Players that never really took to the fans?

graeme_4

Was talking to my father in law about this round the dinner table today. 

You see some guys with zero prior connection to us that become totally enamoured with the club. Novo comes to mind. And guys that leave us, even under disappointing circumstances sometimes, but are still nothing but respectful. 

Occasionally you get someone that seems to not give a fuck or be apathetic about our club and fans when they’re here regardless of trophies, and be nothing but a prick when they’ve left. 

Whittaker comes to mind immediately. Anyone else on that list? 

Initially, Arteta. It was almost like he didn't realise what he meant to us and the massive part he played in one of our greatest moments.

Later in his career (actually retirement IIRC) he thanked us for basically shaping him as a man and a player. Hindsight maybe, but regardless I was glad to finally hear it. However, still not certain he knows what he meant to us at the time and when we really needed him with Ferguson going. Obviously nothing compared to wasters like Windass, Boli, etc but still something that twigs the memory, but not even close to being on a scale of dishonour that would have me wish him nothing but the absolute best in his further career.

Butcher, Whittaker, and Naismith all were fine with being one of us til Butcher was called out for being a shitebag and the other 2 wanted to line their pockets above everything else. All 3 since leaving should never be brought back in any capacity (unless there's a charity stoning event on the go).

Davis is harshly thought of imo, but in fairness to those who dislike him, he did move on a bit easily.

Ohalloran and Windass are possibly the only two I agree with so far of those mentioned. Loaners and short term signings I wouldn't expect much from in terms of loyalty.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

100% this ,fucking hated it here , didn’t see him whoring his book at Perugia or Bologna etc , can’t believe bears fell for this wank , should been hunted not deemed as a “legend” by many , unbelievable 

When was his book out? Years ago?

He plays in plenty charity games especially the Lee Rigby one that he probably doesn’t need to bother to turn up to but he does.

Not a legend cos of the way it planned out with us but if he feels he has an affinity now with the fans and his ex team mates then that’s good enough for me.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

When was his book out? Years ago?

He plays in plenty charity games especially the Lee Rigby one that he probably doesn’t need to bother to turn up to but he does.

Not a legend cos of the way it planned out with us but if he feels he has an affinity now with the fans and his ex team mates then that’s good enough for me.

If he’s playing in charity matches for no fee good on him , take my hat off , still a tossser who had no respect for our club until money was running out when his career was over 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

If he’s playing in charity matches for no fee good on him , take my hat off , still a tossser who had no respect for our club until money was running out when his career was over 

You know about his personal finances? That’s a fairly bold statement.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Playing these charity games isn’t going to make him ‘minted’ is it?

Not even what I said , if he’s playing them for free good on him , still a prick his playing days and should been nowhere near the club again with a book