If You Could Take One Player From The Past To Play In The Team Now Who Would It Be ?

tannerall

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Tough one, do you go for someone to put some dig into the team or a pure footballer. 

So for me I’m going for 2, Greig and Laudrup. 

Souness was both, one of the best passers of a ball I've seen and amazing awareness and confidence.

I saw him supply a truly amazing 50 yard lobbed pass at Ibrox that landed about  an inch in front of the Kenny Dalglish's right boot for Dalglish to smack in a great goal.

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Souness was both, one of the best passers of a ball I've seen and amazing awareness and confidence.

I saw him supply a truly amazing 50 yard lobbed pass at Ibrox that landed about  an inch in front of the Kenny Dalglish's right boot for Dalglish to smack in a great goal.

Probably doing John a disservice as well far more to his game than simply liking a good tackle. 

Just now, ianferguson said:

You can argue Laudrup was better than Gazza though I'd disagree, to say he was in a different class from Gazza is blatent hyperbole. 

We could argue this one all night  guys...... but I'm just grateful we had 2 of the best players in the world in our team at the same time.

Both were absolutely magnificent during their spells at the club.

There’s no right or wrong answer everybody had their favourite player, wether he was the best player in the team or not

i had a gazza haircut, but I also had a Pieter Huistra one aswell lol now it’s a posso haircut, whit fuckin hair

gazza or laudrup? Fuck me I’d take anybody with half their ability 

Guess who I'm going to say?................wrong, I'd have to go with John Grieg, anyone who was fortunate enough to have witnessed the service this great legend gave us would be hard pushed to disagree, John Grieg literally carried us practically on his own for so long while they were doing their 9IAR leading by example, and truly deserves the title of GREATEST EVER RANGER, what he could offer in this team could never be imagined by those who never got seen him play.

18 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Guess who I'm going to say?................wrong, I'd have to go with John Grieg, anyone who was fortunate enough to have witnessed the service this great legend gave us would be hard pushed to disagree, John Grieg literally carried us practically on his own for so long while they were doing their 9IAR leading by example, and truly deserves the title of GREATEST EVER RANGER, what he could offer in this team could never be imagined by those who never got seen him play.

I only partially agree.  We may not have been winning leagues,  but we had very good players in the team with Greig. Do we need a stronger leader or a flair player to unlock defences? The latter.

2 minutes ago, jamess said:

I only partially agree.  We may not have been winning leagues,  but we had very good players in the team with Greig. Do we need a stronger leader or a flair player to unlock defences? The latter.

We could argue this all night mate, IMO Gerrard's priority is getting a captain/leader in the team, and while I would desperately love to have a proper #10 I also think we do have players to unlock most defences, our main problem is composure when chances arrive, and remember John Greig scored a fair amount of goals from outside the box either from midfield or full back.