Who will Gerrard keep?

Amato

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Assuming 4231, I think there’s only a handful of realistic starters for a league winning campaign. They could only be:

GK

Tav CB CB John

McCrorie CM

RM AM Murphy

CF 

Squad / backup players:

Fod, Candeias, Doherty, Holt, Jack, Dorrans, Windass, Morelos 

Assuming we bring in Arfield and McGregor, we still desperately need quality in CBx2, RM, AM, CF. 

It’ll most likely be the Liverpool way, 4-3-3, with either one, sometimes 2 holding midfielders. 

Alnwick, Tav, A.Wilson, John, Jack, McCrorie, Dorrans, Docherty, Candeias, Murphy, Hardie. 

Would Bates be re-thinking now that Stevie G is on board? 

And as said previously, if anyone can turn Rossiter around, surely Gerrard can. 

McGregor

Tav - New CB - New CB - John

New RM - Jack - Dorrans

Candeias - New CF - New LS

12 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I think Holt will be away

I don’t think he’s good enough to be in the first team for what we’re aiming for but I think Gerrard would like him and keep him in the squad. 

Ability aside there’s no denying the wee man’s got fight in him, passion and energy and I think Gerrard will love that.

11 minutes ago, MillwallLoyal said:

Alnwick, Tav, A.Wilson, John, Jack, McCrorie, Dorrans, Docherty, Candeias, Murphy, Hardie. 

Would Bates be re-thinking now that Stevie G is on board? 

And as said previously, if anyone can turn Rossiter around, surely Gerrard can. 

McGregor

Tav - New CB - New CB - John

New RM - Jack - Dorrans

Candeias - New CF - New LS

Jack over McCrorie in the middle? Dorrans starting? That’s scary 

The reality is, no matter how much we can see a complete overhaul is required, there just isnt the money to do so. My hope is that he will install a positive mindsight in some of the imposters who will remain. Given that the process of weeding out has hopefully started, its gonna be a tumultuous couple of months

7 hours ago, Amato said:

I'd be surprised if we keep Windass given there's been some interest from England, I'd cash in for 1-2 million.

Is Dorrans a loan at the moment? If so I'd get shot of him.

Forgot about Rossiter, if anyone is gonna get him playing it's Gerrard, especially if his problems aren't physical.

In the market we have to be looking at £3m+ for Windass.

Just now, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

No chance mate. We wouldn't get more than 800k max for Windass. I hope I'm wrong but someone would need to be off their nut to pay 3m.

Why? Second top goal scorer in our team from midfield. For all Burnley know he’s the main man in our team. 

As you guys know I'm only on here for the fun and banter and our common loyalty to the Ranger football club of Glasgow. But every so often I'll drop in a really serious post about where our great club is hopefully progressing.......... so here's a serious post on where I think we are going:

I think Gerrard will keep his friends close, negotiate some really decent signings, and may also be be aware that others might be coming in at all levels,  right up to boardroom level, who will endeavour to get our great club back on track as our investment potential is very interesting.

Expect most of our current squad, management, even board to be gone/bought out in next two years. 

Only question is who are the movers and shakers who Gerrard was so impressed with he decided to go with us, and when they will show themselves. 

Not David King for sure, he's just the stooge on this one I think...................

25 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

No chance mate. We wouldn't get more than 800k max for Windass. I hope I'm wrong but someone would need to be off their nut to pay 3m.

£800k for a player who’s scored 12 goals and assisted 8 others (I think) is far too low. You’re suggesting selling him for less than Waghorn went for and he was much worse last season than Windass is this season. 

Also have to consider he’s done it at a big clubx scored against big clubs and find so in big games. 

£3m+ is a minimum, regardless of whether we think he’s a shitebag or not - he will go onto somewhere else with less pressure and probably have more success. 

30 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Agreed. In fact, if the rumours are true and Burnley are interested we should be slapping a £5 million price tag on his head. 

Start negotiations at £5m and go from there, think he’d go for £3/4m though. 

Alnwick

Tav

John

Candeias

Dorrans

Holt

McCrorie

Docherty

Jack

Murphy

I think Wes, Morelos & Windass will be sold to add to the transfer pot.

We aren’t seeing a root and branch clear out of first team regulars like people think we will. The shite will be weeded out with better players coming in to replace them.

I think his first few training sessions he’ll get a shock the standard of players we have , our new 37 year old manager will still be the best player at the club by a country mile , he’ll go from playing box to box creating tackling scoring spectacular goals to trying to coach centre midfielders that can only pass 5 yards to the side if the ball happens to land at them , if the budget allows I only see him keeping Tav , John , candias and the buffalo , if he can install a heart maybe windass 

12 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think he will keep at least the following:-

Tav - unless a £5m bid comes in.

McCrorie

John

Jack

Dorrans

Docherty

Murphy

Windass

Candieas

Morelos - only if a silly money bid does not come in, which it shouldn't.

I think all the others will be surplus to requirements and will be able to go for next to nothing. Fod being the only one who I think will go for decent money.

That statement in bold makes me think your either on class A drugs, or are of a feeble mind.

3 minutes ago, gersandy said:

That statement in bold makes me think your either on class A drugs, or are of a feeble mind.

Or possibly that his most likely destination would be to a place that teams regularly seem to pay sums in the region of £12m for players like Ross McCormack.

10 hours ago, SheriffHood said:

5m for tavernier? He's pish. If mark Allen can get 5m for him and silly money for Morelos, maybe he should be wearing the magic hat. You'd be lucky to get 5m for the two of them.

Wtf is this love in with Tav . I just do not understand it

The guy is a fucking loser  . His record at this club is shameful in big games . And he has played in most , if not all of the most humiliating defeats this club have ever had over the last 3/4 years.

Gerrard will not change him . That is nailed on for me

He simply can not defend . Even Brenda spots this as a weak link and had their full back raping him in our last heavy loss .Get him to fuck

I want winners and captains  that are willing to pull players up for performing shite

Will never forget the attitude of him few weeks ago as the goals were rattling in . He was shameful as a captain

Think of Gough ...... Ferguson ....... Butcher ..... Even think of our rivals captains . Aitken

They would be booting balls, putting the fear in to the defence for being so shite  . Get this imposter to fuck