Tavernier stay or go

BlueEdu

Tavernier - stay or go  

304 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us want tavernier to stay?

• Stay
    • Go now

8 hours ago, Blue Atheist said:

Once again the board never backed the manager in the transfer window and that’s why the league was lost before it even started.

This keeps on popping up:

"the board never backed the manager..."

How does anyone know this, as to be honest, it's nonsense. We brought in:

image.thumb.png.95301184afafd9a4deb8f6bb636f6311.png

For what is allegedly €16.9m. Whilst getting rid of a lot of players, for not very much valve in terms of transfer fees €3m, but in recurring weekly wages:

image.thumb.png.eb1e3c423af7ec65859428d6e81effb1.png

So, just by numbers, the board has backed Clement heavily in transfer fees.

It's been clear we had to shift the high wage earners, and bring in others, but if this is to be believed we have spent heavily, but again, missing out on the CL will immediately put us under pressure, as no matter how good a run in the Europa League is, we will not earn nearly as much as required to build sustainably spending with this sort of transfer fee deficit, and potentially next season will be worse.

22 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

For what is allegedly €16.9m. Whilst getting rid of a lot of players, for not very much valve in terms of transfer fees €3m, but in recurring weekly wages:

It's been clear we had to shift the high wage earners, and bring in others, but if this is to be believed we have spent heavily, but again, missing out on the CL will immediately put us under pressure, as no matter how good a run in the Europa League is, we will not earn nearly as much as required to build sustainably spending with this sort of transfer fee deficit, and potentially next season will be worse.

Board are backing Clement as much as they can.

Just so happens the "much as they can" part is dogshit thanks to their years of fuck ups that have cost the club multiple millions. 

Spending what we have on a huge rebuild while the green and grey pay roughly the same for one player says it all. 

They won't give another penny. This is it.

4 hours ago, lau03143 said:

I said similar before. We've actually spent a lot. This season was our highest net spend for something like 25 years.

The problem is our recruitment has been so poor in recent years that our squad had no sellable assets. 

The other is that I don't think we've spent the money that wisely and most of the signings have come in too late, which has cost us already.

Blameless for me, from the summer until now I mean. 

He was quite happy to go to Turkey during the summer, but the club u-turned and then haggled over 200k (?) Or something equally silly (according to H&H and FF) so the board ended up keeping him, and Clement decided to play him every minute when he was clearly past it. 

The abuse he took on Sunday was a fucking disgrace. Don't blame him one bit for wanting out and sticking 2 fingers up at us on the way out.

23 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He was quite happy to go to Turkey during the summer, but the club u-turned and then haggled over 200k (?) Or something equally silly (according to H&H and FF) so the board ended up keeping him, and Clement decided to play him every minute when he was clearly past it. 

The abuse he took on Sunday was a fucking disgrace. Don't blame him one bit for wanting out and sticking 2 fingers up at us on the way out.

Don’t agree here at all. His legs have clearly gone, that’s not his girly obviously, but you can see he knows it and it’s having an effect on him. He’s visibly stopping during games when he makes a mistake. As a player he should be telling the manager etc that he’s not capable of playing. The manager should also be able to see that and not pick him, but that’s a different discussion.  

6 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Don’t agree here at all. His legs have clearly gone, that’s not his girly obviously, but you can see he knows it and it’s having an effect on him. He’s visibly stopping during games when he makes a mistake. As a player he should be telling the manager etc that he’s not capable of playing. The manager should also be able to see that and not pick him, but that’s a different discussion.  

He'd get pelters if he said he didn't want to play. It's the managers call and solely down to him. 

If a player is below par they get dropped. Clements made an arse of it...again 

8 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Blameless for me, as in he shouldn't even be here anymore. We and he were all set to let him go, only to u-turn on that. He's blameless for that and I don't blame him for being shite anymore either, it's Clement that plays him every minute of every game. 

Part of me thinks Clement was keeping him out there to prove a point to the board btw. Hence, the late arrival of Kasanwirjo.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

The only thing that was a disgrace on Sunday was the lack of effort and heart from our “captain”

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

Never been a fan of his but getting the personal abuse he got after the game in broad daylight I would be fucking off,especially to a warmer climate away from this country. i wish him and his family luck far more to life than football and some banger shouting abuse at you .

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The only thing that was a disgrace on Sunday was the lack of effort and heart from our “captain”

Can you be more specific about what you mean by that? 

I've never rated him btw, outside of the first half of 55 and the 2nd half of the Seville season, but I've never actually had him down as someone that doesn't try. Even on Sunday I didn't think that. 

Think he's just shite, nothing to do with commitment.

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't mind those defending him. 

Just the culmination of generations of support that accept failure and have no clue of where the club should be.

That's no why I was taking Tav's side against a gobby ned tbh.