Jamie Murphy

KingKirk

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Hope his recovery goes well. A saving grace for us is that it happened whilst the transfer window is still open.

Personally I think it's more important to get another CH in, along with one if not two strikers than to replace Murphy.

I'm comfortable with Middleton left, Candeais right, and Kent being able to play either flank.

But if we do look to replace I have to say the boy Jones yesterday showed enough to suggest he's worth seriously considering.

I think they should just give us Jones as compensation

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

The owners of these pitches should pay the players wages for the duration of their time out and rehab costs.

I can’t get my head around the acceptance of the situation. Sure everyone is pissed off, gutted and grumbling but for me more than that has to happen here (and I’m talking about from the club). JM could miss a season and who knows the longer term implications to the guys career, we need to keep paying his wages and replace him. 

I was desperate to see our players off that surface at the weekend, it’s not fucking right.

Imagine (i know) they qualified to play a big European game, you can imagine the opposing outfit going, fuck off to that. 

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

The owners of these pitches should pay the players wages for the duration of their time out and rehab costs.

It would certainly make the financial benefits of having the plastic pitch seem less attractive (possibly more costly and make them rethink it).

24 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Could it be proven it is the pitch that injured Murphy or is that just too far fetched?

The said on H+H last night that the Americans done a lot of studies into the likely hood of being injured on that type of pitch (and you can bet they’d be good versions) and concluded you are more likely. 

Not saying that could be used as proof as such but I’m just amazed they are allowed to use and the other clubs (us included) aren’t kicking off to fuck. 

As I said earlier would a top European team allow a top player on it? Would they fuck and once that’s accepted it’s not fit for purpose. 

Is it unimaginable if a players career was ended on that type of surface that someone will end up in court with said player?

1 hour ago, markem said:

I can’t get my head around the acceptance of the situation. Sure everyone is pissed off, gutted and grumbling but for me more than that has to happen here (and I’m talking about from the club). JM could miss a season and who knows the longer term implications to the guys career, we need to keep paying his wages and replace him. 

I was desperate to see our players off that surface at the weekend, it’s not fucking right.

Imagine (i know) they qualified to play a big European game, you can imagine the opposing outfit going, fuck off to that. 

yup...bad loss, and with dorrans out as well we cannot afford any new injury's 

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

Apparently out for 6 months.

Ouch, we do not seem to get two weekers that's Murphy/Dorrans and Jack all missed/ going to miss huge chunks of the season, Ryan Jack is stronger than ever lets hope the other two return in the same way.

I've already said I can understand the financial reasons for clubs using synthetic pitches but it's time for the SFA/SPFL to grow a set and instruct all clubs that if they want to play at the top level in this country they must have a grass surface. This is to protect players and protect the integrity of our game, UEFA should be doing the same, any club wishing to participate in their competitions should have a grass park, but I won't hold my breath on that.

3 hours ago, True Hair Bear said:

They don't how long he will out yet until the swelling goes down https://twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1031569175062503424?s=19

It seems that Stevie G does not know it is six months, I wonder where that came from ?? :confused:

3 hours ago, markem said:

UFA FC play on a plastic pitch, not sure how common they are across Europe but I'd ban them completely

that fuckin cheating prick Broadfoot was at centre of everything injuring our players, Murphy's too,hurt fod and Gold tae wi his dirty cheating. was at it the whole game.same as last year when he stamped on Jack and ended up getting him sent off! I don't think I've hated an ex ger player as much as I hate that prick,hope someone decks him when they see him out and about somewhere 

5 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

UFA FC play on a plastic pitch, not sure how common they are across Europe but I'd ban them completely

Up here in the Faroes we have problems keeping grass pitches.. The pitch in the National Stadium got replaced with an artificial pitch (high quality) and its very good... the grass pitch was a total mess as the weather is just too shit for it. There will be lots of teams across Europe having the same problems.

2 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

that fuckin cheating prick Broadfoot was at centre of everything injuring our players, Murphy's too,hurt fod and Gold tae wi his dirty cheating. was at it the whole game.same as last year when he stamped on Jack and ended up getting him sent off! I don't think I've hated an ex ger player as much as I hate that prick,hope someone decks him when they see him out and about somewhere 

Horrible bastard. 

Learned that you do whatever it takes to win though.