Matondo

8 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

I've followed Rangers since 1960 and this is the worst Rangers team I've ever seen.

The defence is weak, the midfield is ineffective, and the front men, when they do get service, rarely make good use of it.

And why oh why does Tavernier have to take every throw in, every corner, and every free kick?

Our line up and play going through the divisions was considerably worse 

I've followed Rangers since 1960 and this is the worst Rangers team I've ever seen.

The defence is weak, the midfield is ineffective, and the front men, when they do get service, rarely make good use of it.

And why oh why does Tavernier have to take every throw in, every corner, and every free kick?

The worst you've ever seen? Really?  This sides 1 game away from a double and 3 points behind with 5 to play in the league.  The worst Rangers side I ever seen wouldn't be in the hunt for a domestic treble and qualified for knock out stages of europe. The worst Rangers side I ever seen probably had Sandaza in it.

3 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

The worst you've ever seen? Really?  This sides 1 game away from a double and 3 points behind with 5 to play in the league.  The worst Rangers side I ever seen wouldn't be in the hunt for a domestic treble and qualified for knock out stages of europe. The worst Rangers side I ever seen probably had Sandaza in it.

I do think that’s slightly skewed in that this is the worst celtic team since we’ve came back up too. 

31 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

They have signed a lot of shite over the years too, but they can afford it more than we can. Both financially and in terms of success. 

You can do it all over the park. We paid £3.5m for Lammers, they paid £1.5m for O'Riley. Vickers is probably the player with the biggest transfer fee in their team right now, but the vast majority of their starting 11 walk into our starting 11.

GK - Butland
RB - Tavernier
CB - Vickers
CB - Souttar/Goldson
LB - Yilmaz
CM - McGregor
CM - Hatate
CM - O'Riley
LW - Sima
RW - Maeda
ST - Furuhashi(who has scored less than Dessers)

Hardly the vast majority, the biggest problem is that man for man they're better in the centre of the park. Hopefully Diomande can do something about that.

You spend a good few years in a coma?

Some players are able to make the most of what they have and have a football mentality to go with it. In Matondo's case it is using his pace and making decisions. It is what it is and Gaffer has to work and try to improve and polish him.  Might get a turn out of him in some of the games left.

34 minutes ago, RealWorldRich said:

The worst would've been the year we won 55 and they were having pints in Dubai 😂

Aye true. Second worst then.

A lot of covid lockdown is a blackout for me :lol: 

6 hours ago, RealWorldRich said:

That cunt Sandaza makes Dessers look like the real deal 

7 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

They paid around 500k more for Abada than we paid for Matondo. They paid the same for Kyogo that we paid for Dessers. 

Our recruitment has been absolutely criminal. Koppen has to get it right because its been mismanaged for years. We don't have a lot of money and we've been pissing any we do have up a wall. 

Fuck I forgot about Davies. Is he injured or just not in contention because he's rubbish?

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

With the transfer fee and his wages he's been a huge waste of money.  

I think they're both shite and have been a waste. Only making the point Matondo has at least produced on occasion, Lawrence has been injured and is now not the same player he was. Lawrence will be on a fair whack too being a free transfer. He signed with Derby when they were flashing the cash a bit too.

• 2 weeks later...