The left wing conundrum for next season

King Jela

Just now, Lloyd said:

Murphy should be played as a number 10, he’s too slow and predictable for a winger. Buy a better LW if we can’t get Kent back. 

Spot on, quite creative but doesn't have blistering pace for the wing. 

I'd try get Kent back if not sign someone, use Jones as backup (he isn't that bad a player), loan out Middleton to Livi/Hearts/St Johnstone, sell Grezda if he doesn't impress in pre-season and use Murphy as a back up #10. 

Even more of a dilemma should we stick with the current formation. Both Murphy and Kent ( who I think will stay - Gerrard factor ) are better playing inside as a #10. Never saw the point in the Jones signing. Grezda will fight Candeias on the right and Middleton will fill in.

26 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Even more of a dilemma should we stick with the current formation. Both Murphy and Kent ( who I think will stay - Gerrard factor ) are better playing inside as a #10. Never saw the point in the Jones signing. Grezda will fight Candeias on the right and Middleton will fill in.

Candeias and Grezda as our choices for Right wingers is dreadful tbh. Won’t be near the league if that’s the quality we have down that side next season. 

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

Really don’t he’s creative enough to be a number 10 and his lack of pace doesn’t help in that position either. 

We've missed his goals this season, guarantee he would've been in double figures this season if he hadn't got fucked

Think Grezda might surprise a few with a proper preseason and after having a year or so in Scotland. Wouldn’t be looking to cut loses just yet. 

Jones, Middleton and Candeias are dug meat. 

Murphy seems to have got better the longer he’s been injured, although he’d have probably contributed more than Kent and Candeias in terms of goals and assists. 

Big question for me is always, would this player get in the filth starting 11? Sadly apart from Kent none of the others would even make their squad. 

Honestly none of them fit the bill and that includes Kent. 

Murphy, Kent and Grezda are all better in behind the main forward. The rest aren’t good enough full stop. 

So it will need to be someone new if we are going to have a proper Left sided attacking player. 

Yet to be convinced about Murphy. I know he’s injured but let’s be honest he hardly looked the part before his injury.  

Hes decent but not a starter for me. Not if we want to win the league anyway, grezda looks a donkey, Middleton is raw and predictable, yet to see jones properly, and Kent is best played more central.  

The right hand side is weak aswell. I can’t believe how quick candeias seems to be yet we never see him go past a man.  

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Think Grezda might surprise a few with a proper preseason and after having a year or so in Scotland. Wouldn’t be looking to cut loses just yet. 

Jones, Middleton and Candeias are dug meat. 

Murphy seems to have got better the longer he’s been injured, although he’d have probably contributed more than Kent and Candeias in terms of goals and assists. 

Big question for me is always, would this player get in the filth starting 11? Sadly apart from Kent none of the others would even make their squad. 

Two words - Carlos pena 

We desperately need more productivity from the wide areas next season. It’s one area where celtic are a lot better than we are.

Kent and Candeias have scored 12 goals between them this season and have 19 assists. Sinclair & Forrest have scored 34 and have 26 assists.