“I don’t know if the belief is there”

18 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Ironically it’s some of the same ones calling our players shitebags  lol

Those posters would shit themselves to say anything if they came face to face with the players they call shitebags as well.

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

My ST auto renews, but if Goldson is still at Rangers next season I’ll be seat subbing. 

How do you get rid of him other than pay him off? He's got two years left on £37.5k a week, that's the guts of £3.5m.

Two years ago his stock would've been at an all time high, he was out of contract, just off the back of a run to the Europa Final and he still couldn't find a club that would pay him at least what we did, which is an average basic salary in the EPL.

After two years of getting progressively worse, it's hard to imagine clubs suddenly willing to take him, and either match or better the terms what he's on with us.

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

My ST auto renews, but if Goldson is still at Rangers next season I’ll be seat subbing. 

Goldson and Tav will be here. Barasic will be away and I have hope that we'll see sense and not offer Lundstram a new contract now.

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Those posters would shit themselves to say anything if they came face to face with the players they call shitebags as well.

I can confidently say I would love the chance to tell some of them exactly what we think of them to their face. 

13 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

How do you get rid of him other than pay him off? He's got two years left on £37.5k a week, that's the guts of £3.5m.

Two years ago his stock would've been at an all time high, he was out of contract, just off the back of a run to the Europa Final and he still couldn't find a club that would pay him at least what we did, which is an average basic salary in the EPL.

After two years of getting progressively worse, it's hard to imagine clubs suddenly willing to take him, and either match or better the terms what he's on with us.

Nils Koppen will be getting paid a small fortune to figure that out. I don’t give a fuck how. If we start next season with Goldson at centre half we won’t win the title. 

The difference between Tav/Goldson comments and Sterling is those two clowns have had years and umpteen opportunities to change that mentality after they’ve spoken about, they’ve just chosen not too. 

Sterling has been here less than a year and has more drive and determination to win things than those two put together. That’s the galling thing. 

We know exactly who he’s talking about as well, we can pinpoint those that need rooted out the club. Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Jack, Roofe, Wright, Lundstram all been here at least 3 seasons, all involved in 10 or so fuck ups compared to 1 or 2 wins.

That mentality has clearly seeped into some of the others like Lawrence, Matondo, Dessers etc. Sterling is clearly pissed off about it and rightfully so. 

59 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve never in my life seen a team suffer whatever this weird lack of belief thing is the way ours does.

Even underdogs typically rise to the occasion when they sense an opportunity, wtf is this we’re dealing with 

Obviously we are out of form but the difference in performance from Ross County at home to away is clearly a mental thing. From absolutely dominating and only being denied a cricket score but our lack of quality upfront to being outplayed. 

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The difference between Tav/Goldson comments and Sterling is those two clowns have had years and umpteen opportunities to change that mentality after they’ve spoken about, they’ve just chosen not too. 

Sterling has been here less than a year and has more drive and determination to win things than those two put together. That’s the galling thing. 

We know exactly who he’s talking about as well, we can pinpoint those that need rooted out the club. Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Jack, Roofe, Wright, Lundstram all been here at least 3 seasons, all involved in 10 or so fuck ups compared to 1 or 2 wins.

That mentality has clearly seeped into some of the others like Lawrence, Matondo, Dessers etc. Sterling is clearly pissed off about it and rightfully so. 

Dunno if it's mentality with the last 3, Lawrence can't run anymore as someone said he has a double chin ffs. Matondo is matondo enigma of a player tbh and dessers is shite. 

On the other ones borna yes, goldson is now undoubtedly evidence suggests lunny is. I don't think Jack and roofe are, they are just physically pathetic.

The one i can't make up my mind on is tav. How can a man who takes those pressure penalties so well and stepped up with vital moments so often, who always wants the ball, keep going etc be mentally weak? But...his performances do drop of a cliff at times especially now and what the fuck he did 20 seconds in at ibrox has to be a mentality issue.

10 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Why would he not?

Tav and Goldson are on two year deals.

It’s not going to be easy to sell them and it may involve someone above Clement sanctioning a pay off to make up their wage difference or something like that.

