Warburton

STEPPS BOY

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

load of pish lads. If Kiernan can't do fuckin basics how is that Warburton's fault what we are are talking about can't be coached. Picking up men winning headers etc

he had a clown next to him that let everyone down today

spending money would solve the problem. Mr king is trying to do it on the cheap

It's Warburtons fault in the sense he brought Kiernan to the club, he didn't focus enough on strengthening that area of the pitch and he chose to start him today.

The players have let the manager down but it's his job to get the best out of them, and since the semi he hasn't. 

If the performances don't get better then he won't see the next old firm.

He's probably suited to a wee team with little expectations, the kind of team who are satisfied with a mid table finish and who concede as many as they score, the odd comfortable win where things click mixed with the polar opposite. But I just dont think he has the mentality or experience for a job of this size.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

what's his other options. All the CB we have are pish mate

His other options would have been to sign someone rather than give 15 plus a week to certain other players the fact that defence took the longest to sort out for me emphasises his stubbornness 

The defence is regressing, no sign of improvement. Warburton has had over a season to improve them through the championship and we look as vulnerable as ever.  He's going to have to change from this 4-3-3 nonsense too, he needs to adapt to the circumstances and seems reluctant to do so. 

Can't argue with that.

I've said it before on here that our midfield is worse now and we didn't strengthen any other areas.

Therefore we have went backwards. How he thought Kranjcar and Barton would have the legs for this is beyond me. Holt, Rossiter, Halliday, Windass and Forrester need to be our main midfielders from now.

He's under pressure and should be. Let's see how he responds but if we are not sitting in 2nd place by the turn of the year and are anymore than 10 points from them then I don't see him lasting the season. I don't agree that we should bin him and I do think this year was always going to a big struggle but lets be honest, we know how demanding we are as fans and patience has already gone.

Until we get rid of the old men in midfield. Install holt in there and get back to the high tempo passing game that featured so strongly last season we are going to struggle big time   As for the defence  senderos  and hill are past it  

You must remember we battered them at Hamden last season with our high tempo game and as long as we get back to that we will be fine. 

51 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Team is going backwards, and have done since last years semis. 

Cant argue it. 

To be honest, that semi final was quite the luck. The great unwashed hit the post twice, and even though we had control in the 90 mins, in the extra time they couldve easily scored at least 2, if it wasnt for Wes' brilliant saves. 

I'm bitterly disappointed  by today's showing.Too many passengers not enough leaders

.MW  has his work cut out to make us genuine contenders for the title this season and tbh  I reckon it's going to take a couple of couple of season before we win the title again - with or without our present manager.

Cunts are off their head if they think things get better by chucking Warburton. We were lucky enough to get him in the door when we did.

If he goes then we're fucked big time. He needs support and money from King. Unfortunately he isn't going to get that and we could be looking at a Celtic dominant SPL for the next 15 years.

I admire his philosophy on football but he must learn to adapt his tactics and formation to suit the game and not just our players, we were overran in midfield and offered fuck all up front, surely going 4-4-2 when needed shouldn't be so hard to fathom.

Get it together Mt Warburton. 

14 minutes ago, demise said:

To be honest, that semi final was quite the luck. The great unwashed hit the post twice, and even though we had control in the 90 mins, in the extra time they couldve easily scored at least 2, if it wasnt for Wes' brilliant saves. 

This^. I was over the moon at the result just like every other bear, but we could easily have lost that match; anyone not admitting it should go and re-watch the game. 

If, prior to coming here Warburton didn't know what was expected of him, he certainly knows now, or should.  You have to ask, what has DW been telling him?

I am reminded of Advocaat's fatuous remark after they beat us 6 - 2 "It's only a game".

Not to me it isn't.