“I don’t know if the belief is there”

25 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

So goldson said they had lost their Hunger at 2-0 down and got crucified, where sterling said they have no belief, at 0-0 with Dundee

Just checking 

I couldn't find the actual interview, just some blogger quoting him. But yes, at 3-1 down he said the squad had apparently shat it and gave up. Not sure what Sterling says, or is intimating, is exactly the same as Goldson tbh.

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Agreed, I’m just sick of the sight of them.

Scenes when we start next season with Tav Goldson Lundstram in the team :ang::ang: think a few would be genuinely close to chucking it if that happens, throw Borna into the mix and im seat subbing :lol:

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Scenes when we start next season with Tav Goldson Lundstram in the team :ang::ang: think a few would be genuinely close to chucking it if that happens, throw Borna into the mix and im seat subbing :lol:

Could stomach it if it was just Tavernier, but if the likes of Goldson and Lundstram are still here as well then I can see a lot of the support voting with their feet.

I’m pretty confident that Clement knows they’ll get him the sack if he keeps them.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I'm being serious when I say I'm not sure I could take another season of them. I only get to around 7 games or so a season, but I never miss watching a game on the TV outwith that. I'm not sure I have it in me to watch those guys pull on the jersey again.

Just now, Bronzy said:

Could stomach it if it was just Tavernier, but if Goldson and Lundstram are still here as well then I can see a lot of the support voting with their feet.

You can kind of make a case for Tav given what he gives going forward he cannot be our captain though, but Goldson and Lundstram are absolutely done we can’t be forking out 70k a week on that pair. 

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm being serious when I say I'm not sure I could take another season of them. I only get to around 7 games or so a season, but I never miss watching a game on the TV outwith that. I'm not sure I have it in me to watch those guys pull on the jersey again.

Same mate, there’s a few in that squad I can’t wait to see the back of and I’d theyre still here next season then I’m on a downer from day 1 tbh. 

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Full time last night him, Butland and Souttar looked absolutely gutted. The rest looked like another game for them.

‘Good point away from home’ for some of these chancers.

20 minutes ago, Badger said:

I just find it baffling that we are on for a treble, and were favourites to win the league, and....the belief just dies with the finish line in site.

I cannot understand how enough people in the team - who have the discipline and drive to make it in professional sport - can collectively lose the drive. I cannot comprehend that.

What we've witnessed isn't even what I'd call "bottling it". It's something far deeper and more rotten. Seen two articles earlier that gave me an insight into this.  

Seen two articles earlier that gave me an insight into this.

Naismiths presser, referring to us he says “From my experiences, it’s a tough club and a tough environment. For any player when you win trophies, it feels great but doing it is the hard part.”

Boyd also states "When people speak about winners and needing to find them, you can't go finding them, you're born a winner. There's something inside people that drives you on," he added.

"When you're looking at it from Sunday's defeat and the draw in Dundee you would say there are no winners in that squad “  

imo there more than a couple in that dressing room who behind the scenes are saying & displaying way less than we expect. 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I love that guy. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it's a lot more refreshing than the same Tavernier clichés.

He’s not the most skilful player, but ‘work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work’.

He’s the only one I’d keep.

(I’m selling Butland to generate some cash, not that I don’t like him).

18 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Same mate, there’s a few in that squad I can’t wait to see the back of and I’d theyre still here next season then I’m on a downer from day 1 tbh. 

Finished so many seasons feeling that way.

It is just NOT the way it should be.

41 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Goldson has always tried to deflect blame.

Any mistake he's ever made on the pitch has resulted in him turning and screaming at someone else and attempting to blame him.

I’ve had a downer on Goldson from day 1.

6 years is a long fucking time…

2 hours ago, Badger said:

I just find it baffling that we are on for a treble, and were favourites to win the league, and....the belief just dies with the finish line in site.

I cannot understand how enough people in the team - who have the discipline and drive to make it in professional sport - can collectively lose that drive. I cannot comprehend that.

What we've witnessed isn't even what I'd call "bottling it". It's something deeper and more rotten.

This. Motherwell should have been the warning. Getting back in to the tarrier game should have given them the confidence and motivation. In the end they've chucked it. 

There is something absurdly strange about the attitude of these players. To reference what Sterling is saying as opposed to what Goldson said when losing against Hibs (after which btw he should never have played again), he as VC basically spoke for the squad and admitted they were shitebag bottlers. Sterlings body language and words seem different he looks angry and confused as to why his team have shat it. 

To go back though to the absurdly strange attitude - the core of this team won a league title that should have boosted their confidence through the roof and given them real belief for the future. If that's not enough, how can any of the players that played in that Leipzig semi final, experienced that incredible atmosphere and celebrations at the end and not be lifted and inspired to greater things? 

They have a manager who has not thrown them under the bus, who has re-shaped them and seems to be the kind of guy who constantly offers guidance and support. I simply cannot understand how anyone cannot thrive under these circumstances. It baffles me. 

6 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Could stomach it if it was just Tavernier, but if the likes of Goldson and Lundstram are still here as well then I can see a lot of the support voting with their feet.

I’m pretty confident that Clement knows they’ll get him the sack if he keeps them.

My ST auto renews, but if Goldson is still at Rangers next season I’ll be seat subbing.