Players that never really took to the fans?

graeme_4

Rod Wallace to an extent

not that I think he’s a cunt or that he’s done anything bad.

i just wonder why he’s never bothered his arse considering how great a striker he was. 

I don’t hold anything against him but just find it strange he’s never been seen or heard of since he’s left.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Pena apparently has a disregard for us, mostly based on the noise wiping incident, (which I'm a bit doubtful about, suspect it was stupid rather than deliberate), could be interesting to see how he gets on if he does indeed come back and play. 

If?

I will get a game before that fat waster.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Was talking to my father in law about this round the dinner table today. 

You see some guys with zero prior connection to us that become totally enamoured with the club. Novo comes to mind. And guys that leave us, even under disappointing circumstances sometimes, but are still nothing but respectful. 

Occasionally you get someone that seems to not give a fuck or be apathetic about our club and fans when they’re here regardless of trophies, and be nothing but a prick when they’ve left. 

Whittaker comes to mind immediately. Anyone else on that list? 

I honestly cannot understand how you would have no emotional connection with the fans after that 2008 European run.

They must be dead behind the eyes.

3 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

If I remember correctly, after he’d left us and was at Leeds, he absolutely ripped into us, Souness and Scottish Football in general. 

I know he didn’t hang about long but didn’t know he’d slated us.

What we have to remember is that footballers are a mercenary breed and playing is their job, there will be some who " get it" but by and large they are just passing through and shortly will be embracing the followers of their next club, the fans are the constant of any team cradle to grave but the occupants of the boardroom/dugout/playing field are with some exceptions just visitors.