What's This Nonsense From Gers Fans On Here Wanting cellic To Go Through Tonight ?

tannerall

I am torn on it.

There are good reasons for us to want them in it, namely them having to also play sunday-thurdsay football, and the co-efficient.

There is also a very good reason for wanting them to get fucked out of the cup.  Simply because it's the tarriers.

Just now, gogzy said:

I am torn on it.

There are good reasons for us to want them in it, namely them having to also play sunday-thurdsay football, and the co-efficient.

There is also a very good reason for wanting them to get fucked out of the cup.  Simply because it's the tarriers.

absolutely 100% fuck the coefficient gogzy 

21 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Two reasons, coefficent and most importantly us playing Thursdays we will always be playing Sundays now after Europe, we can’t afford to give them extra days to put pressure on us. 

Still, is piss myself laughing if they did get put out the night. 

This. It's not about wanting to see them win, it's about them having the same schedule as us imo. 

Plus, 6 more games in Europe is 6 more potential humpings for them ? 

20 minutes ago, shaka said:

I don't want them to go through but if they do it would benefit us if they get a horrible group, have to travel all over Europe, get pumped by every team they play and come back tired and demotivated for the domestic games.  Also makes no difference if they earn a bit of money whilst getting thrashed in Europe as their board and manager are incapable of spending it properly!

Have you forgot about the disco lights ? ???

If we ever want to compete financially with them, we need to be earning more than they do. So us getting potentially £10m and them not, would be brilliant. 

I can see the argument about the extra games, but we could afford to rotate the squad against pish in the spl and maybe strengthen further in January depending on results. 

I've said before about the coefficient, and i only think that's relevant if we were both on a level playing field financially, and until then it can go fuck itself tbh.

37 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The main reason seems to be it would tire them out.  

If they go through they stay in Europe, keeps their fans happy for now, generates them a lot of money, gives them a good chance of one or two glamour ties, and an opportunity for their players to impress in Europe. 

If they go out they lose the money, lose any chance of a glamour game for the season, and probably cause their players to lose interest, some might even want away.

And of course their fans would go ballistic putting more pressure on their team, manager and the club itself. 

They would have fewer games,but the attendance would plummet in those they had.

Anyone still want them to go through ? I certainly don't. 

I want the taigs out.

The whole thing about them going through was almost as embarrassing as our fans that said they would rather we win on Sunday than go through tonight.

We will have pressure on us playing Thurs / Sun if they weren’t but never ever want them to win, ever!  The meltdown of us being in it, them not, no European football, selling Dumbellend, not buying anyone.....the meltdown would be fantastic to watch.  They’ll go through though. 

41 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That wee prick Gollum from the bbc, spluttering through gritted teeth telling us we had qualified. ??

He was not a happy rabbit that is for sure, if they went out tonight it would be great watching him tomorrow night. ? Unfortunately they do not even need to score tonight so cannot see them not going through. ☹️

Just noticed they have turned down the bid for the £40M man.