Joe Worrall.

Clemdog

I actually didn't think he started too well, looked nervy. I was definitely one of the "why is he playing again" guys, but he completely proved me wrong. Got stronger as the game went on and showed real composure with the ball at his feet at times.

More of that please!

Tough call going forward as I think Katic is going to be huge for us as well, but it's nice to have a number of good players in each position.

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

can't fault the lad at all. He had a great night.

I still prefer Katic.

Aye, same. Worrall had a good game, but I've not been overly impressed with him before tonight, and I'd rather we revert to Goldson & Katić for Hearts. Those two have developed an understanding already, and it's a game we have to win. 

Still, he should be very proud of his performance - especially as his only other experience of European football was the Villarreal game. Looks like he's settled in fairly quickly too. 

5 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Shut up a few doubters tonight ,was my motm and definitely didn't deserve some of the criticism he suffered on the back of sunday.

Lets no rewrite history. He was brutal on Sunday. Really awful. 

Excellent last night though. 

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Lets no rewrite history. He was brutal on Sunday. Really awful. 

Excellent last night though. 

No problem with people saying he was awful on Sunday caus he was in good company on that score , but many were suggesting he was incapable of last nights performance and didn't mince their words. So the lesson is wait till a guys had a run of games and fitness before using the "donkey" word.

Ahead of Katic is baffling , I don’t think he’s looked half the player Katic is , not as strong or quick. , loved the Gerrard reign apart from the obvious wee bumps so far , but I’m really not seeing the sense in this decision 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

^ Agree with that, Katic has been one of our stand out performers. Worrall looks decent enough but I can't see what's convinced Gerrard he's a better option than Katic, if that's indeed the case.

I think today Gerrard looked at that hearts team and put out the most robust players we have - because they have a lot of big units. Hence Worral over katic and Flanagan over barasic. 

It might also be a case of getting games into Worrall to bring him up to the same match-fitness levels as Katic.

NK has had a pretty intense start to the season in terms of number of games played and it’s good for him that he’s not being relied on too heavily at such a young age. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think today Gerrard looked at that hearts team and put out the most robust players we have - because they have a lot of big units. Hence Worral over katic and Flanagan over barasic. 

You could well be right. If I'm Katic or Barisic I think I'd be a bit offended at the idea that Worrall and Flanagan are harder than me though.

3 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

I get resting players but I don't think Katic has deserved to sit out the last 3 games. 

This. 

I worry that Gerrard is simply favouring Worrall over Katic and we'll end up developing someone else's player while our own very capable player warms the bench.

11 minutes ago, roboscot said:

It might also be a case of getting games into Worrall to bring him up to the same match-fitness levels as Katic.

NK has had a pretty intense start to the season in terms of number of games played and it’s good for him that he’s not being relied on too heavily at such a young age. 

Katic is older than Worrall mate.