SPFL trying to cash in on Gerrard

SPFL and Doncaster hoping to double their money on new TV deal now Gerrard is our Manager.  Not surprised really.  Can anyone remember what the current deal gives us?  I recall the tv deals got restructured when we went into Div3.   The other clubs out with them were demanding a more even share having most money previously been dished out between us and celtic.  Dont remember now what the final outcome was and what we get as our cut.

I'm sure we will be committed in the contract to go along with whatever "new deal" they can scrounge up.

I hope we are not missing an opportunity tho, what with us having our own TV channel etc?  Perhaps even just outwith the UK as there will be interest from Gerrrard fans now globally watching on. 

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/spfl-hope-to-almost-double-tv-revenue-with-the-arrival-of-steven-gerrard-at-Rangers/

Liewell became involved for some strange reason , he and Doncaster flew to London to meet sky, they came back with a fantastic deal, yet kept it under wraps.   

Then when we were in the lower divisions we regularly got £7k for our games on sky (even thou we had the biggest viewing figures)  while the Motherwells and Aberdeens made far far more.  

But to answer your question ? Liewell 

51 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Hugh Keevins put out a tweet earlier (now deleted)saying broadcasters were more interested in televising Gerrards first league game with us than the taigs first game of the season :lol:

If Rangers' first league is not live then i'll eat my dick! 

The current deal from BT/SKY gives just under 19m per season with most going to the SPL. With the other deals its about 30m a year of which we get around 2.5m.

Hopefully BT bids on its own and pays a good bit more than the current one and the SPFL actually bother to market it to individual countries rather than just sell it as a block deal to a 3rd party.

We should be targeting Rangers TV to markets where Gerrard has a strong support.

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Hugh Keevins put out a tweet earlier (now deleted)saying broadcasters were more interested in televising Gerrards first league game with us than the taigs first game of the season :lol:

He must have had a liquid lunch to let that one go out :mutley:

2 hours ago, stevotrueblue said:

SPFL and Doncaster hoping to double their money on new TV deal now Gerrard is our Manager.  Not surprised really.  Can anyone remember what the current deal gives us?  I recall the tv deals got restructured when we went into Div3.   The other clubs out with them were demanding a more even share having most money previously been dished out between us and celtic.  Dont remember now what the final outcome was and what we get as our cut.

I'm sure we will be committed in the contract to go along with whatever "new deal" they can scrounge up.

I hope we are not missing an opportunity tho, what with us having our own TV channel etc?  Perhaps even just outwith the UK as there will be interest from Gerrrard fans now globally watching on. 

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/spfl-hope-to-almost-double-tv-revenue-with-the-arrival-of-steven-gerrard-at-Rangers/

Final outcome was they all agreed to take less and give the scum more. ??