Daniel Candeias Appreciation Thread

Broxi

58 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Just cause I feel like it. Not going to get 20 goals or even 10 goals a season and not the best player we'll ever have at the club but the only thing you can possibly ask for from any Rangers player is that they give 100% out on the pitch and Candeias goes above and beyond in that regard. A consistent 7/10 player every match and he wins us a shit tonne of goals from nothing other than his shear determination to chase every ball. This video sums him up perfectly: 

He's not a stick on in my mind for a starting XI spot in future recruitment drives but nevertheless he's been a great servant for us and can hold his head high, and at least for now fully deserves a place in our team

Good post mate

was going to say unsung hero but thats not true,  I think our fans do appreciate whT he brings to the team  

like jeffery I fucking love him 

Edit-except foreverAndEver but he just likes to be different 🤣

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

His work rate is superb for big games that are going to be battles but he’s not productive enough in the bread and butter games.

I think exactly the same mate.

He leaves everything out there and is a great wee player just no got the proper end product 

Consistently been one of our best performers and should be mentioned the amount of freedom tav gets going forward when they are both on it. With his workrate and engine you know he is always willing to chase back and cover. Would have them as our right wing in every game.

34 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Good post mate

was going to say unsung hero but thats not true,  I think our fans do appreciate whT he brings to the team  

like jeffery I fucking love him 

Edit-except foreverAndEver but he just likes to be different 🤣

:lol:

Ridiculously overrated mate, and annoys me the 100% every game stuff getting discussed, especially remembering the last two old firms last season

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol:

Ridiculously overrated mate, and annoys me the 100% every game stuff getting discussed, especially remembering the last two old firms last season

I don't think anybody thinks he's an amazing player but anyone who gives that much deserves praise. You can only try your best every game and he does. 

He's won us many goals we wouldn't have scored without him in the team by chasing defenders down. The goal at home to Rapid Vienna for example. You put those types of goals down to poor defending etc but we wouldn't get them without Candeias running his heart out to chase balls and put people under pressure. 

I do agree RW is a position I'd like us to improve but this thread isn't about him being the best player at the club because he isn't, it's about giving him credit for never just cruising through games and you can never fault him for not giving it everything. Ross McCrorie is exactly the same as Candeias, not the best footballers, but their effort, passion and determination to get stuck in brings a lot of benefits to the team. 

48 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think exactly the same mate.

He leaves everything out there and is a great wee player just no got the proper end product 

He’s only got something like 3 assists this season which is nowhere near enough for a guy playing in a team who’s are expected to dominate games the way that we do.

It's all about opinions but there are some who think he is not worth a shirt.I don't understand that.

He is a pacy player who is limited when it comes to taking a player on a ftnd shooting. He has his moments though and sets loads of goals up.

SG will have him working on his weak points. I think he has it in him to become a fantastic player for us.