Terry butcher

What did Rangers do to this pathetic prick? Other than at worst, overlook him for the managers job when he clearly wasn’t good enough 

everybody outside Scotland has nothing but good things to say about the Gerrard appointment, I even posted the Zidane article that was all positive from his own experiences, yet butcher comes away with comments like this:

Ex-Ipswich and England star Butcher said: “It’s sink or swim in many aspects. Going to 
Rangers as a player is difficult. Going to Rangers as a manager is extremely difficult.

It’s a very brave decision. I think Chris Sutton said that if he doesn’t do well, he might not get a shot at Liverpool, and that’s what he really wants.

If they were equal, it would still be a massive job. If they brought in Stevie, then it might edge Rangers ahead. But they are not equal. They are a long way apart. If celtic move further ahead, if they try to buy like they are planning this summer, then it will be even harder because they are already a long way ahead of Rangers.

well Terry...maybe the guy is looking forward to the challenge! He could probably have waited for a job like Rodgers has, an have people massaging his ego, but maybe he wants to earn people’s respect an take on a real challenge. if he’s successful he will have proved he’s a proper manager not an ex pro like you playing at being a manager. Ever think of that!

i don’t expect our ex players to be biased towards us but i expect that if they have nothing good to say just say nuffin keep the relationship you have with the fans who adored you, prick!

I agree Butcher's a prick and should be removed from the hall of fame (In fact if it were upto me I'd narrow it right down for a lot of their actions, comments, failure to defend us when we needed them) but I don't take too much issue with what he's said there. Most of it I agree with - although I don't know how he knows how celtic are planning to buy this summer? I think I've seen them linked with 3 players, one of which has been on loan with them anyway and one of the other ones is McGinn. Trembling here.

I don't doubt for one minute he'd love to see Gerrard fail either. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

He's not wrong

We will win the league sometime mate player recruitment will decide when it is last seasons team could contest the league with the fenians for 100 year an not win a title but last seasons team is finished! Some of them will still be there an some will be in the 1st 11 but only with a big change in performance of last season an better players amongst them could help

but unless someone has a crystal ball who can tell how recruitment will go other than people within the club, I doubt butcher is privy to anything Rangers do these days

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree Butcher's a prick and should be removed from the hall of fame (In fact if it were upto me I'd narrow it right down for a lot of their actions, comments, failure to defend us when we needed them) but I don't take too much issue with what he's said there. Most of it I agree with - although I don't know how he knows how celtic are planning to buy this summer? I think I've seen them linked with 3 players, one of which has been on loan with them anyway and one of the other ones is McGinn. Trembling here.

I don't doubt for one minute he'd love to see Gerrard fail either. 

He’s trying too hard to put a negative seed of doubt into gerrards mind imo

even the shite about he might never get a chance to manage Liverpool an that’s the job he really wants, well if he’s not got it as a manager he would never get the Liverpool job no matter where he managed anyway

if He’s successful he might well be the next Liverpool manager, what’s wrong with a guy who had an affiliation with the club saying that? To positive? That’s how I see it, I can handle Sutton saying it but I don’t listen to what that wopper says anyway but butcher obviously believes it aswell by quoting him

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

He’s trying too hard to put a negative seed of doubt into gerrards mind imo

even the shite about he might never get a chance to manage Liverpool an that’s the job he really wants, well if he’s not got it as a manager he would never get the Liverpool job no matter where he managed anyway

if He’s successful he might well be the next Liverpool manager, what’s wrong with a guy who had an affiliation with the club saying that? To positive? That’s how I see it

That's fair enough - I can relate to Butcher a wee bit on this one though (not defending him) because I've still got a lot of doubts myself - I can't really bring myself to think in the way you've laid out due to the false dawns, King's lies, no investment forthcoming etc. Gerrard is a good guy, a legend as a player, hard working, ambitious and knowledgeable, but I'm worried that all that might not matter and we need a miracle worker instead. 

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's fair enough - I can relate to Butcher a wee bit on this one though (not defending him) because I've still got a lot of doubts myself - I can't really bring myself to think in the way you've laid out due to the false dawns, King's lies, no investment forthcoming etc. Gerrard is a good guy, a legend as a player, hard working, ambitious and knowledgeable, but I'm worried that all that might not matter and we need a miracle worker instead. 

Listen mate everybody has the same fears, some of us are just fed up feeling that way

but see when you look at the players they have bought an sold for big dosh like wanyama £900,00 foster 1.5m van dyke 2m Dembele £500,000 

we can afford those type of fees it’s up to whoever the fuck is in charge of player recruitment these days at ibrox to find them, that mob have proved they are out there and willing to come to Scotland 

i know when I played football I loved the challenge of playing the top of the league team, when it wisne us? you always tried more, it just felt as if there was more at stake if you beat them 

i honestly don’t think a decent player would not come to Rangers because we are a good bit behind them, in fact it would be a blessing cos we don’t want anymore players scared of sellic, I’d think we are capable of putting a good squad together, relatively cheaper than the 20-30m some people think it will take, that will relish the challenge to take our title back

16 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

As much as it pains me considering his behaviour towards us recently Terry deserves his spot in the HOF....by god did he earn it

Aye, then threw it all away by becoming a bitter fat wank. He has fuck all respect for us. 

