Bennett Interview

Shipment 3 doesn't arrive in Glasgow until the 3rd week in August (at the earliest) and he thinks it's possible we will be home in late September. I'm sorry, but Rome wasn't built in a day and the Copland extension won't be built in a month either.

These business-types really think we are all buttoned up at the back.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Shipment 3 doesn't arrive in Glasgow until the 3rd week in August (at the earliest) and he thinks it's possible we will be home in late September. I'm sorry, but Rome wasn't built in a day and the Copland extension won't be built in a month either.

These business-types really think we are all buttoned up at the back.

I don't know why he mentioned the hibs game when then acted like it probably will be later

Tbh the Chairman’s views on the current cost cutting/ establishment of the trading model is os one I’m all in on. 
The lack of planning, risk management and project delivery skills is an actual embarrassment regarding the statement. I have intimate knowledge of port logistics globally as well as the Singapore port challenges. It’s very clear we had absolute amateurs running this scope. Shame on us.

The comments re the TO working weekends to recover shows a complete lack of real world living by the Chairman.What business wouldn’t in a crisis? They’ll be well rewarded for it.

On the player trading model comments though, I’m sure he’s previously said “I won’t judge a Rangers player straight away”, now 2 years on, we’re still lumbered with said shite that no one wants so perhaps we were right to criticise that perceived Rangers quality straight away.  Chucking millions on shite like Lammers, Dessers, Matondo, Davies and the outlay on players like Danilo when he was fully part of the board. It’s shite to say, but this £10m deficit, they deserve all they get the way they’ve ran it. It’s us that suffer for it though. 

This board have played a blinder and mugged us all off to sell season tickets.

Start of the window we are getting linked to genuine quality like Rrahmani and Joan Jordan but went in too cheap with no chance of landing either.

I'd genuinely be surprised if we got anybody else in unless it is a loan or we agree to pay a transfer fee later down the line.

Ripping the piss out of us.

We continue to plough hard earned cash through various schemes like MyGers, throw ridiculous money at European packages, fill the ground every week regardless of the shite on the pitch.

A youth set-up that seemingly offers us nothing. A trading model that has failed for years.

The fiasco with Ibrox is just the fitting cherry on top.

He's talking to us like we've forgot he's an integral part of this fuck up.

Prick.

We really need to do something as a fanbase to get this board out of here.

Am I missing something re playing at Hampden and being beholden to 3 deliveries?
The Copland Stand houses around 8000 which is 16% of the o/all capacity of Ibrox.
Shut the whole fucking stand and it still leaves 43,000 seats to fill.
We have 41,000 season ticket holders.
Makes no fucking sense to me that we can’t still play at home for 2 or 3 months (or however long it will actually take).

Perhaps someone can explain why this wouldn’t be possible with a little bit of strategic planning.

The lost revenue of 8,000 tickets at £30 a pop every other week over say 10 league games would set us back in the region of £2.5m.

Im pretty certain it’ll cost at least that to hire Hampden and all its facilities and all the reorganisation required over the period, and even if  it doesn’t balance out, you cant put a price on playing the home games at home.

1 minute ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

This board have played a blinder and mugged us all off to sell season tickets.

Start of the window we are getting linked to genuine quality like Rrahmani and Joan Jordan but went in too cheap with no chance of landing either.

I'd genuinely be surprised if we got anybody else in unless it is a loan or we agree to pay a transfer fee later down the line.

It’s the fact he’s telling us to “curb our expectations” after they’ve taken all our season ticket money. Sums him and his mates actions up tbh about how they treat us.

46 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Wit seriously you think if he came out and said the seasons a rubber duck it would buy him some space 

🤣🤣

Don't think there's many buying the shit he's shovelling. Personally I'd rather see him tell the truth and acknowledge the fuck ups under his tenure and admit it's going to take time to fix the mistakes and temper expectations. If we don't have a good start to the season it's going to be way more toxic than it was last year and the cycle will continue with a new manager and panic signings in January. I'd bite your hand off right now for a transition season if it meant going into the next one in a strong place that puts a bang average tarrier team in it's place. We're looking at further years of tarrier dominance and it makes me sick.

