Players that never really took to the fans?

graeme_4

How the fuck has Miller not been mentioned yet.

I didn't like it when we took him back after playing for them and yes partially made up for it with his performances but for me, it was only ever about the money with him. Otherwise why would you bounce back and forth between clubs?

Whittaker and Butcher are the only ones I can think of that have ill feeling towards the club.

MOH was always a taig, but not a bitter one (or he would never have played for us).

As for players that have took to the club, Lee Wallace came with no love for us - now his wains run about in the kit.

13 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I didn't like it when we took him back after playing for them and yes partially made up for it with his performances but for me, it was only ever about the money with him. Otherwise why would you bounce back and forth between clubs?

‘Partially’ :lol: Hilarious that some cunts still think that.

10 hours ago, jackunion said:

Rod Wallace to an extent

not that I think he’s a cunt or that he’s done anything bad.

i just wonder why he’s never bothered his arse considering how great a striker he was. 

I don’t hold anything against him but just find it strange he’s never been seen or heard of since he’s left.

Used to say the same about him , couldnt give a fuck about us when he was here and when he left.

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Chris Burke. Something about him just got right on my tits.

burkes a tarrier as was a few of them youth that came through same time, stevie hughes came from a tarrier family and was not welcome with his Rangers training gear at a few of his famiies homes with anything gers related

8 hours ago, its_an_extender said:

I honestly cannot understand how you would have no emotional connection with the fans after that 2008 European run.

They must be dead behind the eyes.

Unbelievable really. To be with us for what was it 5 years and then allow your boy to run around in a celtic top is on another level of disrespect to not just the fans but the players he shared that journey with.

I'm not too fussed if the players 'love' us or the club or not, as long as they give their all when they are here. There are plenty who shouldn't have been with us though such as Forrester, Windass, Black etc. But it does give you a nice warm feeling when a player really does get us such as Marvin, Novo, Prso etc.

2 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

My thoughts on him are clear, but there was games where he cared and tried more than any other player on the park

4 hours ago, scotty1976 said:

If I remember correctly, after he’d left us and was at Leeds, he absolutely ripped into us, Souness and Scottish Football in general. 

I can’t remember Sterland bad mouthing us but I do remember the left back, Jan Bertram getting ripped into Souness and Scottish football after he left us.

13 hours ago, Cedrick said:

If he’s playing in charity matches for no fee good on him , take my hat off , still a tossser who had no respect for our club until money was running out when his career was over 

Considering that 10 in a row was in the bag .His attitude and what it effect it had on others , the unsettling of a side that was banging them in for fun , cost us 10 in a row and I will always maintain this

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Theres been loads of catholics who came to the club and never realised the whole religious animosity , when they finally realise its against their religion they dont want to be here.

OHalloran knew all about it but loved taking money from us.....

There was 2 blessing themselves onto the easter road turf . It's changed days

Took a disliking to Butcher with some of his shite stories about us,then sort of mellowed to pity after the death of his son.
The one I have a real dislike for,at the moment is that big cunt broadfoot.
What the fucks his problem when he plays us? 
Have absolutely no doubt the boy is/was a blue nose,and now he just seems hell bent on destroying any admiration I had for him,with his attitude towards any one in a Rangers top.
Just find it strange.  

17 hours ago, MikeBlue said:

Not sure Jelavic ever regarded us as anything but a stepping stone to a mid table EPL career

He was perfectly honest about his plans, left on good terms with the fans - doesn't have an axe to grind against us at all, he said in a recent interview his best career moment was scoring in the LC final.

No one likes us, we don't care

Well, it seems that some snowflakes do care 🙂   Gone are the days of Rangers men playing for the club they grew up supporting.   Some contemporary players take to the club, others do not, they merely see us as a job or in some cases a stepping-stone. 

It's a simple fact, one a Ranger always a Ranger, is no longer always the case and for me, t doesn't matter, what counts is what they do while wearing the jersey. Their actions on the field matter a lot more than their tweets or platitudes when they leave the club. 

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

I can’t remember Sterland bad mouthing us but I do remember the left back, Jan Bertram getting ripped into Souness and Scottish football after he left us.

Jan Bartram was one of the fastest players I have ever seen. Unfortunately, he was back in Denmark only ten minutes when he was talking to the press about how Souness was telling him to kick everybody all the time. He only played 14 games, but managed 3 goals as a left back