Why are we still singing about the UVF

StewGers

I have never posted before, but felt i had to after the first couple of away games this season.

I cant get my head round why some fans are still singing about the UVF at Gers games. Dont get me wrong, most fans, including myself have sung these types of songs in the past but there is no place for them anymore.

This is the start of a new adventure for all Gers fans and we should take this opportunity to rid ourselves of certain songs that do us no favours and have nothing to do with Rangers in the 21st Century.

Quite simply, dont complain about what the media and certain journalists write about Rangers fans when some fans refuse to let go the stuff that is now simply irrelevant and you know they will pick up on.

We should be reading about the amazing suppport given to a team in the fourth tier of scottish football and fans who do themselves proud in the way they support their team and not about a small group who refuse to let go of the past.

I have never posted before, but felt i had to after the first couple of away games this season.

I cant get my head round why some fans are still singing about the UVF at Gers games. Dont get me wrong, most fans, including myself have sung these types of songs in the past but there is no place for them anymore.

This is the start of a new adventure for all Gers fans and we should take this opportunity to rid ourselves of certain songs that do us no favours and have nothing to do with Rangers in the 21st Century.

Quite simply, dont complain about what the media and certain journalists write about Rangers fans when some fans refuse to let go the stuff that is now simply irrelevant and you know they will pick up on.

We should be reading about the amazing suppport given to a team in the fourth tier of scottish football and fans who do themselves proud in the way they support their team and not about a small group who refuse to let go of the past.

So u thought you would join today to get everyone to stop singing they songs? Were you at the game yesterday? If you were did u say anything to the guys singing it at the game?

i watched the almost entire 90mins yesterday and you could hear every song very clearly.

could be wrong but i never heard any songs relating to the UVF? Heard build my gallows right enough - really wish we would ditch that fuckin abomination fo a song, it's embarassing.

i watched the almost entire 90mins yesterday and you could hear every song very clearly.

could be wrong but i never heard any songs relating to the UVF? Heard build my gallows right enough - really wish we would ditch that fuckin abomination fo a song, it's embarassing.

Your part timing opinions matter to no-one.

Oh yes. Lets all sing Kumbaya, whilst linking arms. It will be super exciting.

And lets ban all those nasty sweary words too.

:crabflute:

Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya,

Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya,

Fuck the taigs my lord, fuck the taigs,

Ohhhhh lord, Fuck those taigs.

:D:crabflute:

Ffs, Join a scum board and complain about IRA songs! :shifty:

Good post and a true post.

Apart from a few on here agreeing with you ....all you'll see here are wee boys with little or no thought for the club and our reputation and all you'll get is slagged off big time with them calling you a taig etc.... me too now that I've backed you....sad times within our Own fan base.

We COULD be beltin out the billy boys every-week sung with the proper Rangers wording but 'they'll' tell you it's not on ...given that the even More thick among the supporters cannot even think straight and chant without using the outlawed wording

sad indeed.

Fucking stupid post, i hate some songs, jobby sands mainly as its fucking stupidly ironic.

but my first post when joining a Rangers Forum would be about Rangers not a silly taig like post.

1346078559' post='1060377416']

You just dont wipe out parts of history because some find them distasteful..

Our history is what it is...

The loyalist support is a major part of who we are, controversial as that maybe to some.

Don't think we are , I have been to Ibrox Twice this Season East Fife, and East Stirlingshire, and have not heard a Mutter about the UVF .Although some of the East Stirling supporters said there where Ce--ic and H-b- Fans in amongst them shouting abuse at Rangers Fans.

When are we gonna close the doors in this place?

every single day we have these clowns coming on here starting threads pretending to be Bears to make us look bad . . . this place is poluted right now!

I don't sing UVF songs and i don't come on here to read that mob posting threads about it FFS.

These songs are about the 36th Ulster division, part of the British Army, who fought and died and sacrificed everything so that our people would have freedom, not about a terrorist gang. They gave their lives so that you would have rights, such as the right to come on forums such as this and voice your opinion.

People want us to "let this stuff go" why is it that proud British people are the only ones that are asked to forget their heritage, immigrants in this country and people living in other countries are told to embrace their culture while we are fed a lie that our history is something to be ashamed of.

Folk can sing 10 german bombers, all sorts of songs celebrating our countries victory but as soon as you sing a song about Ulster people assume its sectarian etc. As many Ulster men died for our rights as English and Scottish.

It might be a cliche argument but if not for those men who fought and died you may not have even had the right to voice your opinion on issues like this without being arrested.

When are we gonna close the doors in this place?

every single day we have these clowns coming on here starting threads pretending to be Bears to make us look bad . . . this place is poluted right now!

I don't sing UVF songs and i don't come on here to read that mob posting threads about it FFS.

You could just simply kick your own brain into gear and try thinking what it is that the guy is meaning.... I'm sure he's probably on about the loyalist crap that is belted out mostly at the away games.... and at football matches in the third division all it does is make the fans ALL sound like dafties these days.

The decent chanting about Rangers.... the club all sound brilliant but watching the tv camera scan round the fans yesterday and seeing many fans in with their wee kids it all sounded crap when hearing them chant the loyalist tunes, no need for em tbh and worst of ALL.... 'the bears wre having a party, the tims were sh@gging weans..... get a bloody grip cos all that crap ditty does is trivialize pedophilia that went on at the piggary.

Time for all the decent Rangers party tunes... not the mingers.