Dollar short, day late in the 'Couve

The Widow's Son

We're a little better than we were although not as good as we will be.  I got that sinking feeling twenty minutes in or so and knew we'd be lucky to get out of town with a point.  Not the maulings we've had in the recent past but we are still second best.  I'd like to look for some improvements but don't see too many.  Best be patient because it'll be some time before we can think of dethroning them.

1 hour ago, The Widow's Son said:

We're a little better than we were although not as good as we will be.  I got that sinking feeling twenty minutes in or so and knew we'd be lucky to get out of town with a point.  Not the maulings we've had in the recent past but we are still second best.  I'd like to look for some improvements but don't see too many.  Best be patient because it'll be some time before we can think of dethroning them.

We are not a little better, people keep saying we are better with better players but yet again luck kept the score down, they were rarely troubled by us and could have won the game by three clear goals, maybe more. The midfield still has the shite from last year and Gerrard has added more shite and kiddies to it.

Gerrards decision to play Kent instead of Candeias was a blunder given that Tav and Candeias link up well in defence/offence and to not swap them at half time was negligent managing of which seems to be the norm for Gerrard especially in away games.

2 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

We are not a little better

That's objectively wrong.

We were knocked out in the EL first qualifying round last season to Progrès fucking Niederkorn, whereas this season we've got into the group stages.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

We were knocked out in the EL first qualifying round last season to Progrès fucking Niederkorn, whereas this season we've got into the group stages.

Domestic football is priority and our record already is piss poor. 

I was gutted by today's performance and lack of fight and urgency and so on but we are four games in and I believe we will mount a challenge in the league, Baffles me as always that what occurs on the pitch and the managers reaction seems to take an age, Sure we were lucky to make it to half time as a draw but surely the manager sees what we see and realises changes need to be made?

45 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Europe has got nothing to do with the league, Le Guen had a similar record in both, it is early days but there is a worrying trend developing in the midfield, of which we have seen over the last two years and with certain player choises starting games and also subs.

Gerrard had nothing on the bench today to change the game, that's another worrying fact.

15 minutes ago, Sket said:

Depends. If current form keeps up then no.

Barring St. Mirren away, it's been a tough start fixture-wise tbf.

Our next few games are at home and against easier opposition so I'd expect us to get a winning run going.

7 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Our next few games are at home and against easier opposition so I'd expect us to get a winning run going.

Aberdeen we were decent considering the circumstances.

St Mirren we done what was required. 

Kilmarnock we were impressive.

Motherwell,aside from a 20 minute period in the first half,we were fucking shite.

Today was a continuation of how shite we were against Motherwell.

135 continuous domestic minutes of being harassed,bullied and beaten to every ball. 

i'll wait until around xmas before spitting the dummy, yes it was an extremely dissapointing display today but I'm certain the manager knows for sure that we are still very weak in the midfield area, and I'm also sure he will address this area given time, FFS he"s only been in the job a couple of months, as long as we are still in contention until the January window when hopefully he can strengthen the midfield things will not be as bad as some may think that they are just now, it"s just a matter of putting a run of wins under our belt of which I'm confident this team is capable of doing, the international  break will give these guys a chance to regroup and we'll take it from there, even after today I'm a lot happier than I was this time last year.

2 hours ago, danger ranger said:

We are not a little better, people keep saying we are better with better players but yet again luck kept the score down, they were rarely troubled by us and could have won the game by three clear goals, maybe more. The midfield still has the shite from last year and Gerrard has added more shite and kiddies to it.

Gerrards decision to play Kent instead of Candeias was a blunder given that Tav and Candeias link up well in defence/offence and to not swap them at half time was negligent managing of which seems to be the norm for Gerrard especially in away games.

Lafferty instead of Candeias was the mistake

We didn't reserve to get anything out of that game. Though it hurts me to say so.

It could've been a whole lot worse. We only started to play, a bit, when they scored.

I could hardly watch the game, and kept looking away at times. It was hard to watch.

8 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Were people honestly expecting us to overtake them by the first week of September? 

I was expecting us to give them a game though, that was nearly a re run of the previous maulings,  bar/.bar/,post and a couple of excellent shagger saves kept it to one with us seldom threatening.

5 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think the team had that sort of fight left in them after the 9 man UFA stand off. As athletes they needed time to recover properly and we don't have a pool of players to choose from just yet to give them that respite. I think SG factored this fatigue, dehydration, muscle pain etc in the way he set up the team so as to avoid injuries. I think our team gave us a last push with everything they had left in the tank and they would have succeeded in getting a draw if it hadn't been for the ref.  

On the flip side of the coin they had their 11 best out and they couldn't score from the advantage of a fatigued Rangers team, the ref had to gift them a goal. 

Well said that was there full team were we have players still to shine .

I heard  tims in work going on about us on thurs as down to 9 and flying back from Russia so we wud be knackered or lucky  to keep our players on the park

let then have there moment but we're coming for them .

2 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

Well said that was there full team were we have players still to shine .

I heard  tims in work going on about us on thurs as down to 9 and flying back from Russia so we wud be knackered or lucky  to keep our players on the park

let then have there moment but we're coming for them .

I'm really looking forward to them playing us at Ibrox. I'd love for SG to set the team up on full throttle and see how our team fair against theirs without advantages to them blocking our path.

Motherwell away shouldn't be tough fixture for a club like ours who has spent a fortune on players coming in. They are bang average

Aberdeen have been honking too so far, they were dire that day.

The taigs away is always going to be tough, it wasn't the result that stuck in the throat but the powder puff display that looked no different to those in the past few seasons.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Motherwell away shouldn't be tough fixture for a club like ours who has spent a fortune on players coming in. They are bang average

Aberdeen have been honking too so far, they were dire that day.

The taigs away is always going to be tough, it wasn't the result that stuck in the throat but the powder puff display that looked no different to those in the past few seasons.

This. 

7 hours ago, Bronzy said:

This all day long, fully expect us to improve as a unit as the season goes on and a run of games at Ibrox will assist with this...