Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It's not even that big a role IMO and people are making it out to be more than it really is.

Pedro is taking his actual assistant with him so I imagine whoever comes in will be what Durrant was under the Smith regime.

So effectively a cone? standing hands in pockets with a beanie hat on?

I'll do it. 

2 hours ago, Blue99 said:

Think we need someone who has managed a team in Scotland.  Someone like a Jim Duffy but obviously not him. Think how helpful Walter Smith was to Souness when he arrived.  Whatever happened to Billy Reid who used to manage Hamilton?? 

The last I knew of him he was managing in one of the Scandinavian countries.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The last I knew of him he was managing in one of the Scandinavian countries.

Assistant at Östersunds who are a  top division Swedish side. They've done really well recently, 3 promotions in 3 years or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Assistant at Östersunds who are a  top division Swedish side. They've done really well recently, 3 promotions in 3 years or something like that.

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/weird-news/watch-billy-reid-ditches-dugout-6892473

:rofl:

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 4:41 PM, WATP-FOREVER said:

McCann - he needs bringing back to Ibrox. Top man indeed.

Definitely, we need to get him on board before someone else steps in. Thought he was impressive again as a pundit on Sunday. Intelligent guy and its not difficult to imagine him being a very good coach. 

Wouldn't want Ferguson at Ibrox.  He thought he was Mr Rangers and turned the team against PLG.

I don't trust him and he would just get in Caixinhas way. BF blew it with his attitude years ago.

It should be someone with at least some experience. So therefore not Miller either. Folk suggesting him are just clueless fantasists with short memories who are putting their emotional attachments before the Club's well being. 

If it's going to be someone already associated with us then I'd give it to Murty he's done well as interim manager and it could be argued that he can change a game better than MW can

40 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

Aye Ferguson what a splendid idea...he could help undermine the manager just like helped do with PLG......NO FUCKING WAY

Pig you say that like he was a good manager. John Barnes had a better record than him.

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Miller would be my choice.    He knows the Club, the squad, the teams in Scotland, and has recent experience of playing against all the other clubs.   Would give him time to complete his coaching badges.  Maybe he'd be a player / assistant for a season then transition over fully to assistant / coach.   He can deal with the media when needed and - much more importantly - gets the importance of success to Rangers and to the Support.

He'd learn a bit from Pedro and his team about their management methods and coaching methods.   Which may be very useful not just for Miller himself but for the Club at the point in time in the future when Pedro decides to move on.   The point being that the assistant can then step into the manager shoes if needed and provide a continuity which was very evidently lacking when the last management team abandoned ship so suddenly forcing an inadequately experienced Murty into an emergency interim role.     

I would be happy with Miller. :thumbup:

------------------

www.scotlandinunion.co.uk 

4 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Definitely, we need to get him on board before someone else steps in. Thought he was impressive again as a pundit on Sunday. Intelligent guy and its not difficult to imagine him being a very good coach. 

Failure at the Pars, and didn't handle the pressure well as a no2.  Lost it a few times.  He is best biding as a pundit with no pressure on him.