Reply to Stewart Robertson from Susan Aitken

jintybear

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Getting this highlighted in the papers and backed by other political figures hardly shouts of apathy. 

The 2nd City of Empire a former Presbyterian stronghold being run by romanists for near 50 years reeks of apathy. The Rangers are the Establishment eleven, Presbyterian ethics to the core, the City and The Rangers are synonymous, apathy has seen us and the City cede power to romanist immigrants. 

3 minutes ago, backup said:

The 2nd City of Empire a former Presbyterian stronghold being run by romanists for near 50 years reeks of apathy. The Rangers are the Establishment eleven, Presbyterian ethics to the core, the City and The Rangers are synonymous, apathy has seen us and the City cede power to romanist immigrants. 

?? so it’s all Rangers fans fault that the taigs have took over Glasgow. 

1 minute ago, backup said:

You appear to have difficulty understanding plain English, strange you see being under the romanist heel as a laughing matter.

As usual ?? just the same pish from you. 

I have a major problem with taig republican cunts running my life, but I’m not going  to lay the blame for that at the door of my fellow support when we have became a lot more aware in the last few years and there is a multitude of reasons for the state we find this country in. 

Strange that your first port of call on all these debates is have a swipe at us, very starnge indeed. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As usual ?? just the same pish from you. 

I have a major problem with taig republican cunts running my life, but I’m not going  to lay the blame for that at the door of my fellow support when we have became a lot more aware in the last few years and there is a multitude of reasons for the state we find this country in. 

Strange that your first port of call on all these debates is have a swipe at us, very starnge indeed. 

You are obviously unable to discern between Presbyterian and Rangers supporters apathy although inextricably linked , I wouldn’t give your opinion validity by entertaining it, once you understand the result of years of apathy, which is staring you in the face I doubt you will be laughing.

2 minutes ago, backup said:

You are obviously unable to discern between Presbyterian and Rangers supporters apathy although inextricably linked , I wouldn’t give your opinion validity by entertaining it, once you understand the result of years of apathy, which is staring you in the face I doubt you will be laughing.

?? So the Rangers voting support are to blame for the rise of the republican element in our political system. 

No one else?

No other reason for that rise?

Just us? 

Yes apathy has played a part but to claim the blame for that apathy lies solely with us is nonsense  

Honestly mate I might not agree with you on some your posts but I never thought you were stupid. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It's a football forum and the language and comments can be colourful.  I include myself in that so why would I complain?  But Not once, ever has one of the forum called me a cunt. (Not that I've seen anyway :lol:)

It was a first for me too!! Never lost one wink of sleep over it though!

3 hours ago, gsa said:

Thats the main thing I got. Very aggressive reply. Laying her cards on the table. 

The most important thing to remember when dealing with Glasgow City Council is, a former Lord Provost (of a certain persuasion) having a picture of Colonel Gaddafi in his office. That's the "type" you are dealing with. 

When the figurehead of a civic body in a city in Britain, feels the need to glorify a despotic mentalist, a rapist, a torturer and a murderer and that glorification goes unchallenged, you know you're dealing with something a little more than just an inept council.  

I'm absolutely sure that the hero worship of Gaddafi had nothing to do with his providing arms for the IRA...

It was bad enough when it was just the Glasgow lhabour mhob you were dealing with but now it's cabal of them and the natzi's, terrorist minded must be in their element amongst them, as I said that letter is just another fuck you, what a fucking joke that fat fuckng mess is basically threatening anybody. 

3 hours ago, Malvern said:

blue fin can be a cunt at times and he knows it, but I am sure he will take your apology and move along.

Yes I am Malvern, but taigy Dave's apology is as genuine as those we've heard from taigs before, not worth the pixels they're written in.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

It's a load of shite, ask why Glasgiw city council bend over backwards for them when it comes to handing over tax payers money, selling them cheap land and pulling down a listed school all just so they could have ownership.

Tell them we want edminston drive shut and made into a walkway and if they refuse just go all out war with the council as they allowed them to build a stadium so high they had to pull down houses that were not war marked to be pulled down. Who gave them permission in the 90's for a stadium too big for the land they had? Ffs it over hangs the graveyard and blocked directed sunlight into houses behind the Rangers end which were pulled down just for them.

Ask the nationalist cow when we are gonna get a Church of Scotland/ Protestant lord provost as it catholic after catholic  and a Jew who went to a catholic school for 40 years until they got in and now we have a bloody Swedish lord provost.  

Ask her why this is the case and it's clear bigotory within the council 

We're the majority - we vote them in. 

1 hour ago, backup said:

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

?? So the Rangers voting support are to blame for the rise of the republican element in our political system. 

No one else?

No other reason for that rise?

Just us? 

Yes apathy has played a part but to claim the blame for that apathy lies solely with us is nonsense  

Honestly mate I might not agree with you on some your posts but I never thought you were stupid. 

Simple to understand from the first post above, and of course not all fans of The Rangers are Unionists or Presbyterian, however that anomaly is for another day.

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Quite a good piece about it from Gary Ralston . Couldn't find it to copy and paste , so had to ' borrow ' it from FF . 

2411s9y.jpg

Council's backtracking over Rangers fanzone is of Olympic standard - Gary Ralston

Gary has criticised the handling of the fanzone by the SNP-run council.

Glasgow has built a reputation as being one of the world’s most fan-friendly sporting cities.

If wriggling and backtracking were Olympic sports they’d also attract a capacity crowd to the City Chambers to run the rule over world-class performances by council leader Susan Aitken and deputy David McDonald.

Hampden Park was a proud venue for the Commonwealth Games in 2014, hosted the recent European Championships to great acclaim and has welcomed world-class events across a range of sports including gymnastics, athletics and tennis.

