Ryan Kent - Would you have him back?

Ace

28 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

How often did we see him on his game?

He's scored 7 goals in his last 119 matches. The revisionism and nostalgia for him is mental. Almost everyone wanted him gone as he wasn't good enough and had downed tools, why would you now want him back when he's been terrible for 18 months elsewhere?

Cantwell comfortably beat Kent's numbers in his last 2 seasons and he wasn't very good.

He had demonstrated how good he was previously hence we paid 7 million for him, He demonstrated how good he was when we won the league. In 2022 ( not that long ago ) he demonstrated how good he is on his game as he ripped good European teams apart on our run to Seville. Maybe you just missed it.

Again I agree he was shite the following season but I take issue with anyone who doesn’t think he has ability and at 27 could be an asset to the current squad.

20 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Let it go. He’s had his time. Decent player at one point but I don’t see what he’d bring to the team in assists and goals for the wage he’ll be looking for. Would rather add another youth player to the squad than let a player like Kent take that slot.

How much is he looking for?

I would rather we had a successful team built on our academy but that’s nothing more than a far fetched fantasy up until now.

Right now I want any player who will make our squad better. 

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

He had demonstrated how good he was previously hence we paid 7 million for him, He demonstrated how good he was when we won the league. In 2022 ( not that long ago ) he demonstrated how good he is on his game as he ripped good European teams apart on our run to Seville. Maybe you just missed it.

Again I agree he was shite the following season but I take issue with anyone who doesn’t think he has ability and at 27 could be an asset to the current squad.

He doesn’t get another chance for me. The way he half arsed about at the end it’s a no for me.

1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

Shite in his last season and his move was a disaster but he’s only 27 and in 2022 he was ripping top teams apart in our European run. 
When you look at our current squad he has the potential to be a great addition.

That right there has been the problem with our transfer policy for too long. 2022 was almost 3 years ago. It’s time to move away from this idea of signing players on the basis of form they showed years ago.

5 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He‘ll get offers from the championship, probably on similar money to what he was earning in Turkey. You’ve also got El-Effitaq too who could easily come in for him because of the Gerrard connection. He’s not coming back to us.

I instantly thought Saudi move more likely

Imagine we didn't know who he was and we had signed a winger who didn't score enough, didn't assist enough and just had a contract ripped up 16 months into 4 year deal. You'd be furious. Base ideas on what players have done lately, not 3 years ago

8 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The very latest example you gave us will have been almost 3 years ago by the time the window opens and even in that season he was poor in the league and only decent in Europe. 

The last good season he had for us in the league was in 20/21. 

If that is the argument, then lets bring back Morelos, Goldson, Roofe and Helander while we're at it.

Is it true we can't register him until January even if he did sign?

That being said, would be a horrendous move. Paying someone who cannot play - and this time not because they're crocked. :lol:

He must have got quite a big payout from Fenerbache. He had big clubs looking at him as well.

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That right there has been the problem with our transfer policy for too long. 2022 was almost 3 years ago. It’s time to move away from this idea of signing players on the basis of form their showed years ago.

That kind of thinking would have saved us from the Lammers/Dessers nightmare we've had to endure. 

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Is it true we can't register him until January even if he did sign?

That being said, would be a horrendous move. Paying someone who cannot play - and this time not because they're crocked. :lol:

He must have got quite a big payout from Fenerbache. He had big clubs looking at him as well.

Yes he can't be registered to play until January. 

Hopefully it's not a move that we're really considering. 

He was absolute garbage domestically since the 55 season. 

3 goals in 29 games in 22/23 in the league

2 goals in 26 games in 21/22 in the league

Almost all games were starts where he played most of or the entire match. 

McAusland and Matondo have better stats than that…

2 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

Imagine we didn't know who he was and we had signed a winger who didn't score enough, didn't assist enough and just had a contract ripped up 16 months into 4 year deal. You'd be furious. Base ideas on what players have done lately, not 3 years ago

Someone would post a YouTube compilation and we'd think we were signing prime Ronaldo 

10 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Don't really get some of the vitriol directed at him. He was great for a long time and then went out with a whimper and left on a free. He wasn't the only one who had a poor season. The whole team was pretty shite and at the end of a cycle.

People go on about him like he's Stevie Naismith.

Guarantee we'll ask the question, but I reckon he goes to another Turkish team or the Championship.

He wasn't great for a long time

Had one good consistent season in the title season, had the seville run, and apart from that he was bad as often as good if not more