*****The Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*****

Screenshot_20241006_230304_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.a42d8f1778499571a42cdf348c1e1565.jpg

5 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Just in from the game, another underwhelming performance.  Good crowd given the circumstances. 

Just shy of 45000, for a shitey Sunday night with reduced public transport that's a cracking turnout. Folk were talking like it would be 20k or less in the build up. 

14 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Screenshot_20241006_230304_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.a42d8f1778499571a42cdf348c1e1565.jpg

Just shy of 45000, for a shitey Sunday night with reduced public transport that's a cracking turnout. Folk were talking like it would be 20k or less in the build up. 

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Absolutely no chance 45,000 were at that.

Yeah, they said on RTV that number was including season ticket holders, who were actually not there. Still was a good crowd for such a stupid time tho.

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Cerny was good, thought Tavernier was better, Souttar good too. 

Dessers absolutely dreadful, that pull on him was an absolute Stonewaller though 

You thought Tavernier was good in that match we just watched?

James Tavernier, our right back/right winger?

The same guy who fucked 30 crosses in the box and hit the 1st man with 29 of them (the one of Igamane i'll concede was a good ball)

He was fucking dreadful

18 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Pretty sure they include everybody who’s paid, irrespective of whether or not they actually go, mate.

I believe a separate number is available somewhere with actual attendees (for fire or H&S purposes or something).

Plenty of areas looked fairly sparsely populated, so pushing 45k actually there is a bit hard to believe.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

The same guy who fucked 30 crosses in the box and hit the 1st man with 29 of them (the one of Igamane i'll concede was a good ball)

He was fucking dreadful

Good? No

Better than his usual this season? Yes

Funnily missed his ball right on a plate for Dessers to miss a sitter though.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

He was fucking dreadful

His ‘numbers’ are barely moving…

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Good? No

Better than his usual this season? Yes

Funnily missed his ball right on a plate for Dessers to miss a sitter though.

He was rotten and I've been one of his biggest defenders

He's getting hung out to dry even more with the tactics, he's apparently Alexander Arnold now when we go forward, he's in CM or even further forward...which highlights his weaknesses even more

The corner you talking about? Was delighted to see a corner actually hit a man and aye Dessers being the donkey he is put it over the bar..

Underwhelming performance; painfully slow build up from Backpass FC, our players look incapable of finding teammates with passes when they play at such a slow tempo . The central defenders leave far too much space between them and Propper makes Souttar look like a superstar.  Great performance from Cerny which was needed since neither of our strikers looked like they knew how to score. When Tavenier moved upfront it looked as if a huge weight had been taken off him and he played some fantastic crosses into the box, pity we  had no one prepared to gamble to meet them.

I would love to see us try  Cerny on the left and Tavenier on the right of the three to really stretch defences.

Realistically ~35k there tonight going by TV.

I work with a couple of ST holders who didn't go tonight because they couldn't get home. I was offered their ticket, but I had the same problem. Sunday transport links are sh#t.

Absolutely stinking time for kickoff on a Sunday. No idea how St Johnstone fans, not driving or on supporters buses, could attend.

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

I work with a couple of ST holders who didn't go tonight because they couldn't get home. I was offered their ticket, but I had the same problem. Sunday transport links are sh#t.

Absolutely stinking time for kickoff on a Sunday. No idea how St Johnstone fans, not driving or on supporters buses, could attend.

I think they just hired a minibus mate.

1 hour ago, docspiderman said:

Underwhelming performance; painfully slow build up from Backpass FC, our players look incapable of finding teammates with passes when they play at such a slow tempo . The central defenders leave far too much space between them and Propper makes Souttar look like a superstar.  Great performance from Cerny which was needed since neither of our strikers looked like they knew how to score. When Tavenier moved upfront it looked as if a huge weight had been taken off him and he played some fantastic crosses into the box, pity we  had no one prepared to gamble to meet them.

I would love to see us try  Cerny on the left and Tavenier on the right of the three to really stretch defences.

Deary me.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

They didn't.

5 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

Nowhere near it, that's just the amount of tickets sold, which also leads me to think we've lost a couple of thousand Season Ticket holders in the last few years, pretty sure we had 46k+ season ticket holders at one point.

Much better performance than last week similar to Dundee game 

A better tempo to the game with more urgency to push forward more evident , however still having too many lapses in possession as shots  at goal go StJ posed a few questions and Butland delivered when asked to on a few occasions.

Good to see Cerny bury two good goals and others have a go rather than piss about the edge of the box.

8 hours ago, Craiggybear said:

It certainly looked around 30k on tv

3 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Nowhere near it, that's just the amount of tickets sold, which also leads me to think we've lost a couple of thousand Season Ticket holders in the last few years, pretty sure we had 46k+ season ticket holders at one point.

Huge waiting list. Doubt we have lost any