Do we have a stronger team than last season

skinnymate1690

It's been covered before but now we're at the end of the window it's a big worry for me. 

If anything I think we are slightly less strong

There's still a question marks around a few of them but we were told we would bring in quality rather than quantity. 

We haven't replaced Kent and although a lot of people didn't rate candeias I don't think we've replaced him either. 

Add to that we didn't add the number 10 we've been crying out for. 

I don't quite understand what our signing policy has been this summer 

I'm hoping someone that's able to cut teams open or a winger that's able to beat a man comes in tomorrow but Gerrard all but confirmed we are done.

I think we are unquestionably worse off in wide areas, but in all others I’d say we are better off, bearing in mind improvements seen in existing players (Katic, Jack) a firing Steve Davis, and generally more options and competition with far better quality waiting in the wings for a chance (particularly centre half and centre mid)

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye but the selection today was shite 

I don't even know if it was selection rather than the formation itself being the issue.

As said in previous threads...selection almost same as May except for Kent  and Foderingham being missing. The formation was changed which made us look like lemmings rather than warriors. 

(Top) Selection and Formation from May

(Bottom) Sunday. 

Screenshot_2019-09-01-23-06-38.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-01-23-05-59.jpg

Just now, Sweettartangirl said:

I don't even know if it was selection rather than the formation itself being the issue.

As said in previous threads...selection almost same as May except for Kent  and Foderingham being missing. The formation was changed which made us look like lemmings rather than warriors. 

(Top) Selection and Formation from May

(Bottom) Sunday. 

Screenshot_2019-09-01-23-06-38.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-01-23-05-59.jpg

It’s the same formation, that’s wrong.

Gerrard might have went a bit gung ho in the games at ibrox last year and it worked

Wether it was Gerrards gameplan or just poor game for every member of our team we seemed to be trying not to lose that game, trying not to give anything away and just edge it, back fired big time.

i hope it was just a poor performance cos only a fucking imbecile would change a thing about our game plan after tearing them apart twice

Yes for me we have a stronger squad and rotation shows us that. The new players need time to settle which we can’t afford unfortunately. I still feel we’re missing an all out attacking midfielder/striker who can play as a 10. Maybe king once fit is the answer or Arfield if he’s not out wide in a 451/433. We need someone to split a defence open.... tin hat oan here.... like the way Allen and then peado fc did against us. We’re too predictable from wide areas imo. 

14 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Wether it was Gerrards gameplan or just poor game for every member of our team we seemed to be trying not to lose that game, trying not to give anything away and just edge it, back fired big time.

Agreed mate. Players were half a yard behind them for 50/50s where if your going  full pelt your not.