SFA & SPFL to introduce new measures to combat crowd trouble

Bears r us

Seems like a statement about a future statement. :thinking:

The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League are to introduce new measures to help tackle unacceptable conduct among fans.

The governing bodies held talks after recent high-profile incidents including coin throwing, fans confronting players and sectarian singing.

The new sanctions are due to be announced this week.

One measure being considered is to give clubs the power to apply for banning orders that would cover all stadiums.

SPFL clubs have continually resisted calls to introduce a zero tolerance approach - known as strict liability - that could result in fines, stadium closures and even points deductions, following bad behaviour.

League rules state clubs will escape punishment if they can prove all practicable steps were taken to prevent unacceptable conduct.

Strict liability would kill attendances as everyone would need to be filmed for the entire game in order to have irrefutable evidence that would stand up in court. 

Just noticed that the guy that twatted Grealish got 14 weeks, clearly the English have set the bar. Not expecting the Scottish system to even consider giving the wanker at our game any jail time but can only hope it deters the wanks that may consider doing something similar.

4 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Strict liability would kill attendances as everyone would need to be filmed for the entire game in order to have irrefutable evidence that would stand up in court. 

Just noticed that the guy that twatted Grealish got 14 weeks, clearly the English have set the bar. Not expecting the Scottish system to even consider giving the wanker at our game any jail time but can only hope it deters the wanks that may consider doing something similar.

The Hibs fan has only been charged with Breach of the Peace. 

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Crazy. The authorities in England are treating it like the very serious issue it is and are rightly so making an example of the guy. Really quickly as well, whereas up here they seem to be treating it like a bit of a jolly jape. 

God forbid the guy sang a song at Tavernier though. The English press have highlighted the issue better than the Scottish.

42 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

enough to get him the jail

as the Sheriff said,  "The nature of the offence has caused a lot of discussion and concern and is a serious matter."

I'd lay odds on 2 to 3 months inside............................................................

which, when you compare to some 'causing death by careless driving' that have suspended sentences (i.e. no jail time) is pretty severe

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Seems like a statement about a future statement. :thinking:

The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League are to introduce new measures to help tackle unacceptable conduct among fans.

The governing bodies held talks after recent high-profile incidents including coin throwing, fans confronting players and sectarian singing.

The new sanctions are due to be announced this week.

One measure being considered is to give clubs the power to apply for banning orders that would cover all stadiums.

SPFL clubs have continually resisted calls to introduce a zero tolerance approach - known as strict liability - that could result in fines, stadium closures and even points deductions, following bad behaviour.

League rules state clubs will escape punishment if they can prove all practicable steps were taken to prevent unacceptable conduct.

Well to be fair they lost FOCUS so find it hard to kick us in the arse so have to find another way to kick us in the balls and powder puff punch our captain.

SFA and SPFL statement is always the same thing to me, the snake oil salesman is trying to fuck me in the arse.

23 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Well to be fair they lost FOCUS so find it hard to kick us in the arse so have to find another way to kick us in the balls and powder puff punch our captain.

SFA and SPFL statement is always the same thing to me, the snake oil salesman is trying to fuck me in the arse.

Yes, this just will be another stick to beat us.

There won't be any set criteria to apply it consistently, but the usual behind closed door reviews by the faceless.

Will they come out with what equates to sectarian singing beforehand and the tarriffs for it? What about political chants not allowed by UEFA? Will they be up for sanction?

What tarriffs for coin throwing or other objects Pitch invasions, assualts by fans and so on?

I see a major stitch up on the way and we are it!

I don't see how giving clubs the power to apply for banning orders would work fairly to solve this problem for ALL clubs.  Rangers won't be able to  escape punishment if they don't use this new banning order as the SFA/SPFL will say practicable steps were not taken to prevent unacceptable conduct.

It's forcing the club to alienate the singing section of the fan base or face punishments.   Imho, the way forward is for the club to set up a youth council and converse with the singing section of the support. 

I could also see with what has been suggested by the SFA/SPFL being manipulated by other clubs so that our club lose points leaving it impossible to get ahead for seasons to come. 

28 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes, this just will be another stick to beat us.

There won't be any set criteria to apply it consistently, but the usual behind closed door reviews by the faceless.

Will they come out with what equates to sectarian singing beforehand and the tarriffs for it? What about political chants not allowed by UEFA? Will they be up for sanction?

What tarriffs for coin throwing or other objects Pitch invasions, assualts by fans and so on?

I see a major stitch up on the way and we are it!

I see another way for them to make Rangers lose money.