Karanka unsure if he can recall Joe Worrall early

Smile

Aitor Karanka admits it will be a "problem" for Nottingham Forest if Michael Dawson’s injury proves to be a serious one.

The defender limped off late in the 2-0 win over Ipswich with a hamstring problem, and Karanka says it is unclear how long the 35-year-old will be sidelined.

With Danny Fox already recovering from a foot injury and Tobias Figueiredo still having two matches of a three-game ban to serve, it could leave Forest with a headache.

Jack Robinson has plenty of experience of playing in the centre and moved alongside Michael Hefele to good effect in the final stages, with Ben Osborn coming off the bench to play at left-back

But Hefele and Robinson could be Forest’s only two experienced central defensive options when Preston visit next weekend

“I do not know how serious it is. It might be a hamstring problem, but we do not know how bad it is,” said Karanka. “If it is serious; if he is out for more than a week or two, it will be a problem.

But today Jack Robinson moved into the centre and we have other players to play.”

Forest also have Joe Worrall out on a season-long loan at Glasgow Rangers, but it is unclear whether he could be recalled in January.

“I do not know if we can recall him. I need to check what the terms of the contract are,” said Karanka.

32 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Not a player we want to have to replace half way through the Season. 

Going by his post match Villarreal interview he wouldn't be too pleased either. 

Yeah it was good to see the look on his face when he said he’s loving it. Think his past comments about being a Forest player were taken too much to heart by some. 

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Mate, not being arsey but why is there obviously some sort of problem? Seen it mentioned a few times on here but with no substance whatsoever, the boy has lost a bit of confidence and form and that's it imo.

Sorry I didn't mean for my post to come across as suggesting he had an attitude problem or something like that. Yes seems to have lost form and confidence which is a problem in itself. Who know maybe we will see him on Sunday. I definitely think we will see some rotation at the back but possibly might be McCauley coming in.

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

Yeah it was good to see the look on his face when he said he’s loving it. Think his past comments about being a Forest player were taken too much to heart by some. 

It’s understandable, he’s a young lad, a Forest fan and Forest were all he had ever known.

Moving home and club were always going to be something he had to get used to.

A club wanted to pay £10m for him.  He is certainly not pish.  He will only get better with games and as he settles.

23 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The problem seems to be we overrated him 

Possibly. He's still young and you can see the potentials there but maybe not ready to be starting every game. You can tell goldson is a more mature defender than him.

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The problem seems to be we overrated him 

Wasn't sure about him getting dropped at first but now I am just trusting Gerrard's decisions. He has obviously seen something with him and has made a big call regardless to how we all may respond to it. The right decision probably.

Worrall hasn't put many a foot wrong for me and he fully deserves a place in the team.

Overall it's not bad problems to have.

Just now, Ronald de Boer said:

It’s understandable, he’s a young lad, a Forest fan and Forest were all he had ever known.

Moving home and club were always going to be something he had to get used to.

A club wanted to pay £10m for him.  He is certainly not pish.  He will only get better with games and as he settles.

It’s also true that a lot of players just don’t realise what they’re getting themselves into. Once they realise the size of the club and the support they fall in love. 

22 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

He isn't interested in being at Ibrox (from his earlier comments) - let him go.

Lol wit. The last thing we need is to start replacing players who are playing the majority of our games halfway through a season. 

He isn’t my first choice btw but he’s settled here now, played in a lot of games and if am honest hasn’t had any more poor games than the rest of the team

Just now, OhW said:

It’s also true that a lot of players just don’t realise what they’re getting themselves into. Once they realise the size of the club and the support they fall in love. 

Absolutely.  Happens regularly with foreign players.  They don’t realise how big we are and what it means to us.

15 minutes ago, Ronald de Boer said:

Would rather we kept him than had to go out and find someone for central defence in January.

He and Katic have both made mistakes but we are where we are and it will take time to get back to being able to spend £2-3m a player.

We spent over £2m on Goldson and the same for Grezda.