Post split fixtures

49 minutes ago, Madina said:

Can't see us being at Killie. We've played 2 league games there already. It will be at Ibrox. The taigs will be away there not us 

We not played St Mirren and Dundee twice away before the split as well? We’re going to need to go away to one of them. Exactly why the format of our league is stupid 

So far this season we’ve played:

celtic Hx2 Ax1

Hearts Hx2 Ax1

Kilmarnock Hx1 Ax2

St Mirren Hx1 Ax2

——————————

Dundee Hx1 A x2

Hibs Hx2 Ax1

Motherwell Hx2 Ax1

We need to play 2 home and 3 away fixtures post split (one of which is against them) so really we should be looking for either Hibs or Motherwell to make top 6 as it should mean the fixtures for us (and them) are pretty straight forward to figure out.

My understanding is that they try to ensure the title race (and then race for European spots) get the same number of home and away games and that at a minimum every team gets at least 18 home games (I’m pretty sure teams are only allowed to lose out on 1 home fixture) which might mean fucking around with a bunch of other fixtures.

Dundee make top 6 and it’s really anyone’s guess who our 3rd away trip is out of Killie, St Mirren & Dundee.

Hibs or Motherwell make the top 6 and I think they should have to go to Killie and St Mirren (again Dundee make the top 6 and who knows what they will come up with!!!)

3 hours ago, GA1972 said:

We not played St Mirren and Dundee twice away before the split as well? We’re going to need to go away to one of them. Exactly why the format of our league is stupid 

Yup it's totally stupid. I've never been a fan of it. Usually the team in 7th end up with more points than the team in 6th. Ridiculous 😏

6 hours ago, rossco87 said:

So far this season we’ve played:

celtic Hx2 Ax1

Hearts Hx2 Ax1

Kilmarnock Hx1 Ax2

St Mirren Hx1 Ax2

——————————

Dundee Hx1 A x2

Hibs Hx2 Ax1

Motherwell Hx2 Ax1

We need to play 2 home and 3 away fixtures post split (one of which is against them) so really we should be looking for either Hibs or Motherwell to make top 6 as it should mean the fixtures for us (and them) are pretty straight forward to figure out.

My understanding is that they try to ensure the title race (and then race for European spots) get the same number of home and away games and that at a minimum every team gets at least 18 home games (I’m pretty sure teams are only allowed to lose out on 1 home fixture) which might mean fucking around with a bunch of other fixtures.

Dundee make top 6 and it’s really anyone’s guess who our 3rd away trip is out of Killie, St Mirren & Dundee.

Hibs or Motherwell make the top 6 and I think they should have to go to Killie and St Mirren (again Dundee make the top 6 and who knows what they will come up with!!!)

We are not going away to killie again. The 3rd away game will be Dundee if they make it and if not it’ll be hibs or Motherwell away.

Personally don’t think they’ll make us go to Killie away again think it’ll be St Mirren. Also the Tim’s need to play someone at home for a third time and it’ll be a fucking disgrace if that’s killie, then having to go to rugby park again could be big. 

11 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Haha! U’ve got me there! Spfl then….

My point stands - We will get pumped in the split

We won’t. We will have 2 home 3 away. We will be at home to killie, st mirren and away to the other 3 

4 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

We will be away to whoever finishes 6th 

This. Pretty sure if you need to play someone away 3 times it’s the lowest ranked side after 33 games 

6 hours ago, SK RFC said:

This. Pretty sure if you need to play someone away 3 times it’s the lowest ranked side after 33 games 

That's not how it works. It has to take into account the fixtures of all 6 teams. The first thought is to have all teams playing 19 home and away over the season which isn't always possible.

2 hours ago, mus said:

As it's been going on for years now, how the fuck do some people still not get how the split works?

Because it smacks of “think of a number and double it” playground organisation.

”Right, make it ah’m sellik and you’re Rangers…”

:lol: