graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

4 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Folk still saying stuff like scum can outspend us by tens of millions, which is true.... 

But theres the sheep sitting unbeaten 5 points ahead of us. Barely spent 2 million this summer. 

Its more than financial. Its tactics and attitude. 

Our manager and those who appointed him are  failures that's why.

Its not so much the defeat to Lyon, as to the manner of the defeat. Its the same errors every game. The same missed chances, the same striker fumbling about for 20 touches before falling over looking for a free kick and occassionally the ball hitting off him and finding the net, the same defensive errors time and time again, mostly but not all, caused by the glaring weakness at right back. Even against Malmo, where we were all raving and could laugh at the insane amount of clear chances missed because they created bugger all. Its the inability of the manager to not only adapt, but it seems he cant even see whats wrong. Fuck this story pish he comes out with, he simply cannot see whats wrong because if he could he would change it.

If we were flying along in the league and then hit a team like Lyon and lost because they were better, then fair enough we could just brush it off. But its every game, the same bloody 'story' and hes not going to change. Its nothing to do with players not being good enough, plenty of managers have won or at least challenged for things with players who individually werent good enough, but were able to coach their sides based on the qualities that those players did have. I dont expect us to always beat teams like Lyon or Spurs etc and sometimes we might even have to endure a battering. I do expect us to batter the shite in Scotland and I do expect that when the front players continually miss chances that those things are addressed and not just shrugged off - we created the same chances as Lyon, yes Philippe but they scored theirs and we didn't and we inevitably follow the same pattern virtually every game.

Players miss open goals all the time, players make poor decisions and passed that cost goals, it happens. But for us it seems to be the norm rather than the exception and the manager just shrugs it off with stats or that we managed to score six against the worst team in the league.

I've no idea who the best 'next manager' will be, I do know we need to get this merry go round sorted out sooner rather than later and that right now Clement is not the man for the job. He also doesnt look like he will ever be the man for the job.

29 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Folk still saying stuff like scum can outspend us by tens of millions, which is true.... 

But theres the sheep sitting unbeaten 5 points ahead of us. Barely spent 2 million this summer. 

Its more than financial. Its tactics and attitude. 

It’s also only the start of October, so that’s no exactly a great example to use tbh.

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Aberdeen will drop off. Same as always. 

I think you can look at them as an example of how a manager can quickly implement a style of play which gives the support some indication of what they are trying to do, but holding them up as an example of a team who can keep up with celtic after a handful of league games is a bit of a stretch.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s also only the start of October, so that’s no exactly a great example to use tbh.

And one of the easiest starts to a season fixture wise for a team like the sheep

Always amazed that people judge teams etc when we havent even had one round of fixtures nevermind half a season 

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I agree, the overreaction to losing to a quality team like Lyon has been toxic. The financial gulf is massive, But with that said, Clement must recognize it and adapt accordingly. He didn't. We were exposed all over the park. I'm not sure if he is unwilling or unable to change formations, but he got it terribly wrong.

He is not a good manager if he can't adapt to certain teams.

How do you adapt to a team that spent 140 mill in the summer and is arguably better than you in every position

Its not like we were just training cones for 90mins, had tav scored that one after two mins or cerny scores his sitter the game could easily have swung in our favour

Think a EL realisation needs to be had in the support, we have a group of fixtures that are comparable with a CL draw

I don't mind having doubts about the odd player in a starting 11, but I've tried to give the benefit of the doubt to the manager so far. The numbers don't lie and two away wins since early March makes very difficult reading for a Rangers fan to look at.

So far this season there have been a lot of very poor games. Looks like there have been some poor signings too - Cerny is nowhere near the ability level that we need.

We need to give St Johnstone a high number gubbing tonight to get a feel good factor.

54 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Howcome you're defending this defeat and using the "better in every position argument" but back in 2021 when Lyon beat us under Gerrard you're exact words were..

'Wether they are better in all positions or not is irrelevant'

Ooft 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Howcome you're defending this defeat and using the "better in every position argument" but back in 2021 when Lyon beat us under Gerrard you're exact words were..

'Wether they are better in all positions or not is irrelevant'

You would log out and never come back after this :lol: