Candeias

G.E.C.

What he lacks in quality at times he doesn’t half make up for in terms of attitude. I thought it was a master stroke from SG playing him in the role as opposed to Murphy. The lad that caused us problems in the first leg was really quiet tonight and a lot of that was down to Candeias. How many times does he come from nowhere and sprint for a press up the top end of the pitch as well. Managers dream. 

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Absolutely superb tonight, work rate was different class. Kept their left back and best player quiet all night. 

He reminds me so much of Novo.

He runs himself in to the ground and has a desire to win we have lacked for so long. I am glad Gerrard has him in his plans.

14 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Was a toss up between him, McGregor, Katic and Morelos for man of the match tonight.

Honorable mention for Coulibaly and Jack who did a power of work as well.

Not overly sold on Ejaria yet.

Ejaria is really raw but I think he can do well for us, isn’t afraid to get on the ball but his decision making has been poor so far

17 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Was a toss up between him, McGregor, Katic and Morelos for man of the match tonight.

Honorable mention for Coulibaly and Jack who did a power of work as well.

Not overly sold on Ejaria yet.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Ejaria is really raw but I think he can do well for us, isn’t afraid to get on the ball but his decision making has been poor so far

I said in another thread, i thought some of Ejaria's link up play was brilliant, and he looks to have a good understanding with Kent. 

Definitely raw thought, i agree.

Candeias was outstanding.  He should be our starting RW from here on out.  Windass can't play those wide areas (in fact I can't see where he fits in at all).  Candeias and Kent work extremely hard defensively and that's going to be key to making this 4-3-3 high pressing system work.  Middleton did very well at the weekend and ran himself ragged too I can see him pushing for a spot.  

The boy has a phenomenal engine on him and never gives up. His only downside is that he tends to be inconsistent at getting crosses into the box. Would run through brick walls for us. Having said that, I actually thought he looked ordinary, compared to the rest of the team in spells in that second half. I just think that shows you how far our squad has come. He should become a big player for us this season.

They had a 'best player'? I thought they were utter shite if I am honest.  If we had taken even half of our chances we would have won it.  Their goal was just one of those thing and was always going to take that kind of chance to get a goal past us tonight.

I was really nervous before the game but our defending was really brilliant and had full confidence we'd see it out at the end.  Candeias was my MOTM  with Katic a close second.

3 minutes ago, kanjo said:

They had a 'best player'? I thought they were utter shite if I am honest.  If we had taken even half of our chances we would have won it.  Their goal was just one of those thing and was always going to take that kind of chance to get a goal past us tonight.

I was really nervous before the game but our defending was really brilliant and had full confidence we'd see it out at the end.  Candeias was my MOTM  with Katic a close second.

They're far from utter shite tbh, they're a decent side. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

More than happy to admit that... but we made them look a very ordinary team the past two weeks.  Really should have buried them tonight.  A real shame but oh well we're through and we are looking solid :guiness:

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Would take their CB with the baldy patch and the blonde boy who played out wide.

Some decent players indeed.

As for Candeias his work rate was immense, he can really change the momentum of a game with the influence he has on the support. Drives us forward without the ball. 

Typically full of energy. As soon as he was replaced, Windass didn't get close enough to the man on the right and they scored from it.

Another thing, Ryan Kent, he may not get much praise, he wasn't exactly immense in his play, but his desire and work-rate was fantastic. Even at the very end, he was sprinting down the wing just to chase the ball and win a throw in. His energy on one side with Candeias' on the other made it much easier for our shaky fullbacks.

40 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Candeias gets fucking slated on here all the time but honestly if our entire team had his work rate and ethic we wouldn’t have lost so many stupid points last year. Thankfully Gerrard has brought in guys who match his hunger and desire

Speaking of that Osijek left back , fucking sign him up btw. 25 years old, capped 3 times by Croatia, looked their best player by far 

Don’t understand the hate Candeias gets all the time tbh. We’ve moaned about having absolute shit bags who don’t care for years but you certainly can’t say that about him. He maybe lacks a little bit of quality but a player with his work rate is still a valuable player to have around the squad.