Rumours that the new kit will be on sale on Thursday

some of the comments regarding the situation are totally embarrassing, I have just read on facebook that someone has suggested banning anyone who has the top on from Ibrox. People have their opinions which I can accept but trying to force their opinions on others is a joke.  

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Agreed. But surely regardless of the boards actions, people wouldn't want to harm the club? 

How can any of the 42,000 odd fans that bought a season ticket (anywhere from 400- 600 pounds) and want to buy a strip harm the club?   I bought a subscription for RTV that cost over 200 pounds, how would buying a top negate that?   The club is going to make money from all these fans going to the games as well.   For most of the time I have lived in the States the club merchandise has not been available, why were the fans groups and board ( including King & Murray) not concerned with the lost revenue then.?  

1 minute ago, cstamomusa said:

How can any of the 42,000 odd fans that bought a season ticket (anywhere from 400- 600 pounds) and want to buy a strip harm the club?   I bought a subscription for RTV that cost over 200 pounds, how would buying a top negate that?   The club is going to make money from all these fans going to the games as well.   For most of the time I have lived in the States the club merchandise has not been available, why were the fans groups and board ( including King & Murray) not concerned with the lost revenue then.?  

The merchandise was our second biggest income to season books and without that revenue we will struggle to compete with Celtic when it comes to attracting players as we simply won't beable to afford the wage.

58 minutes ago, Smile said:

Heres Pumas take on it from a guy who emailed them from FF.

Hi guy from FF,

We are sorry you feel this way. We respect your decision and would like to take the opportunity to let you know that PUMA is releasing replica kits into the market in full compliance with the Sponsorship and Licensing Agreement PUMA has with Rangers Retail Limited (RRL) - (a joint venture between Rangers Football Club (RFC) and Sports Direct plc (SDI)). The kits were actually designed in collaboration with Rangers Football Club over a period of months and final approval was received from the club last year in line with production schedules. The playing kit was delivered to the club, and the players have played all pre-season friendlies in this kit.
PUMA’s agreement with RRL remains in full effect. Accordingly, after taking legal advice, PUMA continues to uphold its contract with Rangers Retail Limited and has fulfilled its obligations to manufacture and deliver the kits to the playing and coaching staff, as well as to PUMA’s retail customers with the knowledge of all parties, including RFC.

We wish the team the very best of luck in their return to the Scottish Premiership. It's set to be an exciting season for both you and the club.

Kind regards,
PUMA

I can kind of see their point, the teams been wearing the top and new signings have been pictured holding it up etc so Puma obviously feel they have the right to sell it. Yes their going against the Clubs wishes but at the end of the day the Club are in a way promoting the top, and Puma have done all the work etc and now obviously want a return which is fair enough imo.

From a "FF legend"

I dont have the patience for these Rangers media fannies, they are as good as tims if not worse.
Everyone knows we get buttons for this top, if you go and still buy it you really are selfish children that dont care about Rangers.
King cant seem to get out of this deal that means Rangers are stuck with no merchandising funds for 7 years.
A total boycott might have shortened it, however too many selfish people who wont support the club and choose to support Ashley.
I will inform anyone I meet wearing this top what I think and I dont think I will be the only one.
I just hope the selfish children dont run away and cry.
Admin please bin the trolls.

16 minutes ago, No.12 said:

MA got the rights to the retail for practically fuck all, he'll not budge, he'll quite happily see the remaining 6 years out out of spite.  if you want to buy the shirt buy it, I'll be buying one for myself and the wee boy.

King could have got the rights awsell had he put his hand in his pocket instead of calling for boycotts.

Im actually dissapointed the board has let us the fans down here. Its only the young fans who are suffering here. My cousin wants to buy the top for his wee boy, because he keeps asking about it. But he doesnt want to because he knows he'll wear it to the game and is fearful of the abuse he'll get.

As usual its us (the fans), who are left with the burden. The board shouldve came to an agreement on this because they've had over a year now. Its just lazy in a business sense to just warn the fans not to buy it. Sit down with SD and sort it out, were in this contract now, so do whatevers needed to make it work.

5 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

King could have got the rights awsell had he put his hand in his pocket instead of calling for boycotts.

But he never, this is the position we're in right now. We'll have to deal with it because nothing is going to change until the deal ends in 6 years time.

5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I can't believe the venomous shite being spewed on FF about this.

Saying they better no see anyone wearing this shit at the Hamilton game :lol:

Saying anyone buying it is/was never a bear :lol:

Anyone not in agreement is uneducated scum and "should be shot" apparently :lol:

Fucksake man doh

Well this aint a suprise is it.What they going to say to some young kid going to the game with a rangers top on i wont be buying the strip myself until everything is sorted out but i will not call anyone out who decides to buy it especially young kids buy it dont buy it its your own decision

11 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

My old man was married to his sister in late 70s and he asked him many a time does he want to come to football and he always says no he's not into Rangers or football.

Why did your old man marry his sister,  thats taig behaviour :P

2 hours ago, Willis said:

I can kind of see their point, the teams been wearing the top and new signings have been pictured holding it up etc so Puma obviously feel they have the right to sell it. Yes their going against the Clubs wishes but at the end of the day the Club are in a way promoting the top, and Puma have done all the work etc and now obviously want a return which is fair enough imo.

Don't doubt they can launch a strip  but the rights to the badge is owned by the clubs and not Rangers retail  

Just now, californiadreamin52 said:

Don't doubt they can launch a strip  but the rights to the badge is owned by the clubs and not Rangers retail  

But they agreed on everything already even the design now they are taking a different Tact.

What action do you expect the board to take ?

So are PUMA are saying that Rangers had already ok'd the order,  and now we want to stop it?

We are not doing ourselves any favours here, we are making and arse of this.   That being said, I understand that Ashley has us over a barrell, and I totally understand anyone who wishes to boycot merch until such a time as the club tell us to buy.

Anyone slating another party for either chosing to buy a top, or not chosing to buy a top  is a cunt.

Just now, dougie76 said:

FF in full ban mode as usual, the powers that be on that site really don't like people having their own opinion, absolutely pathetic from them as usual.

:lol:    sad bastards.

You at least have to do something wrong to get banned from here usually :D