Was my fucking hero when he fired in that header at pittodrie. Now he’s just another horrible cunt that puts the boot in at every opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Listen mate everybody has the same fears, some of us are just fed up feeling that way

but see when you look at the players they have bought an sold for big dosh like wanyama £900,00 foster 1.5m van dyke 2m Dembele £500,000 

we can afford those type of fees it’s up to whoever the fuck is in charge of player recruitment these days at ibrox to find them, that mob have proved they are out there and willing to come to Scotland 

i know when I played football I loved the challenge of playing the top of the league team, when it wisne us? you always tried more, it just felt as if there was more at stake if you beat them 

i honestly don’t think a decent player would not come to Rangers because we are a good bit behind them, in fact it would be a blessing cos we don’t want anymore players scared of sellic, I’d think we are capable of putting a good squad together, relatively cheaper than the 20-30m some people think it will take, that will relish the challenge to take our title back

Disagree - will take 20 million minimum as we need a complete new team unless there’s 8 or 9 top drawer Bosmans out there for us 

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Disagree - will take 20 million minimum as we need a complete new team unless there’s 8 or 9 top drawer Bosmans out there for us 

There will be about 5 loans I’d  say hopefully with Gerrard we won’t get the shite ones, the same amount of decent buys along with greegs, arfield an Murphy would be 13 many u think we need? 

Some of last seasons team will still be here absolutely no chance of a completely new starting 11 imo

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Some of last seasons team will still be here absolutely no chance of a completely new starting 11 imo

There’s absolutely no reason why not provided there’s a desire to get rid 

I don’t think that will happen either for what it’s worth but it’s still what we need regardless - I’m not saying you or anyone in particular but a feel good factor with a Gerrard appointment and the time factor really makes people forget just how bad we are and exactly what we need - we shouldn’t lose track of any of that and start thinking some of these players are worth one more chance - they aren’t - they are some of the most pathetic footballers I’ve ever seen thanks to McCoist, Warburton, Pedro and Murty/Mark Allen along with Kings idea of investment levels 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

There’s absolutely no reason why not provided there’s a desire to get rid 

I don’t think that will happen either for what it’s worth but it’s still what we need regardless - I’m not saying you or anyone in particular but a feel good factor with a Gerrard appointment and the time factor really makes people forget just how bad we are and exactly what we need - we shouldn’t lose track of any of that and start thinking some of these players are worth one more chance - they aren’t - they are some of the most pathetic footballers I’ve ever seen thanks to McCoist, Warburton, Pedro and Murty/Mark Allen along with Kings idea of investment levels 

Regarding last seasons team mate let’s face it some of them got made to look worse than they are, it as plain as the nose on your face for some people, an others will need a lot more convincing.

without going into too much detail that bawbag Russell Martin let on that it was hard being a Rangers player last year, I assume he means the team spirit wasn’t there, certain players were unhappy, unqualified manager way out his depth all the things we can only hope won’t happen this year time will tell but I’m optimistic, more out of desperation I’ll admit, I can’t want till we put they fuckpigs in their place

Mate fs ? I’m gonna say well done just for remembering where that shite all came from ??

I could name 6 I’d be more than happy to keep, if we attract better then I’d also be happy for them to become squad players, I’ve said this before, I don’t think the first 11 are the main issue we have, it’s the shite that couldn’t take their place that are really killing us imo.

He's hardly put the boot in and his assessment imo is fairly accurate on every point.

Butcher has been a knob previously and put the boot in, no doubt.  But here he's giving an honest assessment of a very difficult situation for SG. I'm happier with that than making it all seem rosy with delusions about how great it'll be and raising expectations of a simple turnaround in fortunes.

If wee Neil McCann for instance had made the same remarks imo most folk would likely say they liked him for that fairness and honesty. As they do when he is a commentator. So tbh I reckon it's about the fact Butcher has said it that upsets the OP which is fair enough as long as you accept it's a personal thing, not what's been said.

celtic will strengthen of that there is no doubt and a lot will depend on how well they do that. Frankly the celtic team that beat us last season was not a great one and if we make decent signings ( and that's a big if given recent transfer windows ) it should be close.

Butcher knows all about management failure. Perhaps hes just moist at the thought of a big name failing . Uncle tom butcher is correct about a career  killer but its hardly a revolutionary or original thought. Sole purpose of this piece is shit stirring. But some lap shit up.