26 minutes ago, beararse said:

Am I missing something re playing at Hampden and being beholden to 3 deliveries?
The Copland Stand houses around 8000 which is 16% of the o/all capacity of Ibrox.
Shut the whole fucking stand and it still leaves 43,000 seats to fill.
We have 41,000 season ticket holders.
Makes no fucking sense to me that we can’t still play at home for 2 or 3 months (or however long it will actually take).

Perhaps someone can explain why this wouldn’t be possible with a little bit of strategic planning.

The lost revenue of 8,000 tickets at £30 a pop every other week over say 10 league games would set us back in the region of £2.5m.

Im pretty certain it’ll cost at least that to hire Hampden and all its facilities and all the reorganisation required over the period, and even if  it doesn’t balance out, you cant put a price on playing the home games at home.

The big crane on the pitch causes some issues

No 22 minute video was going to appease any supporter.

This board have fucked things right up ever since 55 was pretty much in the bag and maybe even before with the hiring of Ross Wilson.

Since then it has been disaster after fucking disaster on the pitch and off it.

11 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Don't think there's many buying the shit he's shovelling. Personally I'd rather see him tell the truth and acknowledge the fuck ups under his tenure and admit it's going to take time to fix the mistakes and temper expectations. If we don't have a good start to the season it's going to be way more toxic than it was last year and the cycle will continue with a new manager and panic signings in January. I'd bite your hand off right now for a transition season if it meant going into the next one in a strong place that puts a bang average tarrier team in it's place. We're looking at further years of tarrier dominance and it makes me sick.

So we accept another shambles of a season in the hope that a board who have had years to get it right but continues to turn everything it touches to shite finally start moving us forward because that wee scrotum Bennett says “sorry peeps we fucked it but gees more time” 🤣

What makes you think they’re even capable of fixing the endless list of fuck ups and embarrassment they cause us?

nah mate they’re a busted flush. 

40 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

The big crane on the pitch causes some issues

Pretty sure they could drive the crane to a less intrusive place for match days but clearly the pitch wouldn’t be playable.

So…. Ibrox’s pitch length is 105m. Tynecatle is 100m. Reduce the pitch by 5m in length for a period of time and move the crane and support base half a meter towards the Copland and that would allow the entire crane operation and it’s base to sit clear of the (reduced) actual playing field. Once a fortnight move the crane and support base.

Not too hard a strategic effort.

The drawback is the half way line would be 2.5m off lining up with the tunnel and dug outs. 🤣

Quite a lot of drivel in there. 

He does seem to care about the fanbase but also seems very out of touch. It’s difficult to gain any credibility on budget controls when he was part of the previous boards who funded spending. 

Also, he came out at the time of signing the likes of Matondo, Davies and Yilmaz saying we couldn’t judge them immediately and they were long term signings. So then making out we’ve only had a short term transfer policy, doesn’t add up. 

We need a CEO badly, I think Bennett will have his use as a chairman, but he’s not the leader we need. That interview was too long winded and wouldn’t be delivered by a CEO from any kind of corporate business. 

38 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

So we accept another shambles of a season in the hope that a board who have had years to get it right but continues to turn everything it touches to shite finally start moving us forward because that wee scrotum Bennett says “sorry peeps we fucked it but gees more time” 🤣

What makes you think they’re even capable of fixing the endless list of fuck ups and embarrassment they cause us?

nah mate they’re a busted flush. 

I don't think they're capable, as shown by his interview, willing to blame everything but themselves. That's why I said I'd have more respect for him if he came out and was honest and shown more respect to the fans who put their heart, soul and money into this club. It would show that they at least take responsibility for their failings and have good intentions of sorting things out. The guy is a fucking joke, "It's all about winning at Rangers", give me a fucking break, he's made a cunt of it and we are facing another decade of tarrier dominance. Everyone can see through the bullshit and it just makes it worse if the wheels do come off again putting more pressure on Clement. Feels like I'm left hoping Koppen can somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat but realistically he's going to need multiple transfer windows. By then there is a good chance we have another manager at the helm with more short sighted transfer dealings to appease a toxic atmosphere.