graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's picking up Rangers B players, Aberdeen cast offs, and getting them to beat us on a miniscule budget comparatively.

I don't want him and think he'd be a gamble in some senses, we certainly need better for where we should be striving to get to. But his players have bought into him, play for him, know what they're doing despite their limitations. Stuff we're not getting from our manager hence why we're not even the 2nd best in Scotland and genuine competitors to that mob.

I'm the same as you. I don't want McInnes at all, but I guess it depends what we want from our team. 

He would have us organised, difficult to break down and there would be a fight in the team, but for me we would need to massively reset our expectations in terms of Europe. 

As you are saying, he's made these guys play within the confines of their ability, but i guess the old hard work outdoes talent when talent doesnt work hard quote applies here. 

19 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

That's complete and utter pish, you're choosing to remember Gerrard being far better than he ever was, he was hopeless here, Covid saved him, I was at Ibrox the night we lost to Hamilton and if we never had Leverkusan in the Europa, he would've been out the door after that result, even with those games, there's no way he would've survived the tims winning back to back trebles, so he'd have been gone in that summer at the latest, then he shit the bed in a season where we'll never get an easier opportunity to win a treble, I could forgive him for the St Mirren defeat, but the league was done and dusted by the time St Johnstone rattled us out the Scottish at Ibrox, then he shat the bed again against 10 man Malmo in the Champions League at Ibrox, that's your sliding doors moment, that's when all our current problems began, that night.

Then when the tims had their worst start to a League season in about 3 thousand years, but his team was dropping points left right and center, everyone knew they would improve as the season went on, but that was our chance to fully establish ourselves as Scotland's best team and make sure by the time they improved, we'd be well clear, and take that automatic Champions League spot, coz they would never get through UCL qualifiers, but Gerrard completely fucked it.

Thankfully he won the League off them, hold him in high regard for that, but be honest with yourself, in fact tell yourself whatever you want, but when you put it down in words, don't be surprised when cunts dig you up for it.

I think your first paragraph is the longest sentence I’ve ever seen!😂

But I agree with every word!

If we do get rid of him, we need someone in who has experience of playing high tempo, attacking football.

I don't really care where they come from or if they have a huge trophy cabinet, enough of this Gio, Beale, Clement boring side to side, slow shite. First and foremost we need to beat the 10 rubbish teams in our league and you're not going to do that the way these guys play.

I want to enjoy watching my football team and it's been a long time since I have.

Just now, ZZed said:

I am not happy about changing our manager mid-season as it makes us look bad; but we all know we are just marking time until he goes. My concerns now are how much money will it cost us, who replaces him and the effect on next seasons budgets.

I’m struggling to cope with the notion that we could look any worse!!😳

Just now, ZZed said:

The next manager will be our 5th in 5 years, if PC goes in the next month.

The one thing we need to learn from that mob is giving new managers 12 month rolling contracts.

We can't keep bringing in managers on 3-4 year contracts and then paying them a fortune to get rid. 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Had less points, and even less goals under Beale last season as well. Booed off after a win. 

Clement has to go, but the revisionism on us under Beale is hilarious, we were even worse.

Aye, it's an odd point of view. Clement may be poor, but he's nowhere near as bad as Beale.

Beale inherited a far better squad too.

5 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The one thing we need to learn from that mob is giving new managers 12 month rolling contracts.

We can't keep bringing in managers on 3-4 year contracts and then paying them a fortune to get rid. 

Hard to tempt managers with zero security. What we do need are tangible targets built into clauses in the contract. Rewarded for doing well and able to be punted for less if they don’t.

We are going backwards. There were 6 Clement signings in that lineup today and we have spent more than anyone except celtic. The manager is running out of places to hide. 

The board are a disgrace (and I wouldn't trust them to pick a new manager) but at the end of the day they don't pick the players on the park or make changes during the match. 

I don't think there will be rash decisions. He will be here until January I reckon but if this continues he cannot be given more money to spend. We should be playing far better than this. It is as bad as i've ever seen us. 

His answer to Joshua Barrie's question about how can the fans believe in you turning this around...is honestly fucking disgraceful

He throws Kasanwijro under the bus for the goal, says him not stepping up is the issue..

Not the fact our CB is as weak as piss or our GK is in no mans land, its the guy 2 phases back thats the problem

He's got his favourites clearly and it'll kill him, he deserves whats coming over the next few weeks, worse than Beale for me now with how much I hate the guy.