What's This Nonsense From Gers Fans On Here Wanting cellic To Go Through Tonight ?

tannerall

I don't want them to go through but if they do it would benefit us if they get a horrible group, have to travel all over Europe, get pumped by every team they play and come back tired and demotivated for the domestic games.  Also makes no difference if they earn a bit of money whilst getting thrashed in Europe as their board and manager are incapable of spending it properly!

Just now, Gazza1212 said:

Can't agree with that all . Watching those horrible bastards fail comes a close second to watching us win.

Us playing 6 extra games with them playing before us every weekend would be ŕeally tough for us

I'm certainly not going to be cheering them on but them going through helps us

Look... the money they make certainly isn't enough for there inflated egos and wage bill so that dosent bother me, give them the same game time as us, the last thing we need is picking up injuries and fatigue whilst they sit in the house with their feet up getting the chance to play before us and put pressure on our game on a Sunday.....getting to the group stages is a positive story for our club but it will mean jack shit if they cruise to 8iar, we need every advantage we can get to stop that .....if that means them in the Europa league then so be it......anyone that believes this will also appease their mutant fan base are kidding themselves on as I can honestly see their gates being as low as 30k for group games.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

we now have a team that could push all the way. 

I think if we want to win the league we need them playing Thursday-Sunday unfortunately. 

Spot on, it will be to much to ask if they get to Christmas with their feet up and we start getting injuries and suspensions, they will get fucked in the group stages anyway?

16 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The main reason seems to be it would tire them out.  

If they go through they stay in Europe, keeps their fans happy for now, generates them a lot of money, gives them a good chance of one or two glamour ties, and an opportunity for their players to impress in Europe. 

If they go out they lose the money, lose any chance of a glamour game for the season, and probably cause their players to lose interest, some might even want away.

And of course their fans would go ballistic putting more pressure on their team, manager and the club itself. 

They would have fewer games,but the attendance would plummet in those they had.

Anyone still want them to go through ? I certainly don't. 

Absolutely.

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Us playing 6 extra games with them playing before us every weekend would be ŕeally tough for us

I'm certainly not going to be cheering them on but them going through helps us

Not blind to the logic but I can't help myself, I fucking love watching their pain however it happens.

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Don't talk absolute pish

It's not pish. Us having 6 games more than them with a Thursday-Sunday schedule is a huge advantage to them

1 minute ago, Gazza1212 said:

Not blind to the logic but I can't help myself, I fucking love watching their pain however it happens.

I don't disagree with that mate and I"d find it hilarious if they lost tonight