Joey sent home

scottjf82

In my opinion, it's blatantly obvious that Barton has underestimated Scottish football.

This isn't England where you've got time on the ball; this is a country filled with concrete feet, cart horses and panic merchants; everything is rushed, there is no calm, just rushed panic. You have zero time on the ball. He's being caught in possession regularly and again, he struggled to make an impact on Saturday.

If he is indeed dropped for the weekend, my concern is the morale in the squad, as if it wasn't low enough already having been fucking demolished at Parkhead.

The suggestion that Barton has been trying to take over team talks maybe true, but why shouldn't he??? He is the most experienced player in that dressing room by a country mile. Maybe it's wee Halliday that's acting like the wee Ned and no takin a tellin from a vastly more experienced pro.

14 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Also, a few people have mentioned finger-pointing and players being pulled apart in the dressing room at full-time on Saturday; fucking good.

Conceding five goals is a fucking crime, especially in a game that means so much. Read any footballers' autobiography and they talk of scraps in every changing room when things aren't going well.

I hope Halliday was pointing fingers. I'll be the first to admit that he's not the world's best footballer, but he should have started on Saturday. We needed another semi-final performance from the midfield, but he was patched two older, slower players which cost us. I'd have been raging.

Did he have three pointing back at him as he was doing that, because he has been mince for much of this season. Should have started on Saturday? Nonsense.

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

In my opinion, it's blatantly obvious that Barton has underestimated Scottish football.

This isn't England where you've got time on the ball; this is a country filled with concrete feet, cart horses and panic merchants; everything is rushed, there is no calm, just rushed panic. You have zero time on the ball. He's being caught in possession regularly and again, he struggled to make an impact on Saturday.

If he is indeed dropped for the weekend, my concern is the morale in the squad, as if it wasn't low enough already having been fucking demolished at Parkhead.

If he is that much of a negative influence , it might have the opposite effect . If we come out all guns blazing and win with a much improved performance and a decent score line then there is an arguement for him not be a certain starter. All ifs and buts though 

4 minutes ago, sh323 said:

Joey Barton has the potential to be one of our worst ever signings. Very disappointing considering how well he played at Burnley. 

Burnley are a good side and he was voted their best player, he comes to Rangers and is shite? or just maybe Rangers are an average side and he is struggling to do anything in a under achieving side!, you should think before you post.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The suggestion that Barton has been trying to take over team talks maybe true, but why shouldn't he??? He is the most experienced player in that dressing room by a country mile. Maybe it's wee Halliday that's acting like the wee Ned and no takin a tellin from a vastly more experienced pro.

Depends how you measure experience, I would say Kenny would be a better guy to listen to.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Fuckin amazing the amount on here diving to blame Haliday for any of this other than the papish bastard.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

You can put in your experience and be a positive influence , however  you can be also be arrogant about it and come across as a knob and completely underestimate the challenge around you . At this stage we don't really know 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Jason Holt is the new Messi and getting better everyday he doesn't play.  Very little middle ground on RM.  Players are viewed on RM, as my gran used  to say as being "all sugar or all shite".   

Not one person on here knows the facts 

The same people abusing barton would have been the 1s on the cringy transfer forum hitting out with annouce barton all summer