Candeias

G.E.C.

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don’t understand the hate Candeias gets all the time tbh. We’ve moaned about having absolute shit bags who don’t care for years but you certainly can’t say that about him. He maybe lacks a little bit of quality but a player with his work rate is still a valuable player to have around the squad.

It's because we've got a lot of complete spanners posting on the board.

He's not perfect, we couldn't afford him if he was. He's a good, solid pro who brings a better balance to the team and works his ass off for 90 minutes every time.

Our front three were excellent tonight. Must-have been 3 or 4 times Candeias pressed their full back and it ended up deflecting off their player. In Europe if Flanagan is at LB we need Candeias on the right to give Tav the licence to get forward especially away from home.

• 4 weeks later...

I think he has to start at the piggery. He's probably the fittest player at the club and hasn't been used to excess like most of our midfield. Only played 45 minutes today as well. Him and Tav on the right, Flanagan and Barisic down the left.....looks possibly our strongest options?

13 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I think he has to start at the piggery. He's probably the fittest player at the club and hasn't been used to excess like most of our midfield. Only played 45 minutes today as well. Him and Tav on the right, Flanagan and Barisic down the left.....looks possibly our strongest options?

Him and Tav on right.

Barisic on left with anyone bar Flanagan. Think I'll greet if I see him in the starting 11.

11 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Agree with all of this .....100%

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Him and Tav on right.

Barisic on left with anyone bar Flanagan. Think I'll greet if I see him in the starting 11.

I know, but the only other realistic options as far as I see are: Wallace (lack of match sharpness & fitness) at LB with Barisic wide left. OR Halliday. Will he throw Worrall in as a back 3 for such a big game?? Highly doubtful.

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Agree with all of this .....100%

:tu: 

7 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I know, but the only other realistic options as far as I see are: Wallace (lack of match sharpness & fitness) at LB with Barisic wide left. OR Halliday. Will he throw Worrall in as a back 3 for such a big game?? Highly doubtful.

:tu: 

Barisic left back. Arfield left mid. Jack and Coulibaly in the centre. Sweet ?

Complete waste of a jersey , still can't beat a man was one on one twice today and turns back! Then up the other end turns his back when one of their players had a shot, substituted again for the 5th time this season yet to play 90 mins. Never played away to the sheep or Motherwell but people want this shitebag to play against the scum,you need your head examined

3 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Not a chance Flanagan will play 

2 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Complete waste of a jersey , still can't beat a man was one on one twice today and turns back! Then up the other end turns his back when one of their players had a shot, substituted again for the 5th time this season yet to play 90 mins. Never played away to the sheep or Motherwell but people want this shitebag to play against the scum,you need your head examined

Amen. Waste of a winger.

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Most assists in the entire league last season yet he's still shite :lol:

This season has lost his man twice and cost us but will stick by him plus SG making him captain.

Not downing him he was the only player to step up after coming up from championship imo.

Can only get better under SG that's a given.

11 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

This season has lost his man twice and cost us but will stick by him plus SG making him captain.

Not downing him he was the only player to step up after coming up from championship imo.

Can only get better under SG that's a given.

Different players mate, the thread's about Candeias :lol: 

4 hours ago, Marky. said:

He's a dream player in a European tie.

His energy levels and selflessness are admirable. The latter, something I wish he'd teach his pal Morelos.

This is a decent point. He wont be up against teams playing 10 behind the ball in Europe and will have that space to run into