The Difference

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Social services should be involved here for the the permittance of swearing. Appalling parenting. 

Just checked, she said flipping do them, my mistake. 

29 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Bit of a shite thread title I know but I couldn't think of anything better , the difference I'm on about is in our young supporters, as a dad to 3 girls I never imagined them attending Ibrox with me through the years, I thought they would just drift away despite my best efforts, I bought  season tickets for the elder 2 next to me when we went down to division 3 and they have attended ever since, they've watched and put up with some amount of shite home and away and now they are buzzing every week , I've went from a shrug of the shoulders to who we were playing to my 15 year old just walking into the kitchen and clenching her fist and saying, I'm  not sleeping tonight dad I'm too hyper let's fucking do them, I'm allowing the swearing because I feel the same, Thursday night was fantastic with them they went mental, my pal takes his girls and he's commented much the same, lost generation my arse imo, if anything they'll end up more loyal than any of us because of the events of the last decade. 

Brilliant mate, I’ve no weans so can’t even imagine what that’s like, but I get what your saying about them keeping up the will to go at that age and with the absolute dross we produced over the last few years. At least my mum had it a bit easier, as once we got through the late 80s I doubt anycunt wasn’t buzzing to go 😂😂

Theres nothing better than seeing the next generation coming through , personal highlight for me last season was 5 of us going to kilmarnock on the saturday night. Me, @Rfc52, my 8 year old, rfc52's boy and a boy we work with in his early 20s. We aw mucked in and had a fuckin ball watching the boys sing the songs and get wound up with the game. Cannae beat it

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Bit of a shite thread title I know but I couldn't think of anything better , the difference I'm on about is in our young supporters, as a dad to 3 girls I never imagined them attending Ibrox with me through the years, I thought they would just drift away despite my best efforts, I bought  season tickets for the elder 2 next to me when we went down to division 3 and they have attended ever since, they've watched and put up with some amount of shite home and away and now they are buzzing every week , I've went from a shrug of the shoulders to who we were playing to my 15 year old just walking into the kitchen and clenching her fist and saying, I'm  not sleeping tonight dad I'm too hyper let's fucking do them, I'm allowing the swearing because I feel the same, Thursday night was fantastic with them they went mental, my pal takes his girls and he's commented much the same, lost generation my arse imo, if anything they'll end up more loyal than any of us because of the events of the last decade. 

My son is 8. Iv 2 older girls aged 15 and 20 who don't really care too much for football but if pushed are Bearettes at heart. Now when it boils down to it my wee man doesn't really actually like football. But he fuckin loves his trips to Ibrox whenever I get the chance to take him and he fuckin loves beating the taigs. 

He tells me his best memories are having the life squeezed out of him after the penalty shootout against the taigs and the celebration after the game in December when he first realised a grown man could cry and still be happy. 

21 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Brilliant when you can share as a family what you feel as a Bear .

I played football in the house with my oldest boy not long after he started walking , got him hooked watching the football on the telly , got him to his first game against Sturm Graz just before he was four , and was a season ticket holder a few years later . He started a website  about Rangers - https://rangerstoday.wordpress.com  while at school , including a Twitter account , with a  quiz which is still on the go on a Thursday night , and was a contributor to WATP magazine . 

He and his younger brother , who is just as Rangers daft , will be sitting next to me tomorrow as we have done for many a year now . 

I follow him on Twitter, always assumed it was an older person than somebody ages with me 😂, good page

41 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I follow him on Twitter, always assumed it was an older person than somebody ages with me 😂, good page

👍 Nice to hear .

I try and do his quiz on a Thursday night , though haven't managed it for a few weeks because of work ., but have to admit he's pretty handy if you need some info on Rangers . Managed to 'cheat ' on a few of the questions on here :lol:  

7 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Theres nothing better than seeing the next generation coming through , personal highlight for me last season was 5 of us going to kilmarnock on the saturday night. Me, @Rfc52, my 8 year old, rfc52's boy and a boy we work with in his early 20s. We aw mucked in and had a fuckin ball watching the boys sing the songs and get wound up with the game. Cannae beat it

Be even better if tav never missed the pk, as I think you had him first goalscorer and a goal in the first 10 mins as well :lol:

9 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

That’s what I like to hear a man who has brought his kids up properly.