Realistic Expectation Next Season

Rangers Finishing Position 2017/8  

336 members have voted

1. 1. What position will we hold in the league at the end of the 2017/8 season?

• First
    • Second
    • Third
    • Fourth
    • Fifth
    • Lower than Fifth

On 21/07/2017 at 10:23, Brian Fantana said:

The forum feeling seems less positive now than it was when Pedro was appointed. We all know that things have looked poor but pre-Season is never a true indicator. Given the current mood and thoughts on the team and the way other teams are building, where do you think we will finish next season and why? Will it be a battle for the position you choose or will it be held comfortably?

My current opinion is we will finish third, spending the season battling Aberdeen and Hibs. Aberdeen will pip us by 3 points, we'll pull away from Hibs by 9 points.

EDIT - This is not about where we all want us to be (First) it's about where you expect us to be given the current state of squad and staff.

was closer with Hibs than i thought.

Comfortable 2nd place finish. 

Signs that the gap between us and them is closing. 

A couple of wins against them. 

A respectable European run. 

A cup win or at least a cup final appearance. 

A squad/first team looking more and more like a title winning perhaps the following season, with additional signings. 

Steven Gerrard still incharge. 

This would be a successful season. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Comfortable 2nd place finish. 

Signs that the gap between us and them is closing. 

A couple of wins against them. 

A respectable European run. 

A cup win or at least a cup final appearance. 

A squad/first team looking more and more like a title winning perhaps the following season, with additional signings. 

Steven Gerrard still incharge. 

This would be a successful season. 

I think we will be lucky to get those two.

IF we can get a couple of wins against them we will be title contenders- after all, if we had one two against them this year there would only be 6 points in it.

Think we can finish 2nd next season. We should've this season but goofed it up and doesn't help Pedro was punted and Murty was in charge. Hopefully Gerrard comes in and gives every cunt a good boot up the arse or out the door. 

We should close the gap on the filth. But knowing us we'll make it hard for ourselves somehow. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

This.

?‍♂️feeling the same way it’s such a big gamble yet again.

I’m thinking second at best, without some luck for us and against the papes I don’t see us challenging but I truly hope I’m so so wrong.

On 7/21/2017 at 10:31, Smile said:

I'd like us to be First but fear we will finish in a similar position to last season, although I would say we have better players can the Manager get the best out of these players, who knows. plus in key areas we are still poor right and left back we are still pish and up front we need a Proven goal scorer.

This poster knows his stuff.

Strong title challenge minimum. 8 new players, big spending, expensive gaffer who is a footballing legend.

We must have a title challenge to the end. If the gap is 10 points at the split it’s a failure.

The way I see it we are already massively outspending the rest, another transfer window of big spending should see us in touching of the filth. If we find a good level of consistency we will have an improved record against the rest, plus regardless of this season - anything can happen in an OF game.

Title challenge and won’t accept any less. 

1 hour ago, Ibroxric72 said:

There’s no way Gerrard will put up with the dirge we have seen this season and on that basis of blind optimism surely we’ll be at least 2nd or go one better. Why not? :cheers:

I agree. I hope Gerrard gets full autonomy for the transfer window. He knows how he wants us to play, therefore he knows player profile, type etc we need. Don’t trust DoF - in any situation. Generally they sign players and managers get the bullet for not making it work. It’s absurd.

15 hours ago, Bydo said:

I think we will be lucky to get those two.

IF we can get a couple of wins against them we will be title contenders- after all, if we had one two against them this year there would only be 6 points in it.

If we'd beat the lesser teams we'd have won the league even if we'd lost to the scum.

Thats how we win it next season, tho I expect to beat the scum at least a couple of times.