Reply to Stewart Robertson from Susan Aitken

jintybear

Because the pitch at the sport venue across from Ibrox, is a council run building, then these bassas can say no to anything because Rangers want to use it.

On the other hand, they trip over themselves to try and make the paedo dome look good by giving them all and sundry. Disco lights, free land and so on

I don't think there is anything else around Ibrox that can be used, that doesn't belong to the council, that is big enough to hold

such an event due to the amount of fans we have at the games.

Do Rangers own the Edmiston House? Can they knock it down and make more room to extend the fan zone already there?  

Doesn't change the fact that taigs on the council can't wait to stop anything Rangers wish to do.

On 31/08/2018 at 22:44, Dave Donnellan said:

I've had enough of the halfwits on this board and will now go back to supporting Stoke. A proper football tam rather than a half-arsed pseudo-religion.

You idiots are unbelievable - not a life between you other than taking affront at every perceived slight.  Grow up and join the 21st Century rather than being stuck in the 17th.

There's been one or two reasonable folk I've swapped posts with but the neanderthals are starting to outstrip the normals.

Did you end up here on your way to Kerryfail street?

7 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

In all honesty. I must be missing something here, a fan zone in pishing rain on a dreary January against St Mirren sounds pure shite.

Thats not the point though , we should be being treated the same as everyone else and at least have the option to have a fan zone . 

GLASGOW City council leader Susan Aitken has been told she “diminished herself” after accusing rival politicians of “exploiting sectarian division.”

Her comments come amid the Rangers fan zone row which saw the leader and her deputy, David McDonald, back plans for a fan zone at Hampden, but not one for Ibrox.

Naming rival politicians online, Ms Aitken said: “The role of [them] in knowingly exploiting sectarian division on this issue can’t be ignored. They are responsible for stoking the abuse directed at me, David McDonald and his family and council officers. They bring shame on Glasgow politics.”

A raging Alex Cole-Hamilton, Scottish Liberal Democrat MSP, labelled her comments as “a desperate and ugly thing to say.”

He added: “I know each of the people you’ve tagged. Very well in some cases and whilst our politics are different I’ve always been struck by their unswerving determination to stamp out prejudice. You’ve diminished yourself today, Susan.”

Ms Aitken hit back: “Do you know what’s desperate and ugly? My colleague has had death threats. His family have been subject to personal abuse. And it all began when those elected politicians chose to publicly endorse false claims about footballing bias, without any of them checking the facts.”

Mr Cole-Hamilton then continued: “Abuse and threatening behaviour is never acceptable on any side. Good lord there’s enough of it about in Scottish public discourse right now. You lead the biggest city in our country. Resorting to that kind of accusation is frankly beneath you and harms your argument.”

On Sunday, the council denied Mr McDonald breached data protection during a social media row on the fan zone issue.

He used Twitter on Saturday evening to try to shed light on his position.

But he was criticised for sharing screen grabs of emails from Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson and also from Glasgow Life.

However, a council spokeswoman said: “We are satisfied that there has been no data breach.”

As previously reported by the Evening Times, Mr McDonald denied intervening to prevent the Rangers fan zone from going ahead.

He issued a statement after heavy criticism of Glasgow Life’s decision to stop the club using the Ibrox Football Centre for a fan zone pilot before a match on August 12.

Mr McDonald said: “I strongly refute any and all allegations of incorrectly influencing a decision based on the football team I happen to support.

“I have never made a council or political decision based on the team I support.

“Neither I nor the council leader has any issue with the proposed fan zone at the Ibrox Football Complex, and I would welcome fresh efforts by Rangers Football Club to persuade the local community of their plans.”

(So fan zone could still be a goer according to the council , aye very fuckin good Mr McDonald ) 

22 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Aitken hit back: “Do you know what’s desperate and ugly? My colleague has had death threats. His family have been subject to personal abuse. And it all began when those elected politicians chose to publicly endorse false claims about footballing bias, without any of them checking the facts.”

Death threat bingo

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:44, Dave Donnellan said:

I've had enough of the halfwits on this board and will now go back to supporting Stoke. A proper football tam rather than a half-arsed pseudo-religion.

You idiots are unbelievable - not a life between you other than taking affront at every perceived slight.  Grow up and join the 21st Century rather than being stuck in the 17th.

There's been one or two reasonable folk I've swapped posts with but the neanderthals are starting to outstrip the normals.

:dance:Gawn yersel Dan.

ET reporting on a new application for ground next to the piggery.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16692422.ambitious-plans-to-transform-vacant-land-beside-celtic-park/

Note this phrase: “social hub during the day with the spaces being offered to local groups and organisations for them to utilise.”  So a Fanzone then ?

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16692422.ambitious-plans-to-transform-vacant-land-beside-celtic-park/

Note this phrase: “social hub during the day with the spaces being offered to local groups and organisations for them to utilise.”  So a Fanzone then ?

Thought the very same earlier when I read it ,also who are they gonna house within these new 20k new homes 

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:00, Bobby Hume said:

?

A good piece it is mate ... he just didn't follow through with an actual mention of the scum being looked on more favourably concerning their fan zone area ... or the participation of GCC in trying to secretly gift them the land to allow this to go through.

.... still GR has to be commended for at least helping the Club and others for bringing this nepotism/bigotry into the public eye .... had he included the funds and special considerations that have been flowing by the bucket load towards them it would have been a great article .... pity.

I:UK:

He would be sacked in the morning . He is probably only getting away with this . As it is crystal clear they totally fucked up.

I have spoke to Ralston . He is an apologist wank

56 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Why even bother with application just start building for fucksake. It would be interesting to work out just how much land the council have sold them over the years. As previous post says Ibrox area is a shiteheap and on a par with govanhill. 

They are clearly not spending a bean on it mate .  don't care what anyone says . They are doing everything they can think of to make our Stadium from the outside look as ugly as fuck .

The whole scumdome area is being continually upgraded and manicured  . Everywhere you look , our area is being left as it was 20 years ago.

Except for those ugly as fuck flats that they are putting up .That is a monolith monstrosity . Done deliberately for me .

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Don't think this is anything to do with them (yet, probably end up getting gifted it)

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

They are clearly not spending a bean on it mate .  don't care what anyone says . They are doing everything they can think of to make our Stadium from the outside look as ugly as fuck .

The whole scumdome area is being continually upgraded and manicured  . Everywhere you look , our area is being left as it was 20 years ago.

Except for those ugly as fuck flats that they are putting up .That is a monolith monstrosity . Done deliberately for me .

And that's before you take into account the GCC authorised hotel at the scum place.  Now a hotel there would be dead outwith the nights involving match days. So pretty unsustainable.

However if you build in the business from a neighbouring sports venue then suddenly it becomes a more attractive proposition.....

Likely they'll ensure the hotel's function suites are to the specification to suit that required by GCC to ensure that repeat business continues.

Whereas over at neglected Ibrox and Govan....