Is Clement getting an easy ride?

Just now, Finny said:

The way he's handled players isn't looking too clever either at the moment. Cantwell, lammers in the b team. With everything else at his disposal maybe keep them around until there shifted.

Conner hanging about with the squad, tav back in and no Butland, Sterling,Cortes,Lawrence etc. We are meant to be building momentum right now. It's all very bizarre.  

Yeah don't know how he thinks this and the stuff he's being saying is meant to built a spirit

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Yeah don't know how he thinks this and the stuff he's being saying is meant to built a spirit

That's a big concern. You can be a hard task master but the players NEED to want to play for you. 

1 minute ago, Finny said:

The way he's handled players isn't looking too clever either at the moment. Cantwell, lammers in the b team. With everything else at his disposal maybe keep them around until there shifted.

Conner hanging about with the squad, tav back in and no Butland, Sterling,Cortes,Lawrence etc. We are meant to be building momentum right now. It's all very bizarre.  

Sad to say but he either looks to be working his ticket or he is genuinely clueless. 

My take is in a lot of ways this is not his fault.

Inherited shite players

Very little backing from the board

Lost lots of players for free who should have been sold years ago for decent fees.

Probably got that new manager reaction from the dross that's here and maybe that meant he thought he had more talent in the squad than he actually has.

But saying all that.

I've actually no clue what he's trying to do...

The drop off in levels has been shocking

This is exactly how it ended with gio and beale. Probably doesn't make sense to sack another manager because I think the problems go deeper.

I also think even though Gerrard was far from perfect... it was clear that their was progression throughout his time in charge. It felt like the club was going places... it felt like we were going to beat celtic every time we played them. We are miles off it now and everyone at the club needs a big wake up call.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Sad to say but he either looks to be working his ticket or he is genuinely clueless. 

He's not clueless based on his track record. But then you see he persists with certain players and still has tav as captain and it does make you wonder. He says he likes to get the best out of players and make them better etc so are Cantwell and Lammers just beyond redemption and is that his fault or theirs. 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

True.

It's a turn up and see what happens gig.

Nightmare job he has but 

Aye mate, it's a fucking breeze of a job.

Mediocre players on huge contracts that wont shift. Barely any money to bring in the required quality. Players who can barely see out 6 weeks without getting injured. Dessers up top. 

Some laugh it is. Add that to having a botched stadium upgrade that's eating into our season/funds and a vacant CEO position.

Lets just pay him off now and bring in some other jobber for 6-12 months and rinse/repeat the process until the end of time.

Jesus fucking wept.

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Aye mate, it's a fucking breeze of a job.

Mediocre players on huge contracts that wont shift. Barely any money to bring in the required quality. Players who can barely see out 6 weeks without getting injured. Dessers up top. 

Some laugh it is. Add that to having a botched stadium upgrade that's eating into our season/funds and a vacant CEO position.

Lets just pay him off now and bring in some other jobber for 6-12 months and rinse/repeat the process until the end of time.

Jesus fucking wept.

Picking a starting 11 which shit the bed then watching it for 45 minutes knowing after 10 it was a shit show.

We can't even make a string of passes together without someone giving it to the other team, press a team and can't defend worth a fuck.

Other teams can with lesser squads, lesser players and lesser budgets.

It's never Phils fault but

Sound 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Picking a starting 11 which shit the bed then watching it for 45 minutes knowing after 10 it was a shit show.

We can't even make a strong of passes together without someone giving it to the other team and can't defend worth a fuck.

Other teams can with lesser squads, lesser players and lesser budgets.

It's never Phils fault but

Sound 

Maybe we can get Pep. Shouldn't be long before he's out the door after losing that friendly to them.

Just now, DeanMK said:

Maybe we can get Pep. Shouldn't be long before he's out the door after losing that friendly to them.

Or just a manager that can implement an actual way of playing football without wanting to rip your own eyes out.

No one will want the job since it's such a nightmare of a position but....

Or just a manager that can implement an actual way of playing football without wanting to rip your own eyes out.

I don't know why you're getting so rattled by me calling it a nightmare job? :lol:

It absolutely is a nightmare at the minute. 

I thought last season might be a case of he never had the players to play how he wanted. Thought maybe with a few signings and a full pre-season we'd see a change. Very worrying so far, must've been at least 5 or 6 long balls from Kelly when we were in possession within the first twenty minutes. Absolutely no effort to try and build up and play through the thirds. Being a midfielder in this side just looks like it'll be a highly paid distance runner. To think in the past there's been a criticism that we've not went direct enough, if this is the idea of going direct get it in the fucking bin. 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I'm not defending him anymore because it's clearly not working, but when he does go anyone expecting a new manager to come in and get us playing good football will be in for a shock(not saying you are)

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'm not defending him anymore because it's clearly not working, but when he does go anyone expecting a new manager to come in and get us playing good football will be in for a shock(not saying you are)

I don't think he will go as if anything we don't have the money to get rid and I don't see him walking.

Under this board I have zero trust they will get in who we really need. It would be a McInnes type that would just see us just stagger from one disaster to another in the league.

I have no expectations anymore for the season. The club has drained me of any enthusiasm I once had for it. 

Wankers 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I don't think he will go as if anything we don't have the money to get rid and I don't see him walking.

Under this board I have zero trust they will get in who we really need. It would be a McInnes type that would just see us just stagger from one disaster to another in the league.

I have no expectations anymore for the season. The club has drained me of any enthusiasm I once had for it. 

Wankers 

Genuinely depressing times. 

Wankers 

When he does go I expect McInnes and I'll be honest that's who i want as well.

An indication of where we are as a club but I think he'll be the most likely to get results domestically.