be the reason he wasnt on it today he's been pretty consistent   

Sterling should have played where Diamonde played, 

Goldson another mare 

Souttar meh

Tav ffs  

Diamonde should have played where Lawrence played 

Lunny needed  help, but still gave too many balls away 

Lawrence his worst game in blue

Silva if he didn't put amutuer dramatics in every challenge he received would have got the penalty, the way he goes down is embarrassing but it was still contact so Var correct decision 

Wright barely touched the ball used as scapegoat at HT (deserved)  because you  could easily have took any player off in that first half.

Dessers came into it when we finally got some width I'm not going to be too harsh because he had fuck all service for 55 minutes,  still should have won it at the death with another shot missing the target.

pc got his subs correct and made up for the start but we were miles off it. 

Ive never seen our passing so bad in a OFl, shockingly bad.

Really got out  of jail today and scraped a point  

Only thing I take from today is we were the worst we've been all season and they still couldn't beat us. 

Beat the shite heavily and a draw at the piggery its ours to lose still

Pretty spot on apart from Souttar. Thought he was terrific 2nd half.

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Most seasons that would seem mental but with what has gone before in this season it is entirely a real possibility. A draw at Parkhead and we're massive favourites (obviously matching them in terms of other games until then).

31 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Can't remember it happening in my lifetime. 

But it's entirely possible this season.

A draw at the piggery if we win our games up to then and we're in with a good shout.

1 hour ago, AberfeldyBlue said:

Phil cant look at his team selection today and not think "fuck me what was I thinking"?

Other than sima for wright cant see he got it majorly wrong. Think the issue was we melt when pressure is on