People keep saying if he continues with these guys next season he will be sacked, it will be his own fault etc, but he may not have a choice.

I doubt he will get the budget to get everything he wants next season either.

He’s going to need to be unanimously backed in the summer in order to turn this squad around. I’m not convinced it will happen.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s not going to be easy to sell them and it may involve someone above Clement sanctioning a pay off to make up their wage difference or something like that.

People keep saying if we continues with these guys next season he will be sacked, it will be his own fault etc, but he may not have a choice.

He’s going to need to be unanimously backed in the summer in order to turn this squad around. I’m not convinced it will happen.

They need to be squad player in that case tho, not ideal on their wages but is what it is

We need to break up the leadership/senior group in the squad. They've had their chances.

Getting rid of all of them is unrealistic, but as a start we either keep Tav or Goldson, but not both. There are a few other senior players I'd move on to and start again building a group with leadership.

In any team, be it in sport, work, etc - there's a mix of personalities and abilities. When it comes to the senior group (but to necessarily the manager) some can lead by example, others can lead by being no nonsense, others inspire, etc.

However these are the guys you look to drag the folk that maybe aren't naturally positive, are a bit quieter, or aren't ruthless winners along with them - I've seen enough evidence over enough time to say that don't think our playing squad has that in the senior positions. 

I've played enough sport and worked in enough teams to know the difference a good leadership/senior group makes, and seen how toxic cliques, weakness, comfort zones, etc, etc can be.  When rot like that has set in, the only remedy is to remove it.

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

We need to break up the leadership/senior group in the squad. They've had their chances.

Getting rid of all of them is unrealistic, but as a start we either keep Tav or Goldson, but not both. There are a few other senior players I'd move on to and start again building a group with leadership.

In any team, be it in sport, work, etc - there's a mix of personalities and abilities. When it comes to the senior group (but to necessarily the manager) some can lead by example, others can lead by being no nonsense, others inspire, etc.

However these are the guys you look to drag the folk that maybe aren't naturally positive, are a bit quieter, or aren't ruthless winners along with them - I've seen enough evidence over enough time to say that don't think our playing squad has that in the senior positions. 

I've played enough sport and worked in enough teams to know the difference a good leadership/senior group makes, and seen how toxic cliques, weakness, comfort zones, etc, etc can be.  When rot like that has set in, the only remedy is to remove it.

No. That's dumb. Biggest losers in the squad. Infecting everyone with their weak mentality.

27 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

People keep saying if he continues with these guys next season he will be sacked, it will be his own fault etc, but he may not have a choice.

Me neither, I really don't see where the money is going to come from to be honest. The squad is hardly bursting at the seams with sellable assets and we have already agreed to take Diomande for 4.5m.

Same shite every year and we can only hope the Koppen appointment turns us around. The amount of money wasted during previous transfer windows is shambolic to be honest.

The thing that has confused the fuck out of me this past week is the Ross County and Dundee didnt sit back. There was no low block. They took the game to us and we absolutely shat it.

I'd happily see the whole lot binned bar Sterling (and Butland but he'll be offski). You don't necessarily have to be the best to be a success at anything, but you have to have the right mindset. 

13 minutes ago, beararse said:

The thing that has confused the fuck out of me this past week is the Ross County and Dundee didnt sit back. There was no low block. They took the game to us and we absolutely shat it.

I'd happily see the whole lot binned bar Sterling (and Butland but he'll be offski). You don't necessarily have to be the best to be a success at anything, but you have to have the right mindset. 

That confused you? Shouldn't confuse you, here's Tav in 2019.

Bang to type in honesty.

James-Tavernier-on-Rangers-mentality.thumb.jpg.54fbf6668e0ed13cea25e8c3e2884a24.jpg

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

I don’t think you can compare Goldson’s semifinal comments to Dujon’s. 

Connor’s comments were delivered ‘defeatist’ to me, Dujon sounds pissed off. 

Plus Goldson is a seasoned professional, had been at Rangers for 3 years at the point and was vice captain, when he said what he said.

Sterling is just in the door and still not a guaranteed starter (although he absolutely should be) yet he's clearly identified where the issues lie.