But the council’s farcical and highly questionable handling of the Rangers fan-zone application, first raised in these pages, has raised serious issues about their integrity and motives and may even have breached the official code of conduct.

Tory MSP Adam Tomkins has now written to the commissioner for ethical standards in public life and lodged a formal complaint on behalf of Rangers , asking that office to investigate the actions of his SNP rivals.

Aitken has a cheek – correctly championing better fan engagement at Hampden, part of her Langside ward, while denying Rangers supporters a similar experience.

One colleague attempted to play a ridiculous gender card in defence of Aitken – but neither protagonist has addressed the principal issue.

Why did Aitken and McDonald meet with local councillor Stephen Dornan on the evening of August 1 and what was said?

The next morning Rangers were informed by Glasgow Life the city leaders had denied them access to the Ibrox Community Complex and therefore an application for a public entertainments licence, due to be heard on August 6, had to be scrapped.

Dornan’s emotional appeals would carry more weight had he done anything in office to improve arguably the worst playing surface of its type in the city.

Not only is its astro like sandpaper, claims a fanzone would deny local kids the chance to use it on matchdays have been blown out the water – with only 11 youth-related bookings when Gers are at home since last June.

Dornan also claimed local business, especially pubs, will lose out – a fan zone is expected to cost Rangers money, while fans would be expected to pay up to £4.80 for a pint, with an alcohol licence already agreed.

Rangers fans have pointed a finger at the celtic leanings of McDonald and Dornan and tweets from the former have been crass and ill-fitting of someone in public office.

The SNP, a minority administration on Glasgow Council, needs all their councillors on board to keep their administration running smoothly and concessions occasionally have to be made.

This has been a serious and flawed error of political judgment by Aitken and McDonald that may yet have more serious consequences.

The council say a statement on July 27 supports their claim Glasgow Life already withdrew support but that was rubbished by the club.

Neither Rangers nor their lawyers received any such notification and licensing officials were still issuing papers to members in the run-up to an August 6 meeting.

Rangers claim if permission had been withdrawn earlier the licensing board, meeting only to discuss the fan zone application, would have been scrapped sooner.

“People Make Glasgow”. They’ve forgotten two little words at the end: “Look Bad”.

------------------------

Should be; fenians make Glasgow bad.

3 hours ago, gmcf said:

Quite a good piece about it from Gary Ralston . Couldn't find it to copy and paste , so had to ' borrow ' it from FF . 

?

A good piece it is mate ... he just didn't follow through with an actual mention of the scum being looked on more favourably concerning their fan zone area ... or the participation of GCC in trying to secretly gift them the land to allow this to go through.

.... still GR has to be commended for at least helping the Club and others for bringing this nepotism/bigotry into the public eye .... had he included the funds and special considerations that have been flowing by the bucket load towards them it would have been a great article .... pity.

I:UK:

21 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Glasgow has been run by catholics who detest everything about Rangers for decades and will do anything they can to fuck the club up .

This is why we need to start beating the scum bastards it's the only way we can hurt them. I fucking hate the sight of the dirty child molesting pedo bastards.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

A good piece it is mate ... he just didn't follow through with an actual mention of the scum being looked on more favourably concerning their fan zone area ... or the participation of GCC in trying to secretly gift them the land to allow this to go through.

.... still GR has to be commended for at least helping the Club and others for bringing this nepotism/bigotry into the public eye .... had he included the funds and special considerations that have been flowing by the bucket load towards them it would have been a great article .... pity.

I:UK:

Yes , I agree he could well have mentioned the more favourable conditions being offered to them . To be fair , he may not have wanted to dilute his points and concentrate on the snp's treatment of Rangers .

I quite like the fact he was subtle . I usually ridicule articles from the likes of English , Keevins et all , because all they do is come across as fans with typewriters . Sometimes being more subtle gives articles more substance and validity than English and Keevins could ever muster as Gary Ralston did here . 

43 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Yes , I agree he could well have mentioned the more favourable conditions being offered to them . To be fair , he may not have wanted to dilute his points and concentrate on the snp's treatment of Rangers .

I quite like the fact he was subtle . I usually ridicule articles from the likes of English , Keevins et all , because all they do is come across as fans with typewriters . Sometimes being more subtle gives articles more substance and validity than English and Keevins could ever muster as Gary Ralston did here . 

?

Good post .... and yes , I'll give you all of that ... hopefully this type of article is the start of a tidal shift in our favour  .... not before time that's for sure mate.

:UK:

Her depute, McDonald, has now tweeted emails between himself and Robertson. Bizarrely, he's blacked out his own email address, but not Robertson's. Highly irregular of a councillor to share correspondence with third party stakeholders on social media - especially knowing they don't have the consent of aforementioned stakeholder. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

Her depute, McDonald, has now tweeted emails between himself and Robertson. Bizarrely, he's blacked out his own email address, but not Robertson's. Highly irregular of a councillor to share correspondence with third party stakeholders on social media - especially knowing they don't have the consent of aforementioned stakeholder. 

If he's broken the rules of GDPR he's in soapy bubble!

29 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

The emails from Robertson clearly state that the information is confidential, so I dunno how he can claim he's not acted either maliciously or out of incompetence there. 

Both these attributes along with a season ticket to the piggery are all that is required for office at GCC mate ..... it is considered a badge of honour for them .... :p:

13 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

Good post mate .... Where's Inigo when you need him? .... he's from the area is he not? .... perhaps he could start a petition and round up support to take to local Community leaders and change their minds on this worthwhile project.

TBH I think it best if we can get folks to attend all these meetings, I know I will start going to the community council meetings in my area from now on.