***The Official VfB Stuttgart v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched german match of the day and...Stuttgart even though they lost yesterday are a lot better than us

its going to be tough ...they can move that ball around well and are technically superior in all departments

It will be like playing Motherwell again then eh? :rolleyes:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:thomson:

:Naismith: :davis: :mendes: :rothen:

:miller:

For me we still need Miller to lead the line for us, now one player we seem to forget that does perform well in Europe is Damarcus Beasley. Now will he be in Walter Smith thoughts?

Would be happy with that line up. We need Davis to play in the middle. He will keep possession in the middle of the park along with Mendes and hopefully we can snatch something on the break. Thomson is much more composed on the ball than McCulloch and I would start him despite his lack of first team action.

Miller will do well up top and will no doubt be out to close the ball down and win us corners and draw free kicks around the box. Naismith done himself proud the last time he played at this stadium and I feel that this could be his night to snatch a memorable goal going on his recent form for club and country.

I wouldn't be surprised if we snatch a win on Wednesday but right now I'd be delighted with a 0-0 draw .

Lee McCulloch aswell. He should be nowhere near that starting 11. If he does, then our midfield, and, all round performance will struggle big time.

He can't even keep up with play at places like Tynecastle and Fir Park - he'll get torn apart in Germany!

Sick of our midfield being 2nd best away from home, and, he's the main cause of it.

Lee McCulloch aswell. He should be nowhere near that starting 11. If he does, then our midfield, and, all round performance will struggle big time.

He can't even keep up with play at places like Tynecastle and Fir Park - he'll get torn apart in Germany!

Sick of our midfield being 2nd best away from home, and, he's the main cause of it.

Ive still got a funny feeling we will see mcculloch in there, otherwise we would have seen thomson on saturday... unless we were saving him for wednesdays game :unsure:

No Boyd so far....thank fuck!

Totally agree, although i find it interesting nobody has picked him with all the support he gets.

Maybe thats because some people overhype the 'backing' some people give him

Or maybe they are starting to realize a few things about Kris Boyd, who knows :unsure:

They could actually be a case for playing Kris Boyd against Stuttgart, afterall Miller ain't firing. Boyd would be fired up getting a CL start away from home and Stuttgart might just give him a bit more time and space.

Walter took Miller off with a view to Wednesday's game so maybe the fact that McCulloch played the full 90 minutes suggests he won't play in Stuttgart. Or i certainly hope this is the case. Thomson is the much better option in there despite being out for so long through injury.

The SPL comes first. We should be looking to win our games in that before looking to the Champions League!

Our manager should not be looking ahead, especially when we are 0-0 with SPL fodder, and, under so much pressure.

Squad's not strong or good enough!

Totally agree, although i find it interesting nobody has picked him with all the support he gets.

Nobody in their right mind would want to see Boyd played as a lone striker.

How no..... Whats changed from him not getting enough support?

Surely a midfield 5 of Naismith, Davis, Mendes, Thomson and Rothen would supply him with enough ammunition. Or is there more to it now, has the situation changed?

Nobody in their right mind would want to see Boyd played as a lone striker.

How no..... Whats changed from him not getting enough support?

Surely a midfield 5 of Naismith, Davis, Mendes, Thomson and Rothen would supply him with enough ammunition. Or is there more to it now, has the situation changed?

4 out of those 5 played yesterday and he didn't get anywhere near enough ammunition. Against a much better team away from home he would get even less. He'd have to fight for every ball and create his own chances, i don't think Boyd is the kind of player who can do that.

Like it or not Miller is the best option we have to play the lone striker role.