*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I would take my chances with Cantwell and/or Lawrence ahead of Raskin all day. You can't expect him to play in a game played at 100mph when he has barely played in months.

We need goals. Lawrence creates plenty of chances for himself. Raskin's attempt at a long-range effort last week was embarrassing.

And Sterling has to play in midfield.

Lawrence will never cope with a game played at the pace it will be tomorrow 

6 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Situation is gutting. Complete collapse and going into the last chance and still we have fuck knows how many injuries. Lawrence can’t be anywhere near the pitch - just not fit or fast enough. 
I can see Raskin starting and Lundstrum giving the back four more protection - Ben Davies at celtic Park ? 
Could be one long afternoon 

I wouldn’t rule Raskin out. Although we need to win, we need to earn the right to win and that means stopping their midfield. I’m in the minority in having faith in Raskin and he’s certainly a better option than Lawrence.

Based on that press conference, I think he’ll start with:

Butland

Tav Souttar Davies Ridvan

Sterling Lundstram Diomande Cantwell

Dessers Silva

Just be ready at the start, not twenty minutes in.

:UK:

Hate to be so negative but honestly dreading tomorrow. Souttar & Davies at centre back. Along with no decent options out wide or up top. Fearing the worst injuries have been shocking to say the least.

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Lawrence will never cope with a game played at the pace it will be tomorrow 

I hate to remind you, but we need goals. Lundstram and Raskin in the same team? You are not the most positive of posters.

Time to get behind the team. 

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I hate to remind you, but we need goals. Lundstram and Raskin in the same team? You are not the most positive of posters.

The priority tomorrow has to be to get a foothold in the game early on. I wouldn't play Raskin but flooding the midfield is the best way to go.

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Think that's Barry Ferguson's preferred team selection too 

That's too open for me.  We could drop Dessers and put Silva through the middle 4-5-1, bog down the midfield with numbers. 

I'm really trying my hardest to get fired up for this and get a bit of positivity and hope about me for tomorrow, because a win would change everything, but I honestly just have zero expectation. Its just the fear. I cant see us keeping a clean sheet because our defence is howling and we have a CB pairing who have barely played together and there is absolutely nothing across the front line that suggests we can outscore them. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

I'm really trying my hardest to get fired up for this and get a bit of positivity and hope about me for tomorrow, because a win would change everything, but I honestly just have zero expectation. It’s just the fear. I cant see us keeping a clean sheet because our defence is howling and we have a CB pairing who have barely played together and there is absolutely nothing across the front line that suggests we can outscore them. 

We’ve got a chance to go into their place and absolutely shatter them. Throw all the other shite out the window. At them early, rattle them at the back. 
Crazier things have happened mate, get up for it, something special is brewing :beer:

3 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

We’ve got a chance to go into their place and absolutely shatter them. Throw all the other shite out the window. At them early, rattle them at the back. 
Crazier things have happened mate, get up for it, something special is brewing :beer:

That's just talk. We don't have the players for that. We just don't.

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I’m not saying it’ll be Lundstrum and Raskin - the reality is there is very little to choose from and to be in this situation from where we were is criminal 

33 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

The priority tomorrow has to be to get a foothold in the game early on. I wouldn't play Raskin but flooding the midfield is the best way to go.

The only reason I would have Raskin in there is that he’s decent at travelling with the ball, which we are going to need tomorrow. Ideally it would be Cantwell instead but I don’t trust him not to get a daft booking and become a non entity.

Lawrence doesn’t have the legs for this game either from the start.He couldn’t cope at Ibrox and that was with us having home advantage and them not having a fully fit McGregor in midfield. If he starts tomorrow he will be a passenger and him being decent at taking pot shots from 30 years isn’t going to be enough.

Compact in defence with a narrow midfield looking to quickly transition the ball on the break to Silva and Dessers as split strikers is the best way for us to hurt them tomorrow